5.0 out of 5 stars so comfy
I love these boots they are lightweight,robust and vv comfy
I'm quite old school in that I love leather boots and these needed hardly any breaking in
Ive walked miles in these babies over and in peat bogs,rocky outcrops heathland wild moors,deep snow
Published on 29 Jun 2010 by Miss Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Womens Explorer Explorer Ridge
Not as comfortable as the non leather women's hiking boots. Took a fair few days to mold to my feet, but admittedly, I have a wide foot. Seems fine now, but haven't had a proper hike in it yet.
Published on 4 May 2012 by dutchy

5.0 out of 5 stars so comfy, 29 Jun 2010
Miss Jones "anniefudge" (derbyshire) - See all my reviews
I love these boots they are lightweight,robust and vv comfy
They haven't let me down if Berghaus ever stop making these I'll buy in bulk because I don't ever want a different pair of boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Comfort & Value, 15 Jan 2011
These are a great pair of quality hiking boots. I was able to wear them for walking straight away, they were so comfortable and no blisters in sight. I have had these boots since the Spring, and am so glad I bought them. They have been excellent during all the snow and ice we have had for the past two months. The grip on them is very good and they are very supportive without being too rigid around your ankles, as the build quality is excellent. They are warm and waterproof in the winter, but I have also worn them in the Summer and with a good pair of socks your feet don't overheat, as the leather lets your feet breathe. They are so comfortable that you will be happy to wear them all day long and are not too heavy. I have even worn them going shopping about town - my feet are in heaven!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great! Soooo comfortable!, 3 Mar 2012
I bought these boots as a result of all the reviews on here. I purchased the size 7, which is my normal shoe/trainer size and they fit perfectly. I slipped them on straight from the box and went out to do an 8 mile trek in them. I didn't get one hint of a rub or blister and my feet remained dry with no sweatiness apparent. I also decided to put them to the test doing a bit of downhill jogging with the dog a few days later and found that not only were they comfortable enough to do this in, but there was no problem with toe rub when going downhill.

I thoroughly recommend these boots, and as long as they don't let in water or wear prematurely, I shall certainly be buying another pair when required.

If you're in two minds whether or not to get these or the suede/fabric version, I found these to be a more "quality" fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfortable, even the foxes want a pair!, 4 Mar 2011
This review is from: Berghaus Women's WMNS Explorer Ridge Hiking Boot (Apparel)
I bought a pair of these boots last year and from the off they fitted like a glove, were hardy in mud and rain and light enough to wear all day. Then, the night before last after a particularly muddy dog walk I left them on the doormat, meaning to bring them in later. However, I forgot. The next morning, only one boot was on the doormat. I was convinced my son was playing a practical joke but then our clever dog started playing with the torn-off tag from the top of the boot and still no sight of the boot! Yes, it seems that a midnight visitor acquired one of my boots, perhaps for some mice to sleep in (and now I'm getting carried away!). So, without delay, and because I loved the boots so much I got straight on to Amazon yesterday afternoon and ordered a new, identical pair straight away (having to fork out twice is currently shoved to the back of my mind - I just need comfy boots). I have just returned home at 1pm to find my new, shiny boots ready for me to wear for the weekend of muddy dog walks. Out of the box, they are just as comfortable. The moral of the story - remember to bring your boots in off the door mat before you head up to bed. And thank you Amazon - the speed of your delivery is second-to-none.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality., 26 Oct 2010
To date no complaints. So comfortable to wear straight away, good quality and they are defintely waterproof unlike some of the cheaper brands. It is worth paying that bit extra.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!, 19 April 2011
D. L. Ball (England) - See all my reviews
I bought these boots three months before an attempt at the three peak challenge. After reading the other reviews, which said that they were comfortable and needed little breaking in. I have worn these for several 10 and 20 mile walks over various terrain and they are marvellous. Really comfortable but a really good quality walking boot. I highly recommend them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy with a true grip, 14 Jan 2014
We do a fair share of fell walking (wainwrights from the biggest to the smallest) and coastal walks. Mostly we walk in the lakes as we live close but also the Dales, Scotland and the coastal paths of the south when holidaying. I had worn out my previous pair of Scarpas and saw these in a local shop. I tried them on and they fit my size perfectly. Whilst there I checked Amazon and found that I could get them for 58 after 20% off via a clothing email subscription (51 cheaper than the shop) so I went home and purchased online. Since getting them last week I have just done my first walk in them. Albeit a short walk around Rydal Water but the terrain was very varied (rocks, large gravel, small gravel, bit of scree, mossy stones, rocky scramble, boulder stepping stones) and I found the grip of the sole to be sure. I didn't experience the slippage complained about in previous reviews and neither did my hubby who got the Mens equivalent as he wore out his Brashers at the same time. I'm not sure where the slipping people have been walking, and I wouldn't expect any boot to cope well on ice or badly mossed flagstones they coped admirably on my test drive walk. They were comfortable too. Time till tell how robust they prove to be but they will get looked after and hopefully they will look after me. I hope this helps anyone with concerns over the grip

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value walking boots, 25 Oct 2013
I brought a pair of these boots for my partner. She has a problem getting boots to fit as she takes a size 3 which many brands do not do. On top of this she has very narrow ankles which makes it difficult to find boots that provide good support for the ankle area. These boots solved both problems and they were perfect from the start. They are light, comfortable and as others have commented needed no breaking in. This was proved beyond doubt as on only the 4th time they were worn we completed a 7 mile hike in northern Spain which involved a climb of over 2600 feet and back down again. Her feet suffered no discomfort whatsoever and the thick ankle padding stopped the boots moving and provided excellent support. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars These boots are made for walking!!, 20 Sep 2013
These boots are amazing!! I walk miles every day and also hill walk, they don't need wearing in, they are comfortable from the word go. I'm on my third pair, which doesn't mean they don't wear well, only that I bought my first pair 9 years ago. I keep my newest ones for the ice and snow and still wear the others through the summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable from the start, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Berghaus Women's WMNS Explorer Ridge Hiking Boot (Apparel)
This is my second pair, brilliant all round walking boot. First pair lasted years with a lot of punishment walking through a variety of terrains.