5.0 out of 5 stars Dallas Desk
Initially there seems to be many items to put together, but all the wooden panels are numbered, which is a great help. Just take your time and follow the instructions and the end result looks great. The final assembly requires the help of a second person, but most of the assembly can be done by one.
Published on 15 Sep 2010 by Andrea Evans

2.0 out of 5 stars desk review
First of all the box says 30 minute set up. More like 3 hours set up so plan ahead. The biggest gripe is that the desk is too low for you to put your knees under to be is a good posture to work so yo have to take the middle draw out and the three extra storage drawers are way too small not even A4.
Published on 8 Feb 2011 by Shanklin

5.0 out of 5 stars Dallas Desk, 15 Sep 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars desk review, 8 Feb 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Solidly built, attractive. Good value., 14 July 2011
This review is from: Alphason Dallas Computer Workstation (Office Product)
The product shipped promptly and was here within 2 days. I was much surprised at the weight of the unit @ 48kg (100 lbs), since I didn't expect it would be quite this sturdy. Putting the item together took some time, since there are 4 drawers which require assembly, along with glides and all. All of the parts were number-coded, making the process very coherent. As mentioned, the quality and sturdiness did exceed my expectations as does the appearance. It doesn't look, to me, like a desk in this price range. The rear panels, for example, come with doo-hickeys for reinforcing them. Usually the back panels in any inexpensive furniture fall out with a little use. These won't, I'm sure. The desktop protrudes on both front and rear of the desk, making for a nice large working area and is comfortable to 'get under'. I like that the space under the desk where one's legs are has only a partial panel, allowing for ventilation. I find that I can fit my legs under the desk ok, and I@m about 6ft - but then, I'm not trying to get my legs all the way under (why would I? I don't want to be on top of the computer screen.). If you are taller than that, or some how have tree trunk legs, you might want to consider the inside dimensions. Lowering your chair a little could help also. I haven't found it to be a problem though one reviewer did mention it. The drawer lock is not overly magnificent, and I wouldn't trust it as a true security device, but it's enough to keep anyone out who isn't determined to break the drawer to get in, eg, children.

One misgiving I did have was with the drawer rails. There are two kinds - those that attach to the desk body (those are ok) and those that attach to the drawer itself. I felt that the screws were kind of small and they drill into the woodboard material. I feared it might not give a lasting hold. I added a little wood glue (available at any hardware store) to the screws to make sure they would be secure. (In fact, I did this with all of the screws and most of the wood connections on the whole desk to really ensure sturdiness and longevity).

Finally, because of the number of parts involved, this desk did take some time to build. I'm sure I spent over 2 hours on it, probably closer to 3, and I'm reasonably handy with this sort of thing. I reccomend the use of a mechanical screwdriver or drill with screwdriver bit, if you have or can borrow one. There are a LOT of screws. I did it all manually by hand, and my wrist was sore the next day.

All in all, however, very pleased and would recommend for appearance, build and comfort.

5.0 out of 5 stars computer desk, 17 Jun 2010
A. Hewitt "garforthange" (Garforth, nr Leeds,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alphason Dallas Computer Workstation (Office Product)
Although very complicated to put together, the instructions are actually very clear and once assembled it looks great. It has a nice large top and plenty of storage space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Study and good value, 31 July 2011
This review is from: Alphason Dallas Computer Workstation (Office Product)
This desk is very heavy and requires two persons to assemble. The assembling time stated in the illustration is grossly underestimated. I'm really impressed by final result. The desktop is extremely spacious, and the entire structure is very sturdy.
I am 6ft1, and I can sit in good posture when using this desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 July 2011
This review is from: Alphason Dallas Computer Workstation (Office Product)
I've just built one of these, and agree with most of what's already been said by the reviewers of this desk. It was a pleasure to build, being well packed, well designed, accurately machined and, bearing in mind it is made from veneered chipboard with coated mdf panelling, it is sturdy and looks good when assembled. Yes, it probably will take you 3 hours to put together, but the results are well worth it in the end. (An electric screwdriver is a great help here!)

I'm planning to buy another one by Alphason - the Maryland one - for my wife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: Alphason Dallas Computer Workstation (Office Product)
Excellent product. Lucky IKEA didn't have the item in stock that I initially wanted or I'd have missed out on this. Very sturdy quality.

Another reviewer complained about the space under the middle section but I have no issues. I can sit easily with my legs there.

A couple of minor downsides. As a desk specifically for a computer user it would have been good to have some holes cut in the cupboard for cables and possibly to the back of the desktop. No major problem though, I'll get those cut. And just as other users say, NO CHANCE of building 30mins as the manual states. I built it myself in 3 hours and that didn't include checking the part quantities beforehand. I like to check all the parts are there first. The manual does say 2 people are required to build and that would cut down the assembly time but not a chance of 30 minutes.

Overall very happy with the product and the price paid.

Oh, and delivery was estimated as 3-5 working days but I got it in 2. Very fast delivery.

Stephen. Glasgow, Scotland.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dallas Computer Desk, 16 Aug 2011
This review is from: Alphason Dallas Computer Workstation (Office Product)
The desk flat-pack was delivered next day in one very heavy carton. Though seemingly well packed, all four corners of the desk top were damaged. A replacement was sent overnight. The construction and finish are fine; instructions are good and assembly straightforward, but do allow half a day for this! Tip - I cut cable access holes in the rear panels before assembly.
Some design details should be taken into account. The centre drawer is useful but may catch the legs of some people. I removed the top edge of the drawer (and lock) and raised the runners - easy if done at the outset. I subsequently fitted longer runners (400mm) to get the drawer to open futher. The back panel behind this is a convenient place to mount a power srtip to help keep cables etc out of sight. Note also that the side drawers are not large enough to accept A4 paper, but there's plenty of room for same elsewhere.
Overall I'm pleased with this good value for money desk and the supplier's good service. I recommended to them that the product should be packed in two cartons to reduce the risk of damage in transit.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 7 Jun 2011
strong and well made.
there are a number of pieces ,but then there would have to be.
As long as you give yorself plenty of room and take your time and follow the instructions you will be well pleased with the finished product.
I liked it so much i bought another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sturdy build, standard instructions, 30 May 2014
D. Keeley "Dannyk90" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alphason Dallas Computer Workstation (Office Product)
Although the middle top drawer (with a lock) is a good feature you do have to move back to be able to open it (just fyi).

I have fit 2 monitors and a big heavy pc on this desk.

Alphason Dallas Computer Workstation