Format: UMD Mini for PSP|Change

Feature Commentary with Justin Lin
Outtakes
Driving School With Vin Diesel
South Of The Border: Filming In Mexico
Well, I'd heard that this was a pretty good installment of franchise that is The Fast & The Furious. However, I didn't think so. It was better than 2 but not as good as 1 or 3.

Fast and Furious - AKA The Fast & The Furious 4 - is actually The Fast & The Furious 2. Confused? Let me explain. The film kicks of with a set piece featuring Han (one of the main characters in Tokyo Drift) and gives us a glimpse of him and his life before what we see of it in Tokyo Drift; more importantly though, it picks up the story of the two lead characters (Vin Diesel and, er... the other one... What's his face) from the first.

The film fails, in my opinion, to deliver. It strays from the successful formula or fast cars and fast women and tries to introduce a plot and storyline... I mean, what were they thinking?

Normally, I suppose that is no bad thing, but that is not what I want when I want to watch a F & T F film. And worse still, the plot and story they introduce doesn't make any sense.

Also it's a little light on cars, chases, races and stunts for a Fast & The Furious film and the set pieces, when they did happen, were boring to those in the earlier films and failed to get out of second gear.

Overall the original film and Tokyo drift leave this film eating their dust. It is better than film number two but that's not saying much but the car scenes weren't as good as in the second film.

I look forward to seeing the fifth film in the series but I hope it's better than this because in a lot of ways it could be said that this is the weakest film in the series so far.

In fact, thinking about it, poor as it was, I think I actually enjoyed the second film more than this. At least it felt like a Fast & The Furious Film. Take away the two leads and this could have been any other third rate film.
1010 comments|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2011
Is this film Fast & Furious 5? I was going to buy this DVD but I am a little confused whether this is the right one. I thought the film was called FAST 5 & the cover is completely different? Anyone who can help, I would appreciate it.

Didn't know what to rate it as I haven't seen it yet, so I safely went for middle ground.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2013
The Fast and Furious films never disappoint. They provide easy watching. Although this film brings the old cast back, I do feel it is the worst film out of the genre. The film is good but I feel it is more of a connecting film for the later fast and furious films in the series.
on 8 October 2009
I purchased this DVD for a real car enthusiast, my son! It's an early Christmas present for him and I don't just THINK that he'll be delighted, I KNOW that he will! He's a real fan of these particular films, especially the Fast and Furious ones.
on 13 July 2013
This was movie didnt personally meet my expectations, based on the other movies in the Fast and Furious franchise I was expecting a lot more action and a deeper storyline, this movie to me was simply a movie to pad out the franchise.
on 18 July 2013
this is a deeper and darker film with a revenge/relationship storyline in which dom and brian go to find lettys murderer as brian works for the fbi still he gets in intense car races.and chases with dom and get's back with.mia
on 20 July 2013
Did not come on time but when ask where it was they said they sent it n thay sent another one with no prob and this would no stop me getting off them again as this I don't think it was there fault so don't let this put u off
on 29 January 2010
My family enjoyed the movie, we had watched all 3 previous movies and new that we had to have the 4th Movie in the collection, especially with Vin Diesel. He plays as one of those Bad boys turned good. Great Movie!
on 26 November 2013
Excellent film! I missed this film at the cinema hence the purchase. If you have a Blue-Ray player it is worth paying the extra for the HD experience. Very good value for money & quick delivery.