what a pleasant suprise!! chrstinas album is diverse, eclectic and mature! while i was a little concerned at the 20 tracks (it often happens that the quality of the songs begins to drop) just about every song was a great listen.
1. stripped intro, an intro with medlody, irony and a message.
2. can't hold us down, with lil' kim, one of my fave's it is hip hop influenced, beaty and catchy with a kick-ass message.
3. walk away, probably my favourite, a six eight ballad with some real gustoand some incredible vocals from christina.
4. fighter, cleverly blended in from walk away, while its message is basically the opposite, it carries on from the theme of walk away, to the girl who is standing up for herself! this is great, a real rock tune!
5. primer amor interlude, spanish lovey stuff.
6. LOVE THIS!! infatuation, latino, great lyrics, catchy, a great sing-a-long song!
7. love embrace interlude, english lovey stuff.
8. loving me for me, not the best song of the album, but still good, sweet and soulful.
9. impossible with alicia keys, melodic, soul, r'n'b, this is great!
10. underappreciated, again, more soul influence, macy grayish kinda sound, but at the same time, unique.
11. beautiful, probably her second release, this is GORGEOUS! its simpleness is its brilliance!! one of the best songs of the album.
12. make over, another rock song, the great linda perry getting christina to branch out into different genres. love it!
13. cruz, gorgeous sound, easy listening, summery tune.
14. soar, similar to cruz in a way, but still great, sweet hamronies.
15. get mine, get yours, another more r'n'b type song, catchy and basey, this is a good tune.
16. dirrty with redman. i dont need to say anything. you've all heard it, all seen the video. this is one heck of a tune!
17. stripped pt 2, an interlude, sorry shes not a virgin, sorry she's not a slut, honest, and personal, critics can shut the f up.
18. the voice within, FANTASTIC!! i love this. starts off slow and mild, but later develops into a real hard hitting soulful deep song, fantastic vocals, shows us why she is not britney's rival, she is a superb singer in her own right who is going to be around for a lot longer. trust me.
19. i'm ok. moving, quietly disturbing, but motivating.
20. uplifing song, a nice final track, showing us that she is a real star!
great album christina, i expected it to be good, but this is fantastic, the best album i have listened to in a good few years! buy this people, if you like pop, hip hop, r'n'nb, a bit of rock, soul and an all'round bloody good set of songs.