1.0 out of 5 stars Should we expect poor service?, 12 April 2011
This review is from: Genuine TomTom Map on MicroSD for Western and Central Europe IQ Routes v8.40 (Accessory)
I was directed to Vendor by Amazon when I enquired about European maps for TomTom. Unknown to me the item on sale was not compatible with my device. I rechecked the sales web-page and there was no indication (e.g. a compatibility list) to advise of this potential issue. Checked non-Amazon-sponsored vendor web-pages and found the product on sale with an appropriate caveat. With this information I spoke to the vendor and Amazon requesting a return and purchase of an appropriate product for my device as I felt I had not been properly informed. Got poor customer service from the vendor and confusing information from Amazon regarding how to deal with a vendor who passed the blame for the sales description onto Amazon. To date Amazon will not discuss this position. The original vendor decided to close any communication as they refused to accept the return of the item. Their view was caveat emptor - I should have checked with TomTom that their sales offering was appropriate before buying from pentagonGPS. Had I done something like this instead of relying on Amazon I would probably have bought elsewhere.
Very poor experience, still awaiting a decision from Amazon and now questioning why I should buy from non-OEM sites e.g. go direct to TomTom rather than PentagonGPS.
Very, very disappointed - normally receive goods service from Amazon. I will not do any further business with PentagonGPS because of my poor experience of their customer service!

2.0 out of 5 stars TomTom Europe Map on Micro SD Card, 6 May 2010
I was disappointed that this new map could not have the 'latest map' promise applied to it even though this was the latest version available. In my opinion TomTom should allow this as they do for hardware SatNavs.

In other respects it is as expected.