Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Standard|Format: Box|Change

on 10 February 2011
[quote]too many buildings and cover its not properly structured like most games go as soon as the game starts snipers camp and that`s it, you wont see where they are because there is no kill cam plus if you try to cross the map to hunt them down you wont even go half way before you dead[/quote]

So it pretty much paints the real feel of what it is like on the battlefield then?.
Grow a pair soldier and stop being so negative.
I was open minded of the multi player side with hearing so much of this negativity?although it is not all that bad.I feel the map`s give you a good urban of street to street fighting and the open map`s give you a good feel of having to keep your head down and use cover.
People nowa day`s are COD brain washed,if you can not get a camera to tell you were your enemy was or is?then it`s a poor game?.
What nonsense.
I found this game to be really fun to play on and off line.OK the story is short although what you get is none stop action all the way,the part were you are cut off and the tali ban are swarming you from the hills was pure adrenaline pleasure.

The only negative for me is I find the AI to be a little slow on reaction time to your movements.Even on the hard setting the AI were to easy.
on 5 February 2011
I'm not going to sit and compare this game to others that are similar and I will also keep this review short as most of the other reviews have already provided detailed descriptions of the game.

This game is great and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it and was sad when I completed it! It kept you interested by there being different weapons and ways of taking people out (e.g. setting target for air attacks) so that you weren't just aiming and shooting the same way for the entire game. The graphics were very good as well and I got into the storyline. Was especially pleased that the Amazon price was good. It's ridiculous what some people pay for games these days.

An excellent game in it's own right. Why does everything have to be compared to Call of Duty or Halo these days!? There are still other good games out there!
on 26 December 2010
Call me old fashioned but I play this type of game "old school". By that I mean I don't connect my Xbox to the internet or play online so that some halfwit out there in cyberspace can verbally abuse me every time I fancy shooting some baddies. Maybe this game really takes off if you're online but as a FPS playing in an old school stylee it's disappointing. The graphics, control, weapons and effects are all pretty good and in keeping with it's competition but the game is over before you've had chance to really get involved. I think it took about 4-5 hours from first sitting down with it to seeing the credits roll and for the price I find that pretty disgraceful. Developers of these things shouldn't blindly assume that everybody is going to hook it up to the internet to get the best from it - if you're forking out the rather extortionate money they ask for then you should have a great gaming experience whether it's online or standalone. Three stars for the enjoyment while it lasted!
on 18 January 2011
I am guessing that people who review this game have not been playing online . because online is superb . probably not as good as Call of duty 4 and MW2 but on a par or better than than black ops which was a let down . I am glad i rented blackops and this but i went out and bought this . The single player feels added on just for people who dont have xbox live but it shines online . Be it a sector control , team deathmatches that are really cool , or missions which are basiclly battlefield bad company missions exploding the other teams [which consists of online players not Ai] area and moving to the next untill all 5 sections have been destroyed and you have pushed all the way , then its time to defend and hold them off . GREAT FUN . I dont understand how everyone loves battlefield but slates this when it basicly is battlefield but more shooting and less running around looking for the action . Just buy it if u love battlefield and enjoy call of dutys and other fps . And the sniping is good fun and the feeling of being under supressive fire and keeping behind cover works well . u feel like your there and u can not say that about call of duty . I challenge any true FPS fan who enjoys battlefield and who can do more than just run and gun to take on this game . You will see how good it is .And if you still think its bad then for the price its at now just trade it in to your local game shop . I bet you will make your money back. the xbox live community needs to get behind this game more so it can live for a long time because Its a PROPER ONLINE SHOOTER THATS NOT FOR KIDDIES

I think theres a conspiracy to slam other great shooters so call of duty dominates the market even when it doesnt deserve too . But as for EA . Well the havent helped themselves .1 they are EA :( 2 VIP passes suck 3 good games are suffering from EA being greedy :(

PS ........... when i rented I still got to play most of the game online with out VIP code . After using a VIP code I was actually disapointed at how little extra I got so if YOU SEE IT DIRT CHEAP SECOND HAND THEN ITS STILL WORTH IT :) And whats with Ea making us all pay for VIP codes but then still charging for download content . EA NEED TO SORT THEMSELVES OUT . MAY BE THEY SHOULD NOT MAKE SO MANY BAD GAMES AND EARN CASH THE PROPER WAY THROUGH GOOD SALES OF GOOD GAMES . I MEAN WHO TEST PLAYS THERE GAMES eg Need for speed undercover OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
on 27 April 2011
Contrary to what a few people have been saying, this game's multiplayer is not at a par with Black Ops, nor worse than MW2, but a hell of a lot better.

