Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 December 2010
The 5 "main" Jesus and Mary Chain albums in a rather minimalistically designed set. Still a great way to familiarize yourself with the JAMC canon for only a few bucks. These are the basic presentations of the albums, not the latest over compressed remasters with bonustracks but the dynamically bare bones original masterpieces, in all their gloriously depraved, inspired borrowed genius.
on 26 August 2010
Five jamc albums for the price of one a bargain so good it's almost insulting to the memory of the band.If you don't have all these you should.Noise,misery,pop,gentle strumming,it's all here.
on 9 January 2013
This box set contains the first five J&MC albums at less than £3 a pop: bargain. The discs come in cardboard sleeves in an overall thick(ish) box, which, for this money can't really lead to any complaints.

For those of you unfamiliar with the band thay tend toward indie rock rather than just pop: distorted guitars, white noise the works. But this creates a dark influenced music and melodies rather than heavy industrial music. look to "my bloody valentive" or even some "cocteau twins" for music in the same general ballpark (no one does it exactly like this band.)

For information the five albums are:-
Psycho Candy
Darklands
Automatic
Honey's dead
Stoned and dethroned

Thats a total of 66 track for under £15!

Only one extra thought: if you find you like this, but the excellent MUNKI album. Brilliant.
From experience I have often found that many of the other sets from different artists in the Original Album series are in actual fact the remastered versions with additional tracks or at the very least a mixture of the two. (Which makes them an even bigger bargain!)

Sad to say thie is NOT the case with this set.

So I thought a track listing would be handy to compare them to ones you may have.

Still an amazingly cheap set with the neat cardboard sleeves- heck someone has got to love them!

If you spot any mistakes just add a comment and I will rectify it Toot Sweet
(and yes I know it's not spelled that way!!)
Track listing

16. These days
17. Feeling lucky
This track listing was revised on 0.04.2012
on 15 February 2014
There are plenty of reviews of these albums, so I just want to add that this is outstanding value for money. Well done.
on 16 March 2013
A great series and a good way to keep your old vinyl from getting damaged. Listen to one after another and hear TJAMC turn from indie noise makers to one of the best pop song makers of the 80's/90's.
on 6 March 2015
An absolutely incredible bargain. There's no excuse for anyone now not to know all of the Mary Chains songs
on 23 August 2015
Darklands and Automatic are fantastic albums ,owning the other three albums was a bonus
on 24 August 2015
Good value . . .great way to catch up with a band that I missed first time round !!
on 15 August 2011
Having been a J&MC fan from the first album, this collection was a must for me. Especially at this price. These are not remastered, like the newly issued expanded cd`s, but they sound great through my earphones!!! "Automatic" is the weakest album, in my opinion. The J&MC are indie legends!