5.0 out of 5 stars How B-Day should have been first time round!
Published on 4 April 2007 by D. Ashtiany

2.0 out of 5 stars hmmm......
Published on 10 Sep 2006 by eRick132

5.0 out of 5 stars How B-Day should have been first time round!, 4 April 2007
If you were a little disappointed by B-Day when it was initially relesaed then this deluxe edition should make up for it! The new tracks are great additions including the new single Beautiful Liar with Shakira and the brilliant new World Wide Woman and Flaws & All. Likewise the DVD is genius. Beyonce is the first artist to do a video for practially each track on an album and i can guarantee that she won't be the last. All the videos are a high quality and incorporate beyonce's trademark choreography and high fashion. In particular Flaws and All, Freakum Dress and Get Me Bodied ft. Solange and Kelly & Michelle from Destiny's Child are standout videos.

Just buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 8 Oct 2009
This review is from: B'day Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
For any Beyonce fan out there this is a "Must Have" album, I have been lucky enough to have seen "Beyonce" live in concert and I am a big fan of her music, I think this album has some of her best tracks on. I highly recommend purchasing this Album, you won't regret it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album in History!, 11 July 2009
Mr. S. Iles "sam" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: B'day Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
This is a completely amazing and flawless album.

This is the album that made Beyonce so famous - but this comes with a DVD with all the music videos on and makes for an incredible bargin.

With the catchy up-tempo songs like Green Light to amazing slower songs like Irreplaceable and Flaws and All, this album has everything and I am sure all people will love it.

If you like music, you must buy this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it right in the end..., 18 May 2007
The 5 stars are for the fact that it's a brilliant album. I didn't buy the original B'day CD, but I know what the Deluxe package additions are, and I do think that without the extra songs, I would have been very disappointed.

I do feel the need, however, to moan. What does this say to the hoards of Beyonce's loyal fans who rushed out and bought B'day on the day it came out? They got the rubbish deal. They got a short, obviously incomplete album, just to have a slap in their face by a new improved version released months later. Is that fair? I don't think so.

It's not that I don't understand why they do it, it's obvious. When the fans have all bought the CD, they need to find a way to coax the people into buying it who had perhaps already decided not to bother, and boost the sales a bit more with a deluxe edition that will encourage these people to give the album a go who otherwise wouldn't have.

This time, I wasn't conned because I waited before buying this. But very often I do get ripped off by re-releases. Mariah Carey's 'Emancipation Of Mimi' springs to mind. I bought the CD, and literally a matter of WEEKS later, the new improved version was released with extra tracks and the newest single tacked on to the end as well. I wanted the extra tracks, but I haven't bought the new version on principle.

I shouldn't have to buy the same album twice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtakingly Fresh, 23 Sep 2006
This review is from: B'day (Audio CD)
I bought this the day it came out after loving Deja Vu which is a brilliant song but on her new album it almost blends into the background. This whole album has a very new and fresh sound that if anything is a bit ahead of its time. But this whole album is absolutely brilliant. Generally this is a fast paced hip hop and R&B album with many club suited tracks. However unlike her previous album, Dangerously In Love, there is no filler partly due to its length.

The best tracks on this album are:

1.Resentment

Skipped this track on first playing but that was a complete mistake. This is head and shoulders above all the other songs on the album. Beyonce's voice has really progressed and become even stronger than before and more brassy. This is her show case. One of my favourtie songs of the year.

2.Get Me Bodied

This is another track that at first I didn't pay any attention to but now I absolutely love it. It has got a brilliant beat and I love the chorus and the bridge. Can't help but love this track and would be absolutely amazing in a club.

3.Green Light

This is track Beyonce wrote with the Neptunes and has a similar sort of feel to Crazy In Love with the heavy brass chorus. This is another very catchy song that is irrestible.

4. Listen

This is one of the bonus tracks that is a sweeping ballad that she sings very well. The only problem with it though is that I don't like the way it ends so abruptly.

5.Check On It

The song for the pink panther and still sounds great despite being a year old. I will never get bored of this track.

Other songs that are worth a mention are: Suga Mama (reminds me of 'Work It Out' on her last album but is fresher and better) Freakum Dress (great upbeat track) and Ring The Alarm - this track gets better the more you listen to it. In general I was very happy with this album and its new sound despite my initial disappointment upon first hearing. Certainly worth buying and it is better than Christina Aguilera's new album.

2.0 out of 5 stars hmmm......, 10 Sep 2006
This review is from: B'day (Audio CD)
I am a big fan of beyonce but I expected more from her... This album jus feels hollow to me. It just doesnt satify me like beyoncés other albums. She is talented lady and i have all of the destinys child albums and dangerously in love to prove it but this album seems rushed. A lot songs sound very similar to each other.... very staccato and loud! I think beyonce is going to wake up any day now and think to herself "ooops"!

The only songs i like are Deja vu, ring the alarm, get me bodied, upgrade you, irreplacable, freekum dress and resentment but the only song that has a trace of the beyonce zing is resentment. It has good harmonies but beyoncés voice cracks all over the track.

