5.0 out of 5 stars Hear more!!..., 15 July 2011
Iain West - See all my reviews
This review is from: Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 2.5 mm (14AWG) - 6M Speaker Cable (Electronics)
I first replaced all my front speaker wires and noticed the difference immediately, and 2 days later I ordered more wire to complete my 4 surround speakers. I'm so glad I did, it's well worth the upgrade the sound quality is so much better as no audio data is lost when it travels to the speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought out the best in my speakers, 21 Jun 2013
Weston D (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This cable was bought after an recent upgrade of my current system, I previously had some very cheap generic cable hooked up to a pair of Wharfedale 9.1 speakers. I have now upgraded this to a pair of Dali zensor 1 and this cable. I tried this cable on my Wharfedales before buying the Dalis and I was impressed with how much the sound improved over the generic cable. The bass response was immediately better and the top end was slightly improved as well. However after hearing a pair of Dalis at my local electronics store I simply had to have the Dalis. After I got the Dalis home I set them straight away with this cable and they sounded a little harsh on the top end and the bass was not there, however these were brand new out of the box and not even run in. I have now nearly fully run my speakers and cable in and I am simply amazed on how much of an improvement that has been achieved, they sound even better now than they did in the test room.
The bass response is now more controlled and a lot deeper than originally, the vocals and high ends now sparkle rather than sounding harsh. However I thought this change was just from the speakers running in, so I did a test and swapped back to the cheaper generic cable and the difference in sound was very noticeable, the cheap cable sounded rough in comparison.

The cable itself is really well made, really heavy and feels like it will last along time. A recently have paired this cable to a set of Sewell Pro Maestro Banana Plugs and this addition will help reduce oxidation of the cable which in turn will increase the cables life. The cable has a talc solution under the blue outer covering, I believe this is some sort of lubrication to prevent the wire from splitting or fraying when installing it.

Overall the cable itself if a big investment but if you want to get the best from your speakers than a cable upgrade is one of the ways that you are going to achieve that. I have not tried any other expensive cable so I cant compare it to any but I a really happy with this product and I am going to keep it as long as it lasts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good upgrade, 30 Jan 2014
My speakers were still half way through running in when I swapped over to this van damme blue cable so any audible difference wouldn't really be fair to comment.

The cable itself is feels quality, very flexible given the thickness of the insulation, take care when cutting to expose the inner sleeves as they are very thin and soft also. Copper looks a richer colour and shinier than the cheaper brand I was using if that is in any way relevant to its overall properties as a conductor. Very happy with the setup now everything has had the time to run in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 27 April 2014
Great product it make a straight improvement to sound quality.

I will recommend it to all my friends.

The price is good too.