Platform: PC|Change

on 27 January 2012
I have been a fan of The Sims for many years and have played ever since the very first game. I love The Sims 3 game and was eager to add more "stuff", however was very disappointed with this pack. It adds around 2 new hair styles, 3 new sets of clothes and a few new items such as TV, gym equipment, computer etc. The items it adds are very nice, however it would have been nice to have had a few more.
on 30 October 2011
I love the sims and have been playing it for years now! Since switching from a PC to a Mac I hadn't played on the game but was glad to notice the game had become a cross platform one. First thing to note is that you can't play this unless you have The Sims 3 main game (this is simply an extension pack).

It's a pretty decent extension pack for the price if all you are looking for is some new 'stuff' I am happy with the range of extras you can get with this extension and love the 'customize' features that come with the latest sims game.

Overall I would say it was a worth while buy for the price, however it doesn't make the game anymore or less enjoyable to play (you wouldn't be missing out without it!!)
on 30 June 2011
The first thing I thought when I began playing The Sims 3 after installing this stuff pack was 'where's all my new stuff'?
Usually, stuff packs give you a large amount of new furniture, clothing, hairstyles and maybe makeup and tattoos. On this game, however, you get hardly anything.
The name and front cover imply that with this game you get lots of up-to-date, high-tech, modern stuff. What you do get is some furniture for a bedroom and bathroom. And they're hideous.
The bedroom furniture nearly all have a strip of light or something in them, which is cool. But the lights are always blue, and you can't edit them in create a style mode, which is annoying. Also, the furniture has a slight metal/robotic feel to it, making it look horribly out-of-place in female bedrooms. The only room I would feel comfortable placing the furniture from this stuff pack in would be a teenage boy's. Very restricted.
Their are two new hairstyles for females, and one or two for men. They are very similar and the female's are absolutely hideous!
Very few new clothing as well.
This game is a waste of money really, unless you are a Sims fanatic, which I know many people are. If you are, then its worth buying this game to add slightly to your available items. If you just play the Sims now and then, pass on this and buy something good, like Ambitions or especially Late Night.
on 12 February 2010
As a huge fan of the Sims games, I pre-ordered this game hoping that it would expand on the gaming experience for the Sims 3 -oh how foolish do I feel?? "Design and High-Tech Stuff" implies that you can upgrade your Sims houses in to modern homes filled with advanced technology and fun gadgets as well as being able to dress them in stylish clothing. If you are expecting this game to provide you with that opportunity, prepare to be very disappointed! The amount of stuff added to the game is so minimal, that it's almost criminal that EA honestly expects you to pay for it! You may have noticed how Stuff Expansion packs in the Sims 2 advertised that they had "60 NEW ITEMS", the reason this one doesn't is because what you see on the front cover is pretty much all you get along with a few other objects. You only get 1 new window and 1 new door to help you give your Sims's house a modern look. As for the new clothing, you get about 4 new outfits (they make it look like more, but actually they're the same ones repeated just in different colours) and they're not even that nice! There are no new clothes for toddlers, children or teenagers. The objects that you do get (however few there may be) are nothing in themselves that "new", sure they look different but they do the same things as the objects that you already get in the game. Like the new computer... works just like the others, the new gaming consoles... they do the same thing as the one you already have only they look different, you get a new running machine (why?? you already have one!) and the new tv is pretty much the same as the last one just with a some random "wave frame" stuck on it. What I'm trying to say is that all they have done is just changed the look of items you already have, but not added anything new to the game. Like why can't we have a 82inch 3D-TV? Or a Robot Nanny for the baby? Just something new rather than something re-designed. This game feels like EA got lazy and just threw something together to make some quick money by ripping off their loyal customers. Sims 3 in itself is an amazing game, but I just hope that they spend more time on their next Stuff expansion pack and put a decent amount of items inside so that its worth buying, unlike this one.

Then again, if you're a huge Sims 3 fan like me, you'll probably end up buying it anyway, just don't get your hopes up or you'll be disappointed with the lack of new content.
88 comments|136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2011
Design and Hi-Tech stuff pack adds some nice items to the Sims 3 world. Not all of it will be to everyone's taste and some of the collections are oddly put together but overall this stuff pack adds a nice selection.
on 28 October 2010
Having read the reviews I wasn't expecting much, however I was pleasantly surprised.
New stuff which wasn't any more expensive than buying from the online store and, most importantly, new gym kit! I'm so sick and tired of having one treadmill.
I wouldn't say it's the most fabulous 'stuff' pack ever, but it does have some nifty new bits and it made my legacy game a bit more fun.
The only thing that worried me was the possibility of the install crashing my computer, as has happened with all of the add-on installs so far. However, it didn't, it updated successfully and (touch wood) it's works just fine.
Enjoy!
on 16 January 2012
I bought this game for my daughter, she loves it no problem at all.
Great game to buy worth the money!! :)
on 5 August 2010
My daughter really enjoys The sims 3 but wanted more furniture so i bought her this it`s got about 60 new items.and some new hair and clothing. This is NOT an expansion like Ambitions or World of Adventures this is a Stuff pack. It also brings in 3 anniversary item from sims The Vibrating love bed,Fish tank and Electric guitar. Overall very good if you want fore item for your sims but if your expecting new gameplay then maybe this isn`t for you.
on 24 August 2011
I have to say, after reading the review before buying, I wasn't expecting much and when I got the game, my hopes weren't too high. There was definitely less than I had thought there would be. I tried making a whole apartment filled with this but I after a few attempts, had to add normal furniture as well. I do think it's a big disappointment because I was looking forward to high-tech stuff.
on 2 September 2011
The designs of the furniture are really cool, but I was disappointed with the actual number of furniture pieces that came with the pack. Some of the new clothes aren't very attractive, but again interesting designs. Overall If I had a choice I probably would have bought a different Sims 3 pack.