This album is not good but a few tracks stop it from being completly bum...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album from Beyonce, 3 Sep 2009
This review is from: B'day Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
Love this album and songs on it. It`s far better than Dangerously in love and it`s very listenable.

5.0 out of 5 stars B'Day Deluxe Edition, 23 April 2007
This review is from: B'day (Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
B'Day was not a very good album B4 but now it is great album with 7 new tracks 12 great videos it is like one cd album and a dvd album including the #1 singles beautiful liar and deja vu suga mama is a good video but the best one is beautiful liar 10/10 must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars B'Day, 16 Aug 2008
This review is from: B'day (Audio CD)
"Beautiful Nightmare", a supposed track leaked from this year is already a sign that the Destiny Child's vocalist is creeping back. Beyonce's new album will be an addition to the music market this autumn so I think B'Day deserves a retrospective look.

#1 - 'Deja Vu' - The first single from the album, many people compared this to 'Crazy in Love'. It has a growly, jazzy Louisiana-esque sound to it, mixed with Jay-Z's hip-hop verses. I think this was a good choice for the first single and sounds even better when she sings it live.

#2 - 'Get Me Bodied' - This song is huge favourite with so many people I know! It is an enjoyable song but I must admit, it is one of my least favourite songs on the album. Swizz Beatz produced it and I just feel like his beats sound so derivative of 'Tambourine' or whatever. It is an alright song but not buzz worthy.

#3 - 'Suga Mama' - This song has a guttural quality to it and very pro-feminist but again, I don't think it has a special quality. Produced by Rich Harrison who did 'Creole' and 'Crazy in Love', the former song which I think should have been on B'Day.

#4 - 'Upgrade U' - This is very much a club track which has that feel-good-sheen to it. This is a Swizz offering that I do like however because it is not as OTT as 'Get Me Bodied'.

#5 - 'Ring The Alarm' - Now, we are talking! This is angry and fierce. Beyonce can really strut when she sings - she does great with attitude laden songs and this is now exception.

#6 - 'Kitty Kat' - This is one of the two stand-out songs. It is such a sensual song and Beyonce's voice suits it so well. I am always used to her singing rousing choruses but she can do slow-paced songs too!

#7 - 'Freakum Dress' - This is a Rich Harrison banger! Feminist anthem or what?

#8 - 'Green Light' - This is my second stand-out track of the album. Fabulous thumping beat pared with progressive lyrics about female liberation - this is exactly the type of song that Beyonce perfects. Some people think this sounds like an Amerie-ish song but I don't think so at all. This song is like the equivalent of power dressing - just oozes pure sex appeal from each stanza.

#9 - 'Irreplaceable' - I can see why many people like this song but I don't. I did not like it when I first heard it and looking back, I still don't. It does stand out to me but she does carry it off.

#10 - 'Resentment' - I don't even remember how this song goes but I think they should have put Creole as the final track instead.

Verdict: A slick album from the Queen of R&B. I wonder what Autumn 2008 will hold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delux edition even better than the original, 26 July 2008
C. Cox "Rachel" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: B'day (Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
I loved the original b'day, but this delux edition is even better. Right let's get into the tracks
Beautiful liar feat shakira- We all know this song, a bit boring now though
Irreplaceable-Still love this song even a year later
Green light-I liked this song before it was released,after it was released i got bored of it
Kitty kat-I really like this track,i wish on the dvd there was a full length video
Welcome to hollywood feat jay-z- This was on jay-z's kingdom album feat beyonce written by ne-yo,but now it has been put on her album with her showing off her rapping skills
Upgrade you feat jay-z- This tune is sick,the video is good as well
Flaws and all- A lovely heartfelt song about how Jay-z loves her even with her flaws
If- This track was written and co-produced by the multi-talented ne-yo, anway i love this track, beyonce's vocals are amazing on this
Get me bodied- I do really like this song but sometimes it seems 2 go on forever
Freakum dress-I love this song a great club banger
Suga mama- Another favourite track of mine, nice video as well
Deja vu feat Jay-z-I still love this song, even though when it came out everyone hated it but not me
Ring the alarm- This was meant 2 be the second single, but everyone hated it, but i think this track is fire
Resentment- I love, love this track, again shows off her amazing vocal skills
Listen- A lovely ballad
World wide woman- This track is fire
Check on it-I liked this song when i first heard on destiny's child's greatest hits, but this isn't one of my favourite tracks, i normally skip this track
Amor gitano feat alejandro- Even though this song i don't understand what they are singing, the beat is really good and her vocals are really good even singing in spanish
Beautiful liar remix- I swear there is no difference between this track and the one that was released.
The dvd is really good but i wish thier was a full lenght version 2 kitty kat and i wish thier was a video 2 if and a video 2 resentment.Well i wish thier were video's 2 all her songs
YOU NEED THIS IN YOUR COLLECTION NOW