5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality at a competitive price
Published on 24 Feb. 2010 by Mr. John R. Dwyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent cable but a bit bright for my taste, there are better out there
NOTE: Make sure you get your measurements right as you will not be able to return the cable for any reason.

I bought 10 meters of this to bi-wire my B&W speakers 4 * 2.5 m runs. I found it to be too bright so I had to change to non-bi-wire mode and doubled up the cable to each speaker which was much better. I noticed an improvement due to the extra cable, a...
Published 14 months ago by Light-Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality at a competitive price, 24 Feb. 2010
Mr. John R. Dwyer "Johnny O'Dwyer" (Wexford, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 2.5 mm (14AWG) - 10M Speaker Cable (Electronics)
The first impression from looking at this speaker cable is that it is very robust. Closer inspection reveals that the inner cores are of a substantial gauge for carrying the signal without any appreciable loss. The outer sheath is in a very attractive shade of blue which, although it may not go with every decor, certainly should not clash with most. Testing with my hi-fi set up which comprises high quality components bore out my impression that this is a very high quality cable, well up to the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Van Damme 14AWG cable, 28 Jun. 2012
A very good quality cable. I have used Van Damme before but not in this two core style format, just the standard flat speaker cable format. I was pleased with the quality of build and the honestly balanced sound reproduction [no bass or treble bias (with bare connection direct to the speaker terminal)]. I am using this on an amp with 120w per channel output and 100w Tannoy Loudspeakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Mar. 2011
Mr. C. R. Taber (Suffolk) - See all my reviews
This speaker cable is as good as many other speaker cables costing much more. Clear balanced sound with loads of detail. A bargain at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality product., 16 Mar. 2011
Phillip Slatter (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
Excellent quality product. My speakers (EPOS AVS) are rated at 4 ohms so I needed the larger core cross section that this wire provides for the length of run necessary. Excellent signal transmission producing top quality output from the speakers. Much cheaper than the basic speaker wire offered in the shop and far better quality. The colour and the thickness of the wire may put some people off but as I have run it under the floor this is not an issue for me. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality speaker cable, 1 Mar. 2013
Can not fault this product. However I did not notice a significant sound improvement over the mixed bunch of cables I was using before for my surround sound system. It appears this product is for studio or mobile use rather than a static systems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Cable!, 31 Aug. 2011
Wow, it arrived Royal Mail Special Delivery! The quality of the insulation and the cable itself is fantastic! The sound so pure its great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cable, 20 May 2013
Ra Airey - See all my reviews
This was delivered quickly and more importantly it's great cable for the cost. I'm not into spending a fortune on cable but like a good solid copper core for current transfer and this does the job well. It's very flexible considering the amount of copper in the cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought out the best in my speakers, 21 Jun. 2013
Weston D (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This cable was bought after an recent upgrade of my current system, I previously had some very cheap generic cable hooked up to a pair of Wharfedale 9.1 speakers. I have now upgraded this to a pair of Dali zensor 1 and this cable. I tried this cable on my Wharfedales before buying the Dalis and I was impressed with how much the sound improved over the generic cable. The bass response was immediately better and the top end was slightly improved as well. However after hearing a pair of Dalis at my local electronics store I simply had to have the Dalis. After I got the Dalis home I set them straight away with this cable and they sounded a little harsh on the top end and the bass was not there, however these were brand new out of the box and not even run in. I have now nearly fully run my speakers and cable in and I am simply amazed on how much of an improvement that has been achieved, they sound even better now than they did in the test room.
The bass response is now more controlled and a lot deeper than originally, the vocals and high ends now sparkle rather than sounding harsh. However I thought this change was just from the speakers running in, so I did a test and swapped back to the cheaper generic cable and the difference in sound was very noticeable, the cheap cable sounded rough in comparison.

The cable itself is really well made, really heavy and feels like it will last along time. A recently have paired this cable to a set of Sewell Pro Maestro Banana Plugs and this addition will help reduce oxidation of the cable which in turn will increase the cables life. The cable has a talc solution under the blue outer covering, I believe this is some sort of lubrication to prevent the wire from splitting or fraying when installing it.

Overall the cable itself if a big investment but if you want to get the best from your speakers than a cable upgrade is one of the ways that you are going to achieve that. I have not tried any other expensive cable so I cant compare it to any but I a really happy with this product and I am going to keep it as long as it lasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb cable., 14 May 2013
Very quick delivery. A very substantial cable with a lovely rubber (heavy)
casing. Wow the sound is great.
It has really brought my speakers to life.
I never knew how much bass they had, I do now.
Not sure my neighbour agrees though?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 April 2013
This is excellent relatively heavyweight cable. I felt I needed this for some relatively long runs (12-15m) to rear speakers in a home cinema system. I don't really know if it was overkill but all I can say is that I am pleased with the results. (I used the same cable for the shorter runs as well.) The cable looks like a quality product and has the advantage of very good flexibility. I bought several lengths, all from the same supplier (HDCentral), and received very prompt delivery.