I must say that I bought this dvd with some trepidation. I bought his album "Hot August Night" when first it released all these years ago and
I watched and listened. The man was magnificent. The musicians and backing group were outstanding. The New York crowd were tremendous. Neil Diamond is a phenomenom. How can he still sound this good.
Published on 17 Oct 2009 by E. C. Lees

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor
Well un be known to me it will not play in the uk I'm told you would have to know what NTSC means to realise that. Oh well waist off£25 and a very disappointed mum.
Published 19 months ago by Paula Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars A platinum performance from a singer who should be over the hill, 17 Oct 2009
E. C. Lees - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 12 Mar 2010
This review is from: Neil Diamond: Hot August Night NYC [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
This has got to be one of the best blu-ray concerts available.
Picture stunning, sound brilliant, just like being there.
Went to see this concert at NIA in Birmingham in 2008 and as this dvd shows Neil is still the best and at the top of his profession, hope he gets back on tour soon in the meantime I will just remember how good you feel when you go to see him live.

5.0 out of 5 stars neil diamond hot august night nyc, 31 Aug 2009
Mrs. Josephine Fane "figgytiggy1" (Ipswich, GB) - See all my reviews
absolutely fabulous DVD, as usual Mr Diamond is wonderful, I had goosebumps just watching the show, it was almost as good as seeing him last year at the O2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 3 Sep 2009
Mrs. Sm Norker (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
I have many DVD's of Neil Diamond shows, but this one is just fantastic. He is an amazing performer & the musical arrangements are terrific. A definate must-have for all of Mr. Diamond's fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neil Diamond: Still the best entertainer, ever!, 1 May 2010
Neil Diamond must be the best 'live' entertainer and singer around today. You do not even need to be a fan of Neil to enjoy this Blu-ray disc. The journey through his neighbourhood was a lovely extra. Neil Diamond: Hot August Night/NYC will make a superb addition to your Blu-Ray collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an entertainer - brilliant, 13 Aug 2010
I went to a friend's house last week and we watched a recorded version of this show. I have always liked Neil Diamond but never bought a video or dvd of his. I ordered this one (I was a bit anxious in case it didn't work on my dvd player but after reading up about regions etc I took a chance and ordered it). It works great and is a much longer version than the one shown on the TV a couple of years ago. It was great to watch him - can you believe he is coming up to 69 now!! I really enjoyed this DVD and would recommend it to any Neil Diamond fans. I suggest when playing it TURN UP THE VOLUME - it's like being there (although hopefully the neighbours like Neil Diamond as well ha ha). How many singers can you see today who are in their 60s/70s who can still sing their old songs and sound just as good (and sometimes better) - not many - but Neil Diamond is one of them. Terrific!!

5.0 out of 5 stars diamond at his best, 1 Sep 2009
Mr. Peter R. Arundel (uk) - See all my reviews
this dvd of neil diamond is the best iv ever seen,neil diamond fans should buy this one ,worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Star, 28 Dec 2010
Long time ago in 1977 I bought the LP "Neil Diamond Love at the Greek", this was already a brilliant idea and a 100 % valuable increase of my music collection. But what I have now, this Blu-ray, I can't explain it, excellent sound, excellent voice - without any weakness for two hours - very very good quality of the video and last but not least an audience, which made this event a real happening.
It's a MUST HAVE for every fan of Neil.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT CONCERT - A MUST FOR ALL YOU ND FANS, 9 Oct 2009
Shaz (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
It's great to put this DVD on, turn up the volumn and loose yourself in the wonderful music and dialogue that comes with this concert. If you missed the concert or wish to relive it, sit back and enjoy. The extra footage that comes with this DVD is great too; Neil visiting his past, his old apartment and the area where he lived as a child; great footage, great DVD and don't forget the CD if you want to listen to the concert on the go, or just relax and turn it on Hot August Night NYC. Not forgetting this is a longer version than the concert shown on TV, so if you enjoyed watching that, this is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Diamond NYC, 3 Oct 2009
J. E. Kitchener "yeehagrandma" (Andover, Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
What a great DVD this is worth every penny and far cheaper than going to see him in concert. Cracklin'Rosie, America, Sweet Caroline, Love on the rocks, You don't bhring me flowers with Linda Press (she every bit as good as Barbra Streisland singing this!) Forever in blue jeans,Home before dark - the list is endless,just great

Neil Diamond: Hot August Night NYC [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]