on 27 February 2013
as previous reviews mention this is a bigger cable than you might think but it is extremely flexible so will go round tight corners, the sound quality is excellent, it is a big improvement on my original wire, delivery time what can i say i received it before the due date cannot fault the service in any way even down to them using Velcro cable ties to keep the cable together they've been put to further good use now
on 7 November 2012
Great cable. I use between Amp and TV speakers (don't ask! Basically I got fed up with the surround cables going all over the place so I wired my TV speakers in directly instead. I know some with think that mad, but it is neater. Anyway, great sound just should have got 3m instead of 2!
on 2 June 2014
Well, all I can say is that this is one good speaker cable.
I am using it for a subwoofer in my car (350 RMS) so I can't talk about how well it performs with the higher frequencies. But as a subwoofer cable, it is fantastic. You realise how good a cable this really is when you open the packet and look at the shear thickness of it. Very well built.
Sound wise, the low notes are fantastic, tight and punchy.
If you have a car subwoofer and you are looking for a cable to wire the sub up to an amplifier, this is the cable to get.
Highly recommended
on 18 December 2014
This is very good quality speaker cable and I really recommend it. I use it for my high end hifi and it delivers a fine weighty sound-I cant say you would benefit from it if you used it on a cheaper stereo system. This cable is heavy enough to lay flat and it wont kink up or coil. This cable is a winner and very good value too.
on 12 December 2012
ok i never write reviews but this was such a bargin and arrived in such good time i thought i would voice my opinion.

Simply put i bought this on standard delivery in the evening and it came to my house 2 days later.

Not sure if you can find 15m of studio blue for £69.75... at £4.65 a metre i very much doubt you can find this product at any lower price.

As regards to the product... its really good... Abbey Road Studios has been using Van Damme for 20 years... pluss its the cable of choice from Mark Grant ([...]) which is something to take into consideration.

Basically this is big think, good quality cable at a low price.... only slight downfall is the colour. But in the long run this is a fine deal!
on 21 June 2013
This cable was bought after an recent upgrade of my current system, I previously had some very cheap generic cable hooked up to a pair of Wharfedale 9.1 speakers. I have now upgraded this to a pair of Dali zensor 1 and this cable. I tried this cable on my Wharfedales before buying the Dalis and I was impressed with how much the sound improved over the generic cable. The bass response was immediately better and the top end was slightly improved as well. However after hearing a pair of Dalis at my local electronics store I simply had to have the Dalis. After I got the Dalis home I set them straight away with this cable and they sounded a little harsh on the top end and the bass was not there, however these were brand new out of the box and not even run in. I have now nearly fully run my speakers and cable in and I am simply amazed on how much of an improvement that has been achieved, they sound even better now than they did in the test room.
The bass response is now more controlled and a lot deeper than originally, the vocals and high ends now sparkle rather than sounding harsh. However I thought this change was just from the speakers running in, so I did a test and swapped back to the cheaper generic cable and the difference in sound was very noticeable, the cheap cable sounded rough in comparison.

The cable itself is really well made, really heavy and feels like it will last along time. A recently have paired this cable to a set of Sewell Pro Maestro Banana Plugs and this addition will help reduce oxidation of the cable which in turn will increase the cables life. The cable has a talc solution under the blue outer covering, I believe this is some sort of lubrication to prevent the wire from splitting or fraying when installing it.

Overall the cable itself if a big investment but if you want to get the best from your speakers than a cable upgrade is one of the ways that you are going to achieve that. I have not tried any other expensive cable so I cant compare it to any but I a really happy with this product and I am going to keep it as long as it lasts.
on 11 May 2011
Previously used cheap cables supplied with product but this cable made a HUGE difference, in both clarity and dynamics, great product. the cable is easy to route and 1.5mm is great for conecting to my Tannoy SFX5.1 speakers. buy this cable don't fooled into buying more expensive cables!!
on 16 March 2011
Excellent quality product. My speakers (EPOS AVS) are rated at 4 ohms so I needed the larger core cross section that this wire provides for the length of run necessary. Excellent signal transmission producing top quality output from the speakers. Much cheaper than the basic speaker wire offered in the shop and far better quality. The colour and the thickness of the wire may put some people off but as I have run it under the floor this is not an issue for me. Highly recommended.
on 10 March 2011
This speaker cable is as good as many other speaker cables costing much more. Clear balanced sound with loads of detail. A bargain at this price.
on 12 July 2011
The speaker cables I chose, Van Damme Blue Series Studio Grade, are excellent quality. The price makes them even more attractive! The casing is very protective but remains flexible for guiding around any objects blocking the way between amplifier and speaker.