on 6 July 2012
The term genius is thrown at many artists without any justification. But Ray was a one off. From the blusey back-room songs of the Forties to the over-produced orchestra and chorus spectaculars of the Eighties he showed all the symptoms. But his compositions were the real strength. The first I was aware of was by Eddie Cochran - 'Halleluyah, I Love Her So' - coming from a rock and roll superstar who played the rebel hero in my teens, then 'I Got a Woman' coming from almost grown-up child performer Ricky Nelson. Then the song with the riff which launched a thousand rock and roll careers, 'What'd I Say'. This CD set covers the early years in detail, so that you can hear the origins of everything that made a gutsy sparkling performer.
on 2 March 2014
3 CD's for that price? Glad I'm not a musician.... Great CD though, lot of music on there and it's full of great songs and it's well packed, looks good, well delivered etc. I am happy and grooving.
on 22 December 2011
I didn't know most of the songs on this CD collection so consequently was not altogether happy with it. Some of it was from a very young Ray Charles which could be ascertained from his voice. It's very easy listening & good to have on in the car whilst driving - very laid back
on 30 June 2013
What more can you say about the great Ray Charles? There is something for everybody here, even if you are too young to remember him.
on 27 September 2013
Good quality sound and came very quickly on delivery. I bought this as a gift for my boyfriend, and he really likes it.
on 6 February 2015
Great item, and good value, quick delivery. Recommended seller!
on 10 July 2014
Music Ok, but disappointed that one or two favourites missing.
on 16 March 2015
Always first class listen ing
on 29 June 2013
False representation? How can it be called absolutely essential when it doesn't include Georgia, Take these chains from my heart, Cryin Time, I can't stop loving you? Buyer beware, I should have checked. But surely if I buy something that describes itself as purple, then I have an expectation that it should at least have some purpleness about it. It does have What'd I say parts 1 and 2.
Back to the drawing board...I will buy another compilation.
on 1 September 2012
It was a gift for my mother and she was really happy with it, although she said one of his greatest hits was missing (I don't recall which one).