on 6 December 2014
We were given one of these a few years back as a bit of a joke gift.
It got used every meal time.
No burnt fingers from fishing out hot tea bags.
Or, for the miserly among us, squeeze the last bit of flavour from the bag!
Eventually it fell apart. Whether worn out, or a clumsy tea boy, I'm not sure.
So we got two more. 10 years supply?
on 28 June 2014
I already hove one of these, bought elsewhere, and it's a superb little gadget. Saves burning yourself on the tea bag, and you can squeeze the tea bag out also, to make that perfect cuppa, just as you like it! Just be sure to place the tea bag into the cage properly, and don't over squeeze it, then you shouldn't get tea leaves in your cup as well as tea.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 October 2012
I have been using one of these for about 3 years.

I drink a lot of tea in a day - 10-12 mugs a day. I always make my tea in a mug, simply with a tea-bag and hot water. Now, clearly this device is not one of life's essential gadgets.
It is certainly possible to lift a tea-bag out by its string and squuze between thumb and forefinger, or fish it out with a spoon.

With this tool, the teabag is places inside the "cage" - drawing the plunger back, causes the cage to open. The tool is then placed into the mug either directly into the hot water, or into the empty mug and the hot water can then be added. The tea-bag can be swirled around by using the tool.

Once the tea is the streength that you like you can either simply lift the dripping tea bag out of the mug (it is still inside the cage), or if you raise the tea-bag out of thwe water and push down on the plunger, the tea-bag is squeezed dry.
The tool can be opened again and the tea-bag dropped into your bin. Apart from picking the tea bag out of the box, and loading it into this tool, you do not need to touch the tea-bag again. No more scalded fingers, and no drips on the counter or floor.

The tool seems robust - I have used mine for 3 years and I cannot see what might wear out on it.

I know it is a gadget, but for me it is extremely useful and I would miss it if I lost it. In fact I have just ordered a couple more while they are still available.

I recommend it.

Update June 2015: Still going strong, it is out of warranty but shows no sign of break-down.
on 5 October 2013
Instead of getting your hands wet and burnt, just use the tea tool . All the work and no mess. You can even keep it in a saucer for a second cup. This is my second one. My daughter , who likes green tea, can use hers apart from the rest of her family who prefer a normal cuppa.
Easy to use couldn't ask for more
on 21 February 2011
I bought one for me and one for my Grandma who broke her wrist a couple of years ago and has limited movement as a result. This is such a clever and simple idea; I can make a cuppa and get rid of the bag without dripping across my kitchen floor and I know it's easy to use for my Grandma too. I would definately recommend it to anyone - young or old.
on 4 August 2012
This is so simple and effective. Makes a good strong cup of tea as it squeezes the flavour out so the teabag is fairly dry eliminating drips when removing. Much easier than trying to squeeze the teabag between the teaspoon and side of cup. This is one gadget that does get regular use in my home.
on 11 June 2015
The idea is great but it needs some practice to grab the whole teabag!
on 9 March 2013
I had already bought one of these from another source so I knew they were good - obviously the plastic does break up after a while, but this allows a tea bag to brew efficiently and acts as a spoon before releasing the bag into recyling pot. I bought 2 so that I've got a spare.
on 6 March 2014
saw this on tv programme few years ago,my wife says 4 years, went to lakeland next day to purchase it i have used it every day to make endless cups of tea and today it broke feel lost without it so i am buying 2 more to last about 8 years or longer,great little gadget.
on 21 October 2014
It does the job I got it for,
saves burning my fingers.