5.0 out of 5 stars A handful of Joys with memories to treasure!
Published on 3 Mar 2010 by Mrs. A. Noakes

1.0 out of 5 stars mmm
Sadly we only remembered a few and we couldnt believe how rank Hartley looked! Why did i love him so much! parts of it nostalgic
Published 18 months ago by sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars A handful of Joys with memories to treasure!, 3 Mar 2010
This review is from: Look Back On 70's Telly - Issue 1 [DVD] [1970] (DVD)
I can tell you that if you were a tiny tot growing up during the 1970's then this DVD is possibly one of the best that you can spend your money on. I have fond memories of lunch time telly and many fond memroies of watching them with parents and grandparents who are no longer around. Some of the programmes I had not seen in over 30 years, and I was keen to see how the memories that I had of these programmes (some very vague indeed) that had stayed with me all these years compared to actually sitting down and watching the programme for this first time in 3 decades.

One of the most anticipated was 'A Handful of Songs' - the theme tune had stick in my head all these years - finally being able to see it again was a delight.

There are so many programmes here - Network have done a wonderful job in collecting together something for everyone. My son who has just turned 3 loves watching this DVD.

Not only do you get all these shows but you also get a mini comic with a new adventure for Hartley Hare and the pipkins gang - their first since December 1981!

Even if you don't remember ALL of the shows on this 2 disc set - there will be plenty of memories that you will enjoy reliving and perhaps even rediscover something that you used to enjoy with delight as a tiny tot but had forgotten.

Now is the time to tack that trip back to your childhood!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Don,t Want to Go back to school this afternoon., 13 April 2010
J. Dixon - See all my reviews
This review is from: Look Back On 70's Telly - Issue 1 [DVD] [1970] (DVD)
Essential if your in your mid 30s, and can remember coming home for your dinner from school, and not wanting to go back after watching all the delights thay had to offer then. Pipkins, Animal Kwackers, Rainbow, Jamie and the Magic Torch, Cloppa Castle, Handful of Songs, they,re all there plus a lot of weird and wonderful stuff I,d completely forgotten such as The Magic Fountain, and Mr Trimble. There,s also a quite amusing comic with plenty of parodies of the Look In format. Very good 2 disc set. Only one flaw, the Rainbow episode is the very first 'Shapes, already included on the Rainbow 30th Anniversary DVD set, and includes none of the familiar cast, and a very scary looking Bungle, but i suppose purists will like it. The Pipkins episode hasn,t been released on any of the 3 Pipkins DVDs so that,s a nice treat for all Hartley Hare fans out there!

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories are made of this, 19 April 2010
This review is from: Look Back On 70's Telly - Issue 1 [DVD] [1970] (DVD)
I was really looking forward to seeing this and it was odd the number of titles that I didn't remember but as soon as the intro started I'd be humming along (or in the case of Little Blue singing along). There are some great memories in here although I was rather freaked out by the Rainbow episode, never having seen the scary version of Bungle before, and was disappointed that the Pipkins was such a late one with the newer version of Topov and didn't include It's..........Time. All in all it was a good afternoon of viewing and something I really want to show friends who weren't around at the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Memories, 1 Oct 2010
This review is from: Look Back On 70's Telly - Issue 1 [DVD] [1970] (DVD)
loved it! I wasn't sure I'd remember some of these when I was deciding to buy because I couldn't recall some of the programme names, but wow! remembered most of them when I played it,was singing along to songs I hadn't heard since I was five! excellent pressie for a 40+ year old....

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 10 Aug 2011
This review is from: Look Back On 70's Telly - Issue 1 [DVD] [1970] (DVD)
great dvd brought back loads of memories, would make a great pressie for someone who was a kid in this era.

1.0 out of 5 stars mmm, 13 May 2013