5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY playable!
I bought this on release having never played diablo however unlike most people I didnt really have an issue with the gameplay/story as I didnt have the previous games to compare it to.

My biggest problem with the game and why I lost interest after a while was that everything was centred around the auction house, and for a casual gamer like me it was awful. In...
Published 4 months ago by r88my

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay game, but it has glaring flaws in its core elements
Like many people, I was excited about the upcoming Diablo 3. I wouldn't call myself one of the core fans, but I liked the first two Diablo games, and this game had been a long time in the coming, and from what I saw in the video previews was interesting.

Even my tempered expectations for this game however have not really been met. Don't get me wrong, I think...
Published on 22 May 2012 by Quiet Scribe

‹ Previous | 1 2 362 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Bad BAD, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Wasn't pleased with the price first off, 40 for a pc game, come on.. And after finishing the story line i am just disappointed, honestly the best thing about this game are the cinematics. Looking for a game closer to diablo 1 & 2 then buy Torchlight 2.

2.0 out of 5 stars A major disappointment, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
After over a decade of waiting we got this. Come on Blizzard get a grip and put a bit more effort into other games the Wow.... Addictive can be this game not for me...

1.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing, 7 Oct 2012
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
The first hundred of play of Diablo III is exciting, after that it is going downhill. The game lacks of endgame. Imagine in real life your job is picking thousands of thousands coins on the street, and you only get 1 or 2 coin(s) worth keeping or after 1 weeks of repeating the same thing again and again, what would you feel? That is exactly what Diablo III is. This game is obviously not worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Impossible End, 8 Jun 2012
F. C. Fletcher "oneshewolf" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Having pulled my hair out with frustration the first couple of weeks the game was released and it was impossible to get online to play it, I finally managed to experience the long awaited and highly anticipated D3. As a huge fan of the original Diablo and the sequel, I expected at least the same amount of enjoyment from playing this game.

At first, it seemed the game had lived up to all it's expectations, but as I progressed further, all the frustrations came flooding back when I hit the hardest difficulty level inferno.

Now I admit, I'm not going to be asked to join any kind of league for 'top gamers' anytime soon, but I did expect the game to at least be possible to complete. Sadly, I do mean that literally, not figuratively speaking. The hardest level, inferno is a massive shock compared to the other three levels. There are four acts. Act 1 IS possible - only after you spend a fortune on the ah upgrading your gear, but due to the random generated attacks of the mobs you are likely to come across, some simply CANNOT be killed.

There is a small minority of players who have completed the game, but only by dying, running away, dying, running away the entire levels until they get to the bosses, who conversely are easier than the mobs you run across randomly.

In short, the end part of this game is a huge let down and spoils much of the enjoyment for many many people.

1.0 out of 5 stars Online issues aside this is still a terrible game!!, 4 Jun 2012
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Firstly let me say that this is not another rant about the issues of having to be connected to battlenet in order to play. As countless other reviewers have ranted it's a huge inconvenience that in order to play your own game you're completely at the mercy of the battlenet servers which go down from time to time. That aside this is still a terrible terrible game. What makes for a good and addictive game in my opinion is the balance of challenge and reward - sadly this game offers neither:

- Challenge. Blizzard have dictated that for each character you play with you have to endure the game on normal difficulty (20ish hours) in order to unlock harder difficulty (i.e. I've just completed the game for the first time with my lvl 35 Barbarian, now nightmare mode is available for my lvl 35 Barbarian only - if I wish to try another class it's back to normal mode). Normal mode offers no challenge whatsoever - most enemies are one hit kills (coupled with the chain reaction of Cleave and Rupture this means I'm clearing scores of enemies with one hits. Nor is there any real threat of dying - in fact if I'm fighting regular minions I can leave my PC unattended and they're still unable to kill me (my armour plus health regeneration override the damage they inflict). This makes the games completely tedious - I've never had such a boring game experience and found it more chore than enjoyment.

- Reward. I'd advise anyone unfortunate enough to have purchased this game to avoid the Auction House. The Auction House offers vastly superior gear than you can come by in the game at a fraction of the price which makes in-game looting completely pointless and unfulfilling. Given the lack of challenge offered by the game I decided to stop using the Auction House at the end of Act II (mid-point) and rely on in-game loot only - two acts later I was still using the same gear as nothing I'd uncovered during the game came close to the gear I'd bought in the Auction House many levels previously.

To add some context I loved Diablo 1 back in the day.

