on 28 December 2009
And so I have once again found myself buying the guilty pleasure that is Clubland X-treme Hardcore 6, and overall I have to say it's a pretty average outing for Styles, Breeze and Hixxy. What I will say is that amongst the extensive tracklist, there are moments of sheer production genius. Allow me to outline a few of the great tracks on this album:

Darren Styles - Outta My Head: This is a storming opener that pretty much sums up what CEH is all about - good(ish) lyrics, cheesy synths and those ever-pounding beats.
Dougal & Gammer - Models Are Ugly: This actually made me burst out laughing with one of the most hyper build-ups I've heard in a modern hardcore track. It's just plain different, and that's what I love about it, plus the fact that the title line, in all honesty, is pretty true, most models ARE ugly.
John O'Callaghan - Find Yourself (DS Remix): Oh my god! This remix is a piece of genius and my favourite song on the whole album! For a dance track, the lyrics are amazing, ("Looking at life through a loaded gun, take your best shot aim it at the sun, looking at life through a loaded gun, you know you'll find yourself alone"). Also, this track gets rid of the alternating 'beat, synth, beat, synth' staple that has become a hardcore fixture, and chooses to put the synth actually in time with the kickdrum, and the end result is a stomping piece of club finery! Love it!
DJ Gollum - Passenger: Most ravers will probably hate me saying this, but I think this is a really good track! Just listening to this when you've had a drink with your mates, it almost becomes a football chant, and people love it! I played this at a party I went to recently and regardless of the yank's voice, the sing-a-long chorus got everyone up, and got the party stomping, it was fantastic! A great party tune!
Dougal & Gammer - Boing!: What is up with these two? Every other track they churn out has some rediculous noise on it (eg Wii Go Crazy, Hardcore Turn It Up, The Tunnel) and this made me hoot with laughter. I love the humour they inject into their tracks. That's one thing I love about hardcore, it pokes fun at itself and never takes itself too seriously.

That's a very, very small selection of tracks, but to listen to the rest I guess you'll have to buy the album!
Overall, an average album, but with enough great tracks within it to justify shelling out your hard-earned. Roll on CEH 7 in the summer. This is the only dance album to see in 2010 with a bang!
on 14 January 2010
I was very excited to get this cd in the mail. The Clubland Xtreme Hardcore mixes have really never let me down. Not to say that every single cd is GREAT, but there are always those *gems*...those tracks that give you goosebumps! Darren Styles is the one who held this 3 pack together...he by far had the strongest mix. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy all 3 cds, but there's always the Alpha Male in the pack, and this one belonged to Darren. :) THANK YOU!

Can't wait for the next one! I already sucked this one dry! =)
on 26 February 2010
I have bought every CEH in the series and Part 6 I have to admit is prob one of the best!! I think this particular part in the series is definitely way less 'cheesy' - as some would say, referring to the hardcore mixes of pop tunes that have frequented many an edition of CEH - but to me, Chese is always a good thing anyway! haha
Darren Styles' Mix is ok - for me, not the best. Standout tune is def 'Missin You' tho - wot a classic!! Breeze and Hixxy mixes are fab as ever! Fave tune of the lot tho has prob gotta be 'Recon - Without Doubt' - wot a toon! All in all for me there actually isnt a bad tune - i run every morning and all 3 mixes certainly put me in a good mood for the day - must look kinda demented sometimes runnin along the canal at 180bpm punchin the air and singin at the top of my voice!! ahhh well - thats what hardcore does for me!! Bang on!!
on 26 December 2009
The reviewer below has it all wrong in my opinion. This Album is excellent and builds on the success of the previous installments. It has all the best hardcore tracks of 2009, including the beautiful track "Out of my head" by Darren Styles. Yes a lot of it is Happy Hardcore, but what's wrong with music that makes you feel good and want to jump around?
This brilliant collection of tracks is topped off with the Hixxy Bonus CD. Having been a fan of Hixxy for a good few years and having the pleasure of performing alongside him, he never fails to dissapoint with another selection of classics in the making.

I highly reccomend this to any hardcore fan out there.
on 2 January 2010
I love hardcore and the past 5 clubland xtreme hardcore albums have had quite a few new decent tunes on them. To be honest i cant find one good song across the 3 cds of clubland 6.
on 15 August 2013
Love it and it got it rate just because its an amazing album

Recommend to any one who loves hardcore music
on 9 February 2013
super nice tempo music i use it for bodycombat traning - you just go buy it iou wont be disapointed :-)
on 22 August 2014
Great cd album hope to buy more soon great condition
on 10 October 2015