Format: DVD|Change

on 24 January 2011
I bought this for my 3 year old and was looking forward to the nostalgia too if I'm honest. It hasn't disappointed at all!! all the clips are great and varied; learning about emotions, counting, alphabet, singing, slapstick, rhyming, community spirit.. its absolutely packed with so many unexpected delights, lots of catchy tunes.. Kermit, Bert and Ernie, Elmo, Big Bird, cookie monster. Admittedly it took a couple of views before my son truly got into it, but now he loves it. In fact it's such a shame there is nothing quite of its standard in today's tv. The only small point is my son has now learned the alphabet the old fashioned way instead of the now taught 'phonetics', but i'm sure it wont be a big problem. Sesame Street is an absolute crafted treasure and one of the few things that we can both sit down and enjoy. Genius. Highly recommended!
on 26 October 2010
I bought this for my 2 year old girl and she loves it! She asks to have it on at least once a day and my 10 month old wee boy often gets glued to it aswell so yes I would recommend it to anyone.
on 28 March 2010
My four-year-old son has a very short attention span when it comes to cartoons and similar things.
This dvd is not only educational and fun, it is also contagious. he can sit and watch for half an hour straight. I often find myself singing "C is for cookie" or "Elmo's song" together with my son.
Felicia form Croatia
on 18 March 2010
This DVD is fantastic and not only is it educational but my son is glued to it. A must for any household.
on 22 August 2010
Brilliant DVD-full of loads of old favourites that really brought me back to my youth!
on 18 October 2010
This dvd is not a selection of full episodes, as i had expected. It is a selection of clips. I was after all those educational bits about the numbers and the letters, but i have instead found loads of pointless very short clips and lots of songs. The shortness of the clips also means that its also very tiring to watch
on 21 December 2014
I was born in '69 and enjoy the reminiscing. My two-year-old now is laughing to cookie monster, Ernie's banana in his ear... And he's counting with the show and trying to get the alphabet. Don't hesitate. Sesame Street was and IS still lovely.
on 13 May 2013
A perfect sampling of the 40 years of Sesame Street greatness. It was an excellent introduction to the series for my 4 yr old. He absolutely loves it and it gives me great pleasure to watch him enjoy something that I enjoyed so much as a child.
on 19 October 2010
Fantastic DVDs, I was born in 1972 and grew up with Sesame Street, now I have 4 children aged 1 to 6 and they are laughing with me now at the same clips I saw at their age, brings back great memories, well recommended for all.

John G.
on 24 December 2011
Oh, how this took me back to the late 70's early 80's of watching this on TV, it's a shame it still is not shown on TV, my 6yr old and 4yr have watched this and enjoyed it. Great for getting the kids counting and learning their ABC.