Overall I find it insulting that having forked out 45 on this game (the most expensive game I've ever bought and possibly the worst) Blizzard now dictate when I can play my game (dependent on battlenet being online with capacity) and how I play my game (having to endure 20+ of normal mode per character before any challenge is offered). There are so many more worthwhile gaming experiences out there that I'd recommend you don't waste your precious time and money on this one!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't feel like finished product, 8 Oct 2012
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
From the beginning Blizzard is struggling to deliver working product. At first it was overloaded servers that caused not to be able to log on to game. Than it was auction house (which started to work month after game release). Next came what to do after You reach max level (currently resolved by adding 100 new levels). And most disappointing is game balance. After developing it for more than 10 years You would expect to be balanced but it is far from it. Each new patch changes a lot in most of the classes. But it is till far from balanced which You can see by variety of builds (which is very poor).

Currently Barbarian is constantly improved and other classes are nerfed. And classes like Monk are only playable on higher difficulties if You invest much money in gear or are extremely lucky.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Disappointment For Users of Older Diablo Releases, 9 Sep 2012
P. Johnson (Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Not much like the old diabolic games at all. It seems the only character now that can even use swords is the barbarian. Every attack is now a skill use. This game is week, week, week. If after 10 years this is the be they could do it doesn't say much for Blizzard. It would have been better if they had just kept the old formula. There is a demo version of this game available which you should try before buying. I doubt many would purchase this after seeing what a catastrophe this project has been.

3.0 out of 5 stars Total dissappointment., 12 July 2012
Mr. S. C. Moor "D C Room" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I'm giving this game a generous 3 stars, because, despite it's glaring faults (which I will discuss in a minute,) I did actually enjoy playing this game for several weeks.

However, (and these are objective opinions,) the problems that annoy me the most, are:

If you are a keen gamer, and want to follow this game through all the way to the end, and by end, I mean, finish the game on Inferno mode, "you're gonna have a baaad time." You can quite happily play this game until your mouse finger gets numb, sometimes it can be very satisfying, others it can drag (from repetition.) However, when you sink all of your time, experience, and knowledge into reaching Inferno difficulty, you get into the first act, thinking, fine, yeah, this is tough, but manageable..... Then you reach act 2, and the realisation hits you in the face like a ton of bricks. The realisation that you just wasted 2 or 3 weeks of your life investing your time into a game that you can't complete, unless you either - A.) Spend countless hours farming gold + magic items at a lower difficulty. Or B.) Pay real, actual, hard earned money for items, to achieve a hollow, and entirely unsatisfactory victory.

Don't get me wrong, if you bought this game, just to play it through on normal mode, once, you might even enjoy it.

Sorry Blizzard, I'm not prepared to sink many hours into mindless farming, if I wanted to do that, I'd play an MMO. And if you think I'm going to spend even more money on your game, you can go ***k yourselves.

Add to this the fact that, you have to be constantly connected to the internets to be able to play, and you are very likely to experience lag spikes at the worst possible times (resulting in your death,) Hardcore mode is completely irrelevant.

You have made me think twice about buying any of your games in the future. This degree of monetisation is turning away a LOT of your long standing fans.

Not that you give a crap, seeing as how well this game has sold.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money and reload Diablo II, 7 Dec 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Firstly, it's Diablo!!! that's worth 5 stars already.

Sadly it's ....

- Buggy (wrong restart points, broken achievements and other obviuos issues that really should have been sorted before release), and really doesn't feel like a finished product (-1)
- It's battle.net dependent with all the extra bugs, authentications, connection issues etc that goes along with that (-1),
- The storyline and levels are close to a direct clone of Diablo II (but set 20 years later for some minor differences) (-1)
- The alterations/restrictions to game-play and the "Auction House", change the goals from a enjoyable character upgrade dungeon game to a repetitive farming drudgery or real money transaction chore (-1)

Total 1/5

Save you're money and reload your old copy of Diablo II, the graphics might be slight older and the resolution not so large, but you'll enjoy the game more.

5.0 out of 5 stars For those just about to start playing. Try to ignore the low ratings!, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I was put off by this game because of the high price, low ratings, tons of bugs, Auction House (This most of all) and the claims that Torchlight 2 can easily compete. I completed Torchlight 2, great game but Diablo 3 gives you more reward.

I left World of Warcraft for a reason and do not want to return to that hell.

So I waited...... Now I decided to buy it as it appears all of the above are fixed :) I am level 20. Joined a really fun and relaxed clan with nobody flaming or arguing and it has none of the bad World of Warcraft problems with the community but all of the brilliant gameplay, battles and loot.

The auction house has been removed to allow people to return to the game being about the game and in general after only 5 hours I am totally loving it. I enjoy playing alone but it is nice to have a community ready and available to interact with and ask for help if needed. I have already moved the difficulty up to hard and having a great time.

If you were put off before and are now considering it please do. For 18.99 it arrives in a nice presentation case with DVD if you do not want to download and Battle.Net is easy enough to register with. It is far cheaper buying this than from Blizzard directly.

Very Pleased.

‹ Previous | 1 2 362 | Next ›

Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) by Blizzard (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
20.00