5.0 out of 5 stars Great Invention!
I bought this as soon as I saw it because I am fed up of the constant mess my children AND husband make when making tea. A friend said that she had used it and that it worked, but I'm forever the sceptic, but it does actually work. Firstly you don't ever have to handle the tea bag and so you don't risk burning your fingers, but it also has a plunger, which means you get...
Published on 26 Jan 2010 by Jayne

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK.
Published 4 months ago by James Cameron

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars cant do without this, brilliant., 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Tea Tool (Kitchen & Home)
saw this on tv programme few years ago,my wife says 4 years, went to lakeland next day to purchase it i have used it every day to make endless cups of tea and today it broke feel lost without it so i am buying 2 more to last about 8 years or longer,great little gadget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make it strrong, 10 Jan 2014
G. Jones "Gareth079" (Brum, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tea Tool (Kitchen & Home)
If you have visitors who like strong tea.. this does a great job... not ideal for weak tea drinkers though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea Tool, 5 Jan 2014
Mr. SC Dimmock (Tenterden Kent GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tea Tool (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent little gadget, works a treat every time. Well made performs as it should, what else is there to say?

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea tool, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Tea Tool (Kitchen & Home)
What a fun thing! It does what it says, and it doesn't split the bag when other tools do so recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy way to squeeze tea-bags, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Tea Tool (Kitchen & Home)
Non messy way of making a cup of tea in a mug rather than a tea-pot. Bought as gifts for our sons, having used this tool ourselves for sometime. Easy to use, the tool grasps the tea-bag, agitate a little, and then squeeze the tea-bag & dispose of it easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets loads of use, 30 Dec 2013
Mr. J. M. Young (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tea Tool (Kitchen & Home)
Brought on a whim as a cheap and cheerful gift for tea loving wife. She uses this all the time. Simple to use and effective.

Good:
It squeezes the last of the tea out the bag improving tea strength and reducing drops during the tricky mug to bin journey.

Make better:
The squeezing action is perfect but the open action is a little clumsy - must be a way to make it better.

Bonus points:
A metal, posh, version could be a nice gift for tea lovers. I prefer a metal spoon over plastic to stir tea so I assume I'd prefer a metal 'tea tool'.

For the price though, recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK., 21 Dec 2013
James Cameron - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tea Tool (Kitchen & Home)
The instructions on the box for this say to put the dry teabag into the teatool before putting it into the hot water to steep. Personally, for health reasons, I don't want plastic things soaking in boiling water for several minutes before I drink my tea (several times a day, every day). I don't know what kind of plastic it is, whether it's BPA-free etc. - regardless, I try to avoid plastic with my food / drink where possible, particularly with boiling water. Thus, for me, I steep the teabag on its own as normal in the mug, then grab it using the teatool.

It's not too difficult to grab the teabag, but during the squeezing process the teabag bunches out the large gaps between the "fingers" of the tool. Thus these parts of the teabag are not squeezed and you don't get the maximum flavour out of the teabag, which is the aim of the whole process. I haven't personally had any trouble with the bags bursting.

In summary, the tool is plastic, the grabbing process is a bit awkward and you don't get as much "squeeze" of the teabag as you do with the "double-spoon" type of teabag squeezer (which are generally also available in stainless steel). If you're not bothered about chemicals from plastic leaching into your tea then the procedure of putting the dry teabag into the teatool before you steep it would certainly be convenient. If this was available in stainless steel I'd probably buy it again, but as it stands I was disappointed with the plastic version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly useful!, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tea Tool (Kitchen & Home)
I'm epileptic and have very little independence. I love my cups of tea and have relied on others to make them due to burning myself.

I have a safety cup and a safety water heater which requires no pouring, but I've never had anything to help with carrying the tea bag from the cup to the bin safely. Not even getting it out of the cup!

However, this is marvellous, so practical, so easy to use, I also use it to swirl my milk in, and, for me it is so safe. It also goes in the dishwasher - big bonus!

There are simple instructions, which I kept, until my mum decided to throw them away! But without them you can work out how to use it quickly and easily.

One drawback, if you like strong tea be careful how hard you press down on the plunger when squeezing your bag. I split a bag slightly and had a few tea leaves floating around!

All in all...I love it, and I have regained a tiny bit of independence! Well worth the money for me. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea bag gadget, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tea Tool (Kitchen & Home)
Thought this was a novel idea for someone who has everything, looking forwards myself to test this out as I acquired one too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Badly Packaged, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tea Tool (Kitchen & Home)
I already have a tea tool and absolutely love it, so bought this for my brother for Christmas. There are quite a few tea tools on Amazon and I chose this one because I assumed that it would arrive attached to a nice piece of card showing how to use it - as pictured. When the tea tool arrived it was in a generic box with a terribly badly photocopied slip of paper which I think is the instructions (although I can't really tell because the photocopier was clearly running out of ink.) Not happy to give this as a gift. I might keep it as a back up for my own in case I ever lose it, although it looks flimsier than mine. Going to buy another one for my brother from an actual proper shop I think. Sad face.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›