4.0 out of 5 stars It's no "Tinnitus"
Quite why their label felt it necessary to release another Best Of collection so soon after the last one is a strange decision however Backyard Babies remain one of the most under-rated rock bands of the last two decades and you'll be able to hear that in spades on this LP.

Published on 3 Jan 2011 by Mr. R. Howe

3.0 out of 5 stars Good album that keeps improving
I bought this album having never heard of the Backyard Babies, but having read the reviews thought I would give them a go.

Published 9 months ago by Smartin

4.0 out of 5 stars It's no "Tinnitus", 3 Jan 2011
Mr. R. Howe (South Shields, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Them XX 'Best Of' (Audio CD)

As far as their real 'Best Of' goes, their 2005 album "Tinnitus" which is easily the definite collection of 'Babies hits and the perfect introduction to the world of the best pure rock band to emerge since Guns N' Roses.

"Them XX" features some great rock songs but misses out the bulk of BB fan favourites and I'd recommend going with the other greatest hits or simply buying the band's albums one by one as there are a ton of great songs which were never released as singles.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good album that keeps improving, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Them XX 'Best Of' (Audio CD)

Now this album did not blow me away, however after listening to it 4 or 5 times it did start to grow on me. Songs that stood out for me were 'Highlights' and 'Degenerated'. If this was an old LP I would say side 1 was excellent but side 2 a bit of a let down.

There are some good raw songs and others that are really well arranged.

If you like your music loud and edging towards punk rock you may well like these. Overall I would say 3 1/2 stars would be fair.

Them XX 'Best Of'
Them XX 'Best Of' by Backyard Babies (Audio CD - 2010)