Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change

on 29 February 2016
Exactly what I needed, which was some planets that would be small and light enough to replace the bells on a jester's hat. I've added the photo so you can see how small these planets are. I think they would be rather small to use as room decorations.
review image
on 16 January 2014
My six year old loves these, they glow really bright when you first turn off the lights...super effect.
Would definitely recommend, have taught her all the names of the planets!
The only disadvantage is there isn't a key advising which planets are which (would have been handy from my point of view!)
on 7 February 2013
I bought these for my three year old who is just getting interested in stars, planets etc. As I recently re-decorated his bedroom I'm always on the look out for fun things to add too it and initially I was going to make a solar system mobile using polystyrene balls and paint, these worked out cheaper. A lot of the reviews say they are difficult to stick to the ceiling so I painted a sewing hoop and used some white jewellery wire (the cord supplied stays all coiled up) to string them round the hoop which I then suspended from the ceiling. It looks great and didn't take long to put up-much easier than uncoiling the cord that came in the pack and hoping the sticky stuff supplied does the job!
on 25 May 2013
I brought this for my 7yr old sons new space/planet themed bedroom. What a let down......don't glow in the dark and have not stayed up using provided string and putty. One very disappointed 7 yr old.....and Mummy!!
on 4 November 2014
These look great hanging on my little boys ceiling, but do need pins to keep them stuck...the bigger planets are a little heavy for the whitetak they supply and keep falling off and clunking to the floor in the middle of the night!
on 13 March 2016
While during the day these look fun and colourful at night time they are little more than rubbish. They do not glow very well at all. Trying to work out which planet is which was also 'fun' the patterns, colours and size scales are all way off! We couldn't even immediately identify Earth!! Oh and while writing this Saturn (easily identifiable by its ring) has already fallen down less than ten minutes after going up....clearly the putty is rubbish too!!
on 11 March 2013
11 year old daughter loves these. Doing project at school on the planets, so these really came in handy. Goodglow light at night. Speedy delivery and good value for money
on 11 December 2010
I bought this as a gift for my six year old nephew who wanted stars or something to shine on his bedroom ceiling. He loves seeing the planets glow in the dark and wanted to know all the names of the planets when we were putting it up, making sure I was doing it properly! He switches his light off on purpose sometimes just to see them and says it's like having the night sky in his bedroom! which is fantastic! What a great price for a gift that can do all that!
on 7 June 2016
This was a present I purchased for my nephews (ages five and six). I wanted to go for something unique and a little less mainstream, you could say. As most things on offer as presents for young boys seem to be car/army related.
The planets (feels odd describing them like that) were well packaged and promptly delivered, however, I won't deny wrapping a cylinder shaped present was a nightmare.
It's safe to say my nephews were mesmerised as soon as they unwrapped the present. The balls were very colourful and have a good bounce to them, but the real bonus and the thing they truly loved it about them were the fact that they were glow in the dark, lighting up quickly and nicely.
The thing I liked most about this toy is that it's factually informative (and not to mention the extra added bonus of keeping children entertained for an extra half an hour with the fact that it's glow in the dark.)
My nephews truly can not get enough of this toy and currently have them hung up on their bedroom ceiling, where they happily marvel at them all night long, making them nice bedroom decor too.
Definitely worth the purchase/price!
on 2 May 2016
Smaller than expected, but still work for intended purpose. Like others I had difficulty in identifying which planet was which, but managed to suss it out in the end with help from my daughter's science book!
I had trouble getting them to stay up - only four stayed up during the first night, while the rest gradually fell on my sleeping daughter below! Have tried sticky tape over the white tac in the hopes that'll keep them up. Only seem to glow when it's very dark - I was disappointed by this, but my daughter doesn't seem to mind too much.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse