on 29 November 2011
There is no doubt that these Emergency wheel bolt removers work, however for locking bolts with 'spin shrouds' around them you may find that this tool will only grip small portions of the shroud and tear them off. This results in a situation where the shroud is too damaged to grip. this happened with my first bolt. . . however, using a chisel to split part of the shroud and bolt proved very effective at giving these tools something to grip onto and the other 3 bolts came off within minutes. Locking bolts are designed to be difficult to remove so persisting with these tools will prove fruitful.
Using this set of bolt removers in conjunction will help in difficult situations Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set
on 23 February 2014
I lost my original wheel lock key, and I tried everything to remove the locked wheel nuts. I read about this tool on a forum, and in 15 minutes my order was sent. You have to hamer them all the way down on the locked wheel nut and have the emergency brake on. I Used a breaker bar and with short shocks all 4 wheel nuts were off in 5 minutes. If used properly, the tool is great.
on 4 November 2014
I used these on a set of aftermarket locking bolts on a BMW 320. No-one locally could offer a convincing solution so I thought that there were enough positive reviews here to make this worth a try. I used an air-driven impact wrench to drive the removal tool on to the bolt head and then a long, strong breaker bar to finish the job. The removal 'nut' screwed all the way down on to the bolt head before the bolt itself would loosen. The car is kept outside and the bolts undisturbed for nine months prior to my having to do this job so I sprayed the bolt with Plus-Gas penetrating fluid 48 hours before the actual removal effort. Apart from the sheer effort required to undo the bolts (would have been just as tight with the proper key of course), the only other difficulty, highlighted by others on this page, was removing the tool from the bolt head afterwards. I gripped an old spare wheel nut from another car - same thread luckily - in a hefty workshop vice, screwed the bolt into it and, using the same breaker bar and much effort, managed to undo the tool from the now very damaged bolt head. The tool itself survived the removal of four bolts but I really don't know how many more it would do before giving up the ghost itself. But at the price who really can complain? The use of a pneumatic impact gun is very helpful if you can get access to one, and a good long breaker bar essential.
on 17 February 2015
i had just bought a ford cmax and found that there was no wheel locking nut key with the car after the seller told me it was in the boot,
i did not want to ruin my alloys so i phoned lots of dirrent garages and tyre firms and national tyres was the best price at £10 a wheel so i thought i would buy this set and get them off myself and i would still have the tool to lend anyone if it happened again,
its not an easy job and you have to be prepaired to give it a good belt with a lump hammer and it first breaks the chrome nut cover off on ford locking nuts and then a couple of good bangs with a heavy hammer with grip the nut enough to undo the nut but then you will have to get the nut out of the tool and i found that harder than getting the nuts off the wheel but i used grips and a hammer and chisel, this may seem like a tough job but it took me 10 minutes on each wheel with a little longer getting the nuts out of the tool so i saved a few bob and from what i was told by garages many of them also use the same method and can not gaurantee they will not damage your wheels so i would say to anyone if you can replace spark plugs and an air filter do it yourself and save money and you will take more care of your alloys than some idiot in a garage lol
on 27 January 2016
A local mechanic friend of mine was always itching to try these and thanks to a combination of stupidity and a flat tyre over Christmas finally got the chance. Yep - you guessed, having changed the tyre I lost the key for the locking wheel nuts just before an MOT was due in January

In my mechanic friend's words - "for a few quid why doesn't everybody have these?"
He cut my bill just for fessing up to being a moron and asking him to try them so they obviously work
Definitely saved my bacon but please be warned - they're not completely universal.
Wheel nuts that have a crown or taper then forget it, they do struggle - sorry but that means no Honda's or Vauxhalls
Still worth every penny though and keep mine with the spare wheel for my next "moron moment"
on 18 January 2013
Bought these removers as lost locking nut key for my mk4 Mondeo. Even after removing the outer casing none of the removers fit.... Plus side, very cheap and quick delivery for the more basic locking wheel nut.
on 18 October 2012
Amazing product, this allows me to run a profitable part time business selling used alloys without any of the costs involved in BUYING the alloys, WELL DONE!!!!
on 30 June 2016
I was quoted £35 per nut for a specialist company to remove wheel nuts that the previous owner had lost the key to. Having 5 locking nuts this came to a whopping £175 + no truck for a day !
<£20 + postage later. All 5 off in an hour and not even phased. Lots of life left and even works on freeing nasty bolts so its more than paid for itself !

Only issue is getting the nut out once its off. Mulgrips, a vice and brute force is the only way. I used a spare bolt that screwed on and used the tool itself, but this is understandable for how the tool works !
on 19 December 2014
waste of money the biggest socket would not bite on the nut when pressure was added had to use an old socket would not recommend this Item .
on 3 March 2012
I don't normally write to these reviews, but I have to say that this is an absolutely fantastic piece of kit. I went to a couple of garages/tyre outlets to ask if they could remove the locking wheel nuts that were on an old Fiesta that my daughter had bought, but all I got was a sucking of teeth, scratching of chins and shaking of heads. In desperation I sent for the Laser nut removers and hey presto, in less than ten minutes all four lock nuts were removed! The hardest part was removing the nuts from the socket once they were off.