5.0 out of 5 stars Andre the Virtuoso - Fantastic!
I saw Andre being interviewed on BBC Breakfast over the Christmas holiday and I couldn't wait to go out and buy his album! I have a passion for anything Strauss and I confess that The Blue Danube by Strauss is one of my all time favourite pieces and never fails to motivate me. Andre Rieu's version is just amazing, passionate and enchanting.

The whole album is...
Published on 30 Dec 2009 by Martin Belcher

3.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't like listening to a waltz!
Published on 7 Sep 2010 by grizzlerc

5.0 out of 5 stars Andre the Virtuoso - Fantastic!, 30 Dec 2009
Martin Belcher (Hampshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Forever Vienna (Audio CD)

The whole album is gorgeous, filled with uplifting music. Even if you're not a big fan of classical, buy this album, its a CD to cure those winter blues and better than an anti-depressant! Andre you are a brilliant, well done!

PS: It comes with disc two which is a DVD of a concert at the Royal Albert Hall in London - magnificent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Night, 31 Dec 2009
This review is from: Forever Vienna (Audio CD)
After watching Andre on The Royal Variety Show I was hooked and I am ashamed to admit I had not heared of him until then.I immediately sent for the this double DVD/CD, I can honestly say I was not dissapointed. My husband and I sat enthralled as Andre and his Orchestra took us through many well known pieces and some not so well known. His audience and his orchestra clearly had a wonderful time, as did we. We would now dearly love to actually go to one of his concerts. I think the comments made by Mr Yeloff are a little unfair. Andre make beautiful classical music accessible to the masses. I would recommend this DVD to all lovers of beautiful music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 9 Jan 2010
Melvyn Green (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever Vienna (Audio CD)
The CD and DVD are great the whole orchestra on the DVD seem to be enjoying it as much as the audience it was recorded live at The Royal Albert Hall,and Andre adds a little humour to the event. Would recomend it to anyone who likes this sort of music. This is my first Andre Rieu CD and DVD it will not be the last can't wait to go see him live. Buy it NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why so narrow-minded?, 17 Dec 2009
D. H. Johnson (Newcastle upon Tyne UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever Vienna (Audio CD)
Please do not be put off by biased, narrow-minded criticism of Andre Rieu's music by members of the "establishment" There should be room in music for all tastes and while I myself occasionally enjoy traditional classical music by established orchestras that doesn't mean to say that no-one else has a right to listen to whatever music they wish. Strauss himself played what at the time was popular music for the masses and while I can understand (and would defend) the wish of the "classic purists" for each note to be lovingly preserved, others have a right to disagree. Also is it so bad for the members of the orchestra to be seen to be enjoying their performance rather than sitting like black and white zombies?

I am unashamedly an Andre Rieu fan and very much look forward to the day when he and his orchestra perform at venues around the UK as they do in Europe and the rest of the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever Rieu, 1 Jan 2010
S. Cartwright "Sue" (Formby, Merseyside, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever Vienna (Audio CD)
This CD/DVD arrived on 31 December and made my New Year's Eve extremely enjoyable. The DVD provided entertainment - unlike the items available on TV. Seeing the orchestra and audience really enjoying themselves was wonderful. I sincerely hope this wonderful group of people continue for a long time and, if possible, do more touring round the UK - may be in Liverpool perhaps?

4.0 out of 5 stars Forever Vienna, 16 Jan 2010
J. Hamilton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever Vienna (Audio CD)
I had never heard of Andre Rieu until over the Christmas period when the adverts for this product were on telly constantly, or so it seemed! So, for probably the first time ever, I gave into the barrage of adverts and brought this item.

I am a huge classical music fan but don't enjoy many violin players as I find, unless they are excellent players bordering on genius, they make it almost a form of torture. This cannot be said for Andre Rieu whose playing is absolutely first class!

Whilst I can see that people wouldn't like the saccharine sweet make up of the DVD; with the ladies of the orchestra dressed in their finery and over-the-top scenes, coupled with the frequent displays of arrogance that Andre seems to display (these are surely him enjoying the music and the 'performance' of it), I personally enjoyed it. The operatic feel of this DVD was just want I needed to perk me up during these dull and dreary wintry days; and I thoroughly enjoyed the show as a whole.

Highly recommend (even if you turn off the screen and simply listen to the music on its own, I am sure that you will come to the same conclusion I did - that Andre is a fantastic violin player).

3.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't like listening to a waltz!, 7 Sep 2010
This review is from: Forever Vienna (Audio CD)
I had never heard of Andre Rieu and whilst searching for another classical CD I came across him and all the albums he has released. A very popular violinist by all accounts so decided that maybe I should try one of his recordings. I like listening to the music of strauss and this CD looked like a good choice and reminded me of my visit to Vienna a number of years ago which included a trip to a classical music concert. All in all not overly exceptional but a very nice CD to listen to. I was also surprised and pleased to see that it included Bolero which is a piece I have always enjoyed too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting Perfection from Andre Rieu, 11 Feb 2010
Claire Steed (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever Vienna (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic album and DVD. So uplifting and joyful, I love it. I have back problems so I can't dance anymore but I tell you this music is SO infectious it got right down deep into my soul and made me want to atttempt to dance again, it is so beautiful it really lit up every every fibre of my being and that is an incredible feeling. I can imagine this being the perfect antidote to a grey day, not that I'd ever need an excuse like that to play this CD and watch the DVD, it is just a sheer pleasure to press play on the remote and know that this joyous music will soon be filling the house.

I love the inclusion also of Andre and the Orchestra playing Ravel's Bolero - the full version; incredible but, who amongst us can ever listen to that evocative piece of music without seeing, in their minds eye, the wonderful Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean in those magical purple costumes skating their way to gold in the 1984 Sarajevo Winter Olympics? Perfection personified, in this interpretation of the music and those wonderful memories it invoked.

Thank you Andre and your wonderful orchestra for such joyous, incredibly uplifting music. Long may you all continue to do what you do so well.

Forever Vienna? more like Forever Andre - Bravo!

5.0 out of 5 stars A genius at work, 17 Dec 2009
This review is from: Forever Vienna (Audio CD)
I saw Andre Rieu on the Royal Variety performance last night and thought he was absolutely amazing!!!

I'm not a classical music fan but Andre's performance last night really made want to listen to more and I can't wait for the album as it seems like the perfect introduction.

He has such charisma and really made the music come alive. I'm not sure why Mr Yeloff would have such strong objections to an album that hasn't been released yet but looking at his other reviews he never gives anything more than one star so he is obviously a very hard man to please.

Maybe he needs to allow a little more of the spirit of Andre Rieu into his life to cheer him up!

5.0 out of 5 stars RIEULLY FANTASTIC, 17 Dec 2009
This review is from: Forever Vienna (Audio CD)
Just genius! I've just changed Christmas day to the 28th December. I can't wait to get my hands on this album!

Forever Vienna