It's a lot more realistic in many respects, and for once you actually snipe properly due to the absence of Killcams. The realism of this game the first time I played it was just brilliant, and the graphics beat Modern Warfare 2 by a mile.

The storyline is amazing and great fun, and the multiplayer is brilliant and (most importantly) not full of little 9-13 year old childish squeaky little kids who never shut up.

This is why I recommend this game to any FPS fan.
on 6 January 2011
Forgetting about the shortness of this game which has become an inherent part of the 'cinematic gaming experience' that seems to haunt these types of games, such as COD, MOH is actually very, very good. The gameplay, storyline, visuals etc are comparible to COD and in some respects, a little better. Why don't people just embrace it as being a good game instead of knitpicking against Call of Duty?

Would definitely recommend. Plus you should note it is actually longer than COD!
on 7 July 2012
bought this game 3 days ago...
its very cod like quite good fun then kicked in another door.....AND
the game ended complete in 3 hrs game play?
wheres the rest of the game?
i feel duped
love bad company and cod i would not consider myself a war master but i think its a total rip off,,,, this game is good when its lasts but thats not long DOH!... glad i never paid full whack for it like some do i really would not be impressed...
WHAT A RIP OFF
on 26 January 2011
Orginally passed on buying this game, bought black ops instead, was very disappointed with that.
Played medal of honour at a friend, was very impressed with it online, immediately made the purchase and I havnt played black ops since.
This is much more like real urban warfare and I would recommend it to anyone over black ops.
The way that you earn skill and the way that it matches you with players of similar skill is an excellent idea and constantly keeps you on your toes.
on 7 March 2014
Look at it`s price it`s a bargain!The A.I ain`t great and the aiming`s pretty poor,But there are some real good missions on here!And again look at the price you can`t really go wrong?!Not the best game i`ve played but it`s not the worst.
on 21 September 2012
I played this because I've only recently got an Xbox 360 and I'm working my way through what all my friends have going on about for the last half decade or so, so dont consider me an expert on Xbox 360 games as up till recently I was more ps2/PC gamer. FPS wise I've played Halo 3/reach, Bulletstorm and Ghost Recon : Future soldier and finished the campaigns but I must say this one, however brief had some of my favorite experiences of xbox 360 FPS's so far.

Pros :
*Good Graphics, not amazing, but good enough to be immersible.
*Gameplay feels solid, probably the best FPS I've played for pure game play on the Xbox.
*Characters seem acceptably real, no oscars given out but you can enjoy it, if only because the Delta remind you of will smiths Ex-delta mates from towards the end of Bad Boys 2, and the SEALS all are trying to be like Eric Banas Delta force character from Black hawk down.
*some genuinly tense moments of combat (although this was on a HD tv with 5.1 surround sound very loud)
*Diversity of playing styles (from stealthy search & destroy missions with the SEALS or Delta, to a more general infantry role as a ranger, which actually is actually really well placed because it brings you back from thinking your indestructible.
*the sort of campaign where linearity can be excused because of explainable plot.

Cons :
*Music is annoying when its trying to capture the moment, although It can be turned off thank god.
*If your required to pull back towards a chopper with your team dont think you can help your mates hold the evil lads back, the other team members just nag you.
*some very late explanations of controls
*Very short campaign, maybe 4 or 5 hours at most (very disappointing for someone like me whose used to 3 week PS1 Final Fantasy binges)

Summary this game as some really intense moments (particularly as the rangers, you really feel like your in the meat grinder) that I believe lift it out of the run of the mill shooter category, it was just a shame it ended so abruptly, A real experience could of been crafted from this if it was a few days long to complete, it seems single player is just a gimmick, given way to multiplayer and its a shame as I believe I'd rather be taken on a journey with my character than get called a noob, or later on just a general (any swear word) by some 14 year old.

See one answered question