Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 January 2011
If you think you might like this then just buy it.
At time of writing the costs was £9.99 (GBP) - it's worth that even if you only got 2 or 3 of the albums but here you are getting 5 classic albums.
I already had one of these albums on CD and the rest on vinyl except one (Breaking the Chains). It was still a great buy.
The packaging is very basic, mini card sleeves, no inners and it is difficult to read the text - but that's why they can do it at this price.
The albums may not be remastered but they do sound good and close enough to the original vinyl.
on 27 May 2014
I have to admit to only really playing two out of the five CDs in this pack to death as I already had one of them (Beast From The East). Back For The Attack and Under Lock & Key are superb albums and I can't stop listening to them - car, home or work - nobody can get me out of my headphones recently!

The other two albums in the set, in my opinion, are weaker but listenable just the same (Tooth and Nail & Breaking The Chains). I think I'd like Tooth and Nail better if I wasn't so used to the superior versions of many of the tracks on the live album Beast From The East, e.g. Tooth & Nail and Into The Fire..

Don Dokken is in superb voice throughout though and George Lynch's playing on Beast, Back for the Attack and Under Lock & Key is superb - his best days without a doubt. My two favourite Dokken tracks of all time, Standing in the Shadows & Sleepless Night are on Back for the Attack - mainly for George's playing.

Even if I only ever play the two albums out of the set to death, it's still superb value for money and less than I would have paid separately..

I was a bit dubious about the possible quality of these albums as I read in one review that the sound quality wasn't great but mine sound superb. The only cost-saving seems to be the reduced album sleeves/packaging/artwork. But, if you're wanting to listen to them rather than look at them, that hardly matters.

Rokken with Dokken! :-)
on 19 June 2010
The complete George Lynch collection of Dokken material.. I originally had all the albums on vinyl and had either given them away or sold them on.. this was a great way to get to know the Band and George Lynch's excellent riffs again..
However this release is badly needing a digital remaster as I think it was mastered for vinyl and never really sorted out for optimum digital quality.. leaving a quiet mix in some of the songs over others.. but this does not detract from the great Old skool metal that we really dig right??

After Beast from the East I personally don't think they ever as a band got the magic back. and in my eyes Dysfunctional is terrible..
So if you haven't got all the Lynch albums and you just want to complete your collection go for it.. as for a remaster I reckon we will be waiting a long time for that.. :)
on 7 February 2013
I have suddenly become a fan of Guitarist George Lynch and this Box set gives me all the relevant Albums at a reasonable price. Very good listening if your a Heavy Rock fan.
on 5 August 2013
What a bargain!!!5(count 'em) cds for about £12 featuring guitar super hero George lynch ,doing what he does/did best with don dokken and co.A supposed "hair metal" band,these guys' were so much better than a lot of that dross.some great songs ,one of my all time fave albums (under lock and key),all powered by George's turbocharged guitar solos and crunchy riffing,a player that sounds like nobody else,he really has got his own tone and sound,Dokken are a lot poorer band without him.Always inventive and most importantly melodic(Slayer this isn't)...if you like great 1980's/1990's melodic metal buying this box set really is a no brainer!!!
on 27 June 2015
This is a steal at a tenner........Tooth and Nail,Under lock and key,Back for the attack are Dokken at their best and imo never ybettered.Breaking the chains is a good album as well as is the live beast from the east.....buy it now its well worth the money.
on 12 April 2013
George Lynch. Loud Guitars. You can't beat a slice o' good old 80's cheese... especially when you got Mr. Scary as yr right hand man. Brings back some great memories...
on 28 April 2014
5 CD's. Good quality. Good music.
Every best and not best song.
Every CD is in the paper package. It is nice but rather ordinary.
on 25 March 2013
Bought for our son who is a Dokken fan- he loves it- some great music on there- so get this if your a fan
on 9 October 2014
A great album set for the price. Great guitar rifts, excellent drum and bass work. Can't fault it.