Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 April 2010
If you have seen the movie then this CD is a must have- and if you havent seen the movie get it anyway. All the songs from the movie are here and sound much better as you are not distracted by the visuals.
There isnt a bad song on the soundtrack. Best picks are The weary kind, Hold on you, somebody else, I dont know, Fallin and Flyin, and of course Townes Van Zandt If I needed you. The rest is wonderful too. Colin Farrell was a good surprise in the movie. Ryan Bingham is excellent, hadnt heard of him before and will be watching out for him again.
Crazy Heart is the kind of film that hits you in the gut, it is original and so well acted. The soundtrack hits you in the same manner. It is old fashioned country sung with the blues. This weekend 'In the Best Original Song category - Motion Picture category Crazy Heart's lead song 'The Weary Kind (Theme From Crazy Heart)', composed by Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett, won the Golden Globe.

Jeff Bridges plays the role of an original outlaw songwriter - "confident, crooked, and hardened with time" said Stephen Bruton who played with Jeff. His voice is from deep in the chest, and T Bone Burnett figures Bridges character would have wanted to follow in the footsteps of Leonard Cohen, but it wasn't his time. Bruton writes the lyrics and co-producer T Bone Burnett's has written some tunes and supervises the songs. These are true blues old classic country tunes. Many of the songs are from the old timers, Townes Van Zandt, wrote 'If I Needed You', Waylon Jennings wonderful song 'Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way', and Lightnin' Hopkins, one of those old timers a few of us remember and his song 'Once a Gambler'. Jeff bridges opens the CD with 'Hold On You', a hard beat tune that had me tappin' my toes. Stephen Bruton follows with an instrumental, 'Someone Else'. Bridges takes the lead again with 'Somebody Else' and then a snippet of a tune called 'Wesley's Piano'. Ryan Binghamon takes the stage with 'I Don't Know'- his voice from this CD will open his career. 'Fallin' and Flyin' sung by Bridges seems like one of those old time honky tonk tunes we hear drifting from a bar. 'Gone, Gone, Gone' sung by Colin Farrell is a great tune and sung well. Robert Duvall's sings 'Live Forever' in acapella format. Brand New Angel' sung by Jeff Bridges in a slow, waltzy type of tune. The CD finishes with "The Weary Kind" Ryan Bingham, captures the feel of the film to a 'T'.

The actors don't have that distinct old grizzled sound of the old country but they reach the honky tonk sound and it all seems fine and right. This is a CD for the ages, one the old timers would listen to, and one that reminds us of our roots in country. All damn fine tunes for a film that gives us as good as it gets. T Bone Burnett has another hit on his hands.

Highly Recommended. prisrob 01-19-09

Anything I Say Can and Will Be Used Against You

The Door In The Floor [DVD] [2004]
VINE VOICEon 19 August 2010
To be honest you do not have to be into Country music to appreciate this album - Although if you are I think you will like it even more. It really is a first rate collection of music and to be honest one of the most impressive things is the collaboration of Jeff Bridges on the album. He has done a stunning job and dare I say it but could this be the start of a new career! (Perhaps not). To summarise if you enjoyed the film you will certainly enjoy this album. However even if you have not seen the film and enjoy the odd Country and Western tune this album could well be for you.
on 6 May 2013
Love Jeff's laid back style of singing which is particularly suited to country and loved the songs he actually sings in the movie. The biggest and best surprise though was Colin Farrell. He should bring out an album. It also made me discover Ryan Bingham and made me want to find more of his material. The fact that you get different versions of the same song on the album is quite nice, but it does make you feel a little bit cheated - if you're gonna do that a few extra tracks should be added to make up for it.
on 26 May 2010
After watching the film, i decided to purchase the CD. Really good, country type music. good product , good delivery.
on 11 October 2011
I was delighted with this CD and it is much-played in the car. Although a longstanding fan of Jeff Bridges, and being aware that he has a singing voice - from the
film 'Those fabulous Baker Boys', I think his performance in the C & W genre is fabulous too.
on 9 September 2010
I bought this after really enjoying the film and although I do enjoy the album on the whole, I don't appreciate some songs appearing several times, albeit by different artists and do tend to skip tracks because I get bored of hearing the same thing over and over again. Amazed at the quality of both Jeff Bridges' and Colin Farrell's singing talent!
on 24 October 2014
Great movie, CD a bit mixed. 3 stars is a bit harsh, 4 too much - 3.5 stars.

Jeff Bridges' contributions here are generally the best bits, plus a few other gems along the way, but there is also some stuff I just deleted from the hard drive very rapidly ... So I really like some of the tracks here, and don't regret getting the CD, but for me it's one to make a playlist from rather than play from start to finish.
on 7 February 2013
I watched this excellent movie and I knew i have to buy soundtrack, so after buying cd i was bit disappointed, sound quality of this cd is not so good, i have pretty decent hi fi and i really think that sound quality in movie is much better than on cd, it should be other way around.
on 21 April 2014
I loved the film and the music, no I can listen to the tracks when ever I want. So happy.