on 17 February 2011
First, I need to explain how to order from lily lolo, just to answer the negative reviews posted here. The colours vary from one computer to another so when you select a mineral foundation, the colour on the screen might not look like the real colour, once you receive it. The same goes for any foundation, liquid or mineral.Actually, it goes for anything you buy on the internet( try ordering wallpaper samples, you'll see, the colours are not often the same as on screen) So, for those of you who are not ordering the samples first to try out, be prepared to waste [] on a product that does not match your skin tone.But, on the website,they do warn you about that.
Now, the samples on the website do not cost an arm and a leg, and it's the only company that I know , which offers samples, so go for it. Trying a foundation before buying is a must, unless you want to leave it to luck.
The samples come into small pots and you have enough for 3-4 times if you don't need a lot of coverage.

When I received my samples, I didn't expect In the buff to be the right one, but it is (hence, the need to order samples FIRST). I used my blush brush to apply it( I was not going to buy a brush just to try, was I?) after applying my moisturiser ( that's essential, it is a powder afterall ). The result was amazing! The coverage was good, it lasted all day long and was so easy to apply and most important, it did not dry my skin.My skin looked perfect from the moment I applied it to the moment I washed it all off. Better even, I slept with it because I forgot I was wearing makeup, it felt so comfy.( and no, I didn't wake up covered in spots)

I have a combination skin, but my t-zone ( forhead, nose, chin) can be dry. All the foundations I have tried tend to be too oily and to dry my skin so much it would start peeling on my forehead after few minutes of applying( and I have tried them all,the very expensive, luxury items to the supermarkets brands). I almost never wear foundation because it always feels like I'm applying paint to my face and afterwards,I get breakouts.Plus, sometimes I would have to wash my face twice to get rid of it completely. Now, I have found THE FOUNDATION, I cannot go back to liquid foundations ever again . It feels like you are not wearing any make up, your skin feels smooth and the best part is that it doesn't smell at all ( no nasty chemicals in it, who needs them anyway).
Now, what do you do with these sample pots that don't match your skin tone? I use the lighter ones to cover the bags under my eyes and you can mix the darker ones with your foundation if, like me, your skin darkens as summer approaches( In the buff is my winter skin tone). If you have a sensitive skin or a skin prone to breakouts, I highly recommend it, since it is light and has healing properties, which other foundations do not offer.

To sum up, if you haven't tried it yet, do so now. Order few samples from the lily lolo website and remember to apply a good moisturiser first. You won't regret it.The value for money is excellent, especially compared to other mineral foundations.It completely changed my life and I now love to apply make up, because I know I won't see the consequences on my face the next day.
on 7 May 2010
I have been using lily lolo for about two years and my skin has never looked better another good thing about their products are you can buy samples for 99p which last about a month so you can find your perfect colour match and they offer good advice on how to choose the one thats right for you, their customer service is excellent and the products are delivered super fast.
on 10 November 2011
THIS IS A NICE POWDER AND I LOVE IT AS THERE ARE ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS WHICH I LIKE. IF ANYONE HAS PROBLEMS WITH MAKE UP TRY THIS ONE ITS GREAT FOR PROBLEM SKIN
on 5 September 2013
Dispatched and delivered in great time, ordered thursday evening arrived saturday morning!! Doesnt quite compare to the coverage you get with sheer cover or bare minerals but for half the price and double the amount i dont mind applying again midday!
on 20 July 2013
Quick delivery and a lovely mineral powder, in the buff quite light may go slightly darker next time, lasts all day and excellent coverage
on 24 June 2016
This is great stuff, but when will they redesign the tub so that you don't end up losing half of the powder?
on 13 August 2014
I love this foundation, I have sensitive skin and this doesn't effect it at all. Will purchase this again.
on 10 August 2013
Along with the Bare Minerals mineral foundation this one is a favourite.

Quality packaging and a very competitive price. It lasts me around 6 months and I use it approximately four times per week.

Once applied this product illuminates skin and my complexion looks youthful and dewy as opposed to a full matte finish - full coverage though as you can build it up where you want it.

It doesn't sit in lines or pores (if used with a primer it's even better) and its doesn't come off during the day. It's as close to perfection as I've got to date.

High quality and SPF 15 which has worked very well in the recent heatwave as I've burned on my body but not on my face!
on 28 August 2015
i have used this makeup for sometime now. it is easy to apply light and long lasting
on 20 February 2016
Good for sensitive / dry skin. But a bit messy really.