on 8 December 2010
I ordered this product after midnight on Sunday, when my Inspiron 1545 charger conked out, it arrived first thing Tuesday and that's with the free delivery option! The product is genuine Dell and is identical to the one I got with my laptop, except that this one works! The lead that connects the plug socket to the power adaptor is slightly longer than the original, which is really handy, but other than that it's exactly the same.

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the prices that the likes of Comet, Curry's, PC World and Dell wanted for a replacement for my broken charger cable. Even on sale, Dell were asking for three times what I paid for this!

The item was posted by Cambridge really, really quickly and arrived less than 24hrs after my dispatch email. I opened the box, which was well packed, plugged the cable in and it worked a treat!

I can't tell you how impressed I am with this seller and the product. This level of service with a price tag so low compared to the major retailers is hard to come by.

My advice to anyone considering buying that is suspicious because of the bargain price (which I admit I was) is buy it! Don't think twice!
on 17 February 2012
When I first received this item, it took me a couple of days to realize it was defective. The AC Adapter was keeping my computer on, but it wasn't cherging the battery ['plugged in, not charging']. However, on a first simple contact with the sellers, I received a pre-paid label to send the item back to them a new one was sent right away. The second item works perfectly and I have no problems with it whatsoever.
So, for those of you complaining that the item does not work properly, why not try and contact the seller before writing a bad review?
on 19 August 2010
Perfect replacement for defunct original charger ( moulded cable failed at connector end): new, good quality, recognised immediately by the laptop, and of course with the essential weird Dell connector that prevents one using other chargers even in an emergency!

Sent quickly, and good price - nearly had a heart attack when saw what Dell were charging for supplying direct - even when "reduced"!

My son is delighted too as he can use his laptop again :-)
on 1 January 2014
Brought this and it never worked, instructed to turn computer off and plug it in and try again it then subsequently blow up and has never worked since, got in torch with seller and after claiming I was trying to send my old charger back which still works just cable casing is starting to be ripped as its been bent for over 4 years so thought i get a spare they agreed to send a new one to replace the broken one after a month I heard nothing so claimed for a refund which took another month

Would not recommend this company to someone I loathed they are this bad

Stay away and get something which is genuine as this is quite clearly genuine as comparing my one which I got from dell with my laptop is nothing like the one I brought, it is some cheap copy, ripoff piece made in china

Well that's let some steam off through the trouble this seller has caused
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 January 2014
Although it does say DELL underneath, it does not have the Dell sign imprinted on the front like my original charger had, so I can't say for definite if this is genuine but it would not charge my Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop (this is in fact the second 'genuine charger' I have tried, the previous one was ordered from Ebay and that didn't work either!).

However, the Seller responded quickly and offered an apology and a full immediate refund, so I would advise that you try it and if it doesn't work, don't hesitate to contact the Seller (Elec_Sale) as they were very courteous.
on 11 February 2013
I bought this product to replace my broken dell laptop charger believing that it was genuine as the advert stated. This charger does not charge my laptop up! as soon as I plug it in an alert appears stating that the charger is not genuine or suitable for my laptop. If i over-ride this message another appears stating that I have a charger plugged in but laptop is not charging! would not purchase again!
on 7 December 2013
Bought for my Inspiron 1545 (hexagonal port) but the first one that sent out didn't work - lead worked with a different adapter but this adapter had a green light that did not light up or let power through to laptop. Replacement sent out but the same thing - no green light and no power. Returned both via prepaid envelope (sent out by seller) and was given full refund with no problems.

Bought 'genuine' elsewhere and the adapter worked first time no problems but cost £33.49.
on 31 July 2011
This is a perfect replacement for my old 1545 Inspiron power adapter, which was one its way out. A genuine Dell product that's more than 3 times cheaper than Dell are actually selling it for! It was also nice to get the mains cable too, as a lot of sellers don't include them.
on 6 September 2011
This product is quality! Its the real deal!
I opened the packaging and there it was... My new charger to resurrect my laptop from the grips of death. My old Inspiron 1545 charger stopped working and laptop died, so I ordered this on the 4th and it came on the 6th and that's with the free delivery! The product is slightly different from my old Dell charger, but I presume that there are many adapter models for this laptop. Began charging instantly, also a nice blue LED light indicates its on and working. When you compare prices to RRP of Comet, Curry's, PC World, Dell...you begin to realise how much of a deal this is!
I really am impressed with this quality seller. I would urge anyone who needs a trustworthy charger and is on a budget to get this.
on 5 September 2012
I've got a Dell inspiron 1545, one of the listed models that this charger is supposed to work on. was pleased to find a cheaper replacement than Dell's when the wire in my cable broke.
Firstly, this is not a genuine Dell adapter.
Secondly, it is only 1.5Watts power, when the laptop requires 1.6W. Dell do this on purpose to stop people buying cheap imitation products. I did not know this until after purchase, when I noticed the mouse only works intermittantly when plugged in, and also clicks things all by itself. I imagine this is because it is receiving insufficient power, as this is the only difference I could find between the two chargers.
I emailed the seller who did offer to replace it, but I figured after return postage it was not worth it as it would cost me the same as I paid for the charger, and the replacement would probably do the same! Therefore I have to leave it plugged in and out of use for a couple of hours to charge and then use on battery power only.
Would not recommend this to other dell users.