Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£0.99

on 14 January 2010
Excellent cd. The title track is a better version of the song than the original Miley Cirus. The other tracks (Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me and Somebody to Love) are live recordings taken from the XFactor episodes. They demonstrate the purity and tonal qualities of Joe's voice well. I have pre-ordered Joe's first album already, it should be available at the end of the year!
on 9 February 2010
In a word "Incredible!" Joe's voice blows me away! Especially since he is so young. I'll buy anything he records.
There is a tone in his voice that is combined with expert control that is amazing. His has tremendous power and seem to put 110% in everything he does.
I hope he becomes a huge artist in the States. We need someone like this who is REALLY talented!! Not to say Miley Cirus's version is not good but Joe's version is even better.
Can't wait for the album. If the powers that be read this PLEASE release his CD in the United States and promote him like Leona Lewis was promoted. Guys need a break too!
on 20 January 2010
If you enjoyed the x-factor version you will love this studio recording. Joe at his best!
on 14 December 2009
Wow can that lad sing! He's even turned around 'The Climb' for me, which I previously never rated! I still wish he'd been given something different/original for his debut single but if anyone can make a 'meh' song instantly sound good it's Joe! He seems to have the vocal equivalent of the midas touch. Never liked Open Arms, Sorry Seems to Be or She's Out of My Life as much as when I heard Joe McElderry's version of them! Delighted that my fave performance of his: 'Don't let the sun' is on this CD too, a definite bonus!

I loved every one of his x factor performances (and he was the sole reason I was hooked this entire series + the only contestant I've ever voted for) but it wasn't especially to do with the song choices (though I think Cheryl chose well, on the whole); it was down to the incredible quality of his voice.

That he doesn't seem to take his gift for granted, so clearly loves performing and is keen to continue working hard to keep improving is admirable and convinces me he'll be around for some time yet. A very worthy winner and a lovely personality.

Can't wait for his debut album, hopefully packed to the brim with original stuff which truly showcases that beautiful voice.
on 3 July 2010
Joe McElderry was without a doubt the deserved winner of the X Factor. His voice was second to none throughout the whole series. Why oh why then, did the big man give him such a terrible song choice to release as the winner's song. Simon Cowell has let down Joe, and there was no surprise when RATM took Christmas no.1
on 25 January 2010
Joe McElderry's debut single is great version of 'The Climb' with the bonus of two further songs from The XFactor Finals - 'Somebody To Love' and 'Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me'
on 19 January 2010
I think Joe will be a great singer and he has a great future ahead off him.
I will for sure follow his cariiere here in Holland
on 7 January 2011
Officially the best winner of the x factor ever! his voice is just beautiful, would rate more than a 5 if i could!!! Brilliant x
on 22 January 2010
this cd is great Joe has a wonderful voice i loved it and o did everyone i let listen to it hope he does very well.
on 1 February 2010
we rececently purchased joe mcelderry, the climb, the cd and it's packaging was in excellent condition and we enjoy listening to it. the delivery seemed to be a long time and was later than advised, but there was a lot of snow around so maybe that was the reason.