5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality at exceptional price
Published on 19 April 2010 by Keith Cotter

3.0 out of 5 stars Good shelter rubbish instructions
This is a great, spacious shelter for the beach but the instructions were rubbish and its almost impossible to get it back into the bag after use!
Published 6 months ago by Kate

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality at exceptional price, 19 April 2010
Keith Cotter (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard (Sports)
Call me a bargain hunter but I will scour every inch of the web and check every price and review before buying and this tent gets 6 out 5. The quality of the tent was the first thing that struck me when I opened the package, it bristled with strong fabric and the ground sheet was strong durable damp proof material. This tent is really a proper tent material. Next the ease of putting the three bars together and the attached instructions permanently part of the inside of the bag so you can never lose them, had me put the tent up first time in 4 mins, and after that I flew up in a minute or two once I knew how it went up. The inside comfortably will fit two adults and two kids for a spot of picnic and plenty room also for us to put the kids buggy in when she needed to sleep. The zip up front just gives us all that extra privacy that you might just need when you are leaving it alone or changing. Taking it down was instantly fast, and it packs away into a neat two foot long tubular bag that slings over your shoulder and more importantly why I bought it, fit in a suitcase when travelling by plane to a holiday destination. Trust me, this is a superb value for money and effective UV tent.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best beach shelter., 30 Mar 2010
This review is from: Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard (Sports)
The Coleman Sundome is the best beach shelter there is. I have no hesitation in recommending it. We bought it last year when it was in a blue colour, this year it is green.

We looked at various makes, all the different designs, and selected this to be the best. Why? It has a fully zippable front (the groundsheet bit) which enables you to have a changing room / toilet for the kids on the beach, or even for protection in a rain shower.

It's perfectly big enough for a few people to sit under. The materials are light and strong. The top canopy has a little overhang to give you maximum shade. The slots that the fiberglass poles slot into are well reinforced. (We tried the Millets deluxe shelter first and the poles ripped though the fabric, took it back and went for this one). The Coleman brand is trustworthy.

Last year's Blue version featured a little zipped opening in the back which allowed (a) a breeze though and (b) a view out the back to see what the kids were up to, so if you can find a blue one opt for it otherwise this new green one will do you nicely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Niffty little shelter., 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard (Sports)
My son arrived with one it these, and we used it on the beach.
Great as a windbreak, and a sunscreen.
You can zip up the ground sheet to form a door to the shelter, so handy if you want to dump your stuff in it whilst bathing.
Good Value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard (Sports)
I ordered this after mixed reviews to use on the beach with my kids. If you look at the tents marketed for babies etc they are more expensive than this one and so I braved it and ordered this. Well, when I was on the beach I took real note of those other ones compared to this. Firstly this ine has a zip up door which acts as a ground sheet, so all the people around you are frantically shaking out towels to lie in front of their shelters and yours has a nice area at the front already. Secondly, the kids ones can really only accomodate the kids, families around us had their kids in the shelter whilst they sat outside of it. Our family of four sat comfortably inside. The zip up door was fantastic, many times we tool our beach stuff out just in case and had some adhoc trips to the beach. The zip up door meant i could change inside the tent in complete privacy(its a squeeze mind you!) there were times when we had our buggy, beach towels, kids buckets etc all with us but wanted to nip to the beach front cafe. We wheeled the buggy inside the tent, zipped it up and watched our stuff from the cafe. Filling the sandbags stopped it from blowing away. Far better than a toddler sized shelter!

5.0 out of 5 stars UV Tent Excellent, 28 Aug 2012
This review is from: Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard (Sports)
Really good value for money, easy to put up and use. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone. It has been really good with my 11 month on the beach not only protection from the sun but also the ground sheet is big enough for her to play on without being tempted to go near the stones and eat them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent beach shelter., 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard (Sports)
I bought this beach shelter just before going to the Gower with my family, including my daughter's 8 month baby. Rather than protect us from sun it had to keep the baby out of a howling gale on Pobbles Beach. It withstood the wind very well and the guy ropes combined with the tent peg tags on the tent itself worked brilliantly. I put it up in the garden first to sort out what went where and it was taken over by my grandsons for the afternoon - I'm sure it will be used for play on the lawn as much as the beach. Quick and easy to put up, and we did manage to get it back in it's bag, but it took 2 people - one to hold and one to push! Very pleased!

4.0 out of 5 stars First time assembly, 23 May 2010
Mr. A. J. Hill "A J HIll" (Bristol) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard (Sports)
For any one putting up this for the first time the two short rods that run over the back of the dome locate at the top of the dome in to two black tabs. Do you think I could sus this first time, ha no. But if you pinch the tab together with thumb and fore finger a little envelope opens and thats where your plastic end of the the short rod goes in. Simple .

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolest on the beach, 11 Sep 2012
This review is from: Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard (Sports)
Great sun shade for all the family, very strong, big and easy to put up......
With the great British weather unpredictable, this tent cme in for handy, a slight dwn pour and we all got in tent and zipped up.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Beach Tent, 21 Mar 2014
J. Jewell "smartbunny" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard (Sports)
We have recently returned from a week in sunny (but windy) Fuerteventura where we used this tent every day on the beach.

We purchased this tent after reading the positive reviews as we had previously managed to destroy two other makes of beach shelter after only a week or twos use and we hoped this make might last longer.

So far, so good. This shelter was excellent - lightweight-ish and compact (so easy to pack), easy to put up and put away (once you get used to how these tents go up and down), a really good size (easily fits two people and their associated beach paraphernalia), a really good sized groundsheet which can be zipped up to secure the tent and, it seems much better quality than tents we've had in the past.

There are a couple of minor niggles which I will mention which could improve the shelter but are not a deal breaker - The sand pockets are not big enough however, if you put bags in the shelter this holds it adequately enough. There is no ventilation window which would have been nice on a couple of the hotter days to allow a flow of air and I imagine if you were taking this to somewhere where the temperatures were quite high, this would have been a real problem.

Overall though, we were really pleased with the performance of this beach shelter and as regular visitors to Fuerteventura we are expecting this to last us a good few trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars beach must have, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard (Sports)
For a person that hates the sand this has been my greatest purchase. I can take the kiddies to the beach and not worry about getting burnt or sand in my lunch. Provides somewhere for the little ones to have an afternoon nap safely! Best purchase I have made in ages

ARRAY(0xb4f031c8)