5.0 out of 5 stars A new twist to a traditional process
Published 19 months ago by Ian

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away!
Published on 23 Dec 2011 by DAthan

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away!, 23 Dec 2011
This review is from: Parker 33R Stainless Steel Shavette Razor (Black) (Personal Care)
I have uploaded a picture of this product which I'm sure it speaks for itself. In case the image is not available I'll say that the metallic part is good and the plastic part is bad. It's of such a low quality that falls apart! I'm thankful that I saw the problem after I've done shaving, otherwise I might be in for a bloody surprise, literally! I feel that for some products which could be dangerous if they break, manufacturers should either produce an honest item or nothing at all. I have wasted my money on this shavette and I'm sure not going to try another product from Parker at least in this line.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 8 Sep 2011
C. C. Ridley (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The title says it all really. For the price

To quote the blurb :
"The 33R shavette has a black rigid plastic handle and stainless steel blade holder."

I've no issue with the holder part of that statement but the handle is barely rigid plastic, it is unacceptably cheap and flimsy. I will be returning this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new twist to a traditional process, 5 Feb 2013
This straight style razor, or shavette as it is more commonly known is lightweight but sturdy and delivers a great shave every time. Whilst the handle is lightweight it is still firm and the metal blade holder is heavy enough to feel comfortable in the hand without being too heavy to shave comfortably with. Being able to change blades quickly and easily is a great advantage and I find it so much easier than stropping and sharpening a traditional straight razor all the time.

I'm looking for shavettes with nicer scales or someone to add custom scales to my Parker shavettes (I have both the 33 and 34R) like the custom straight razors you see advertised as it would be nice to have something a little more stylish than the very utilitarian plastic scales available.

All in all I'm very happy with my Parkers and would tell anyone who gets sore skin from wet shaving with a modern multi blade safety razor to give the more traditional approach a try as it definitely works and leaves you feeling a little more pampered and lessed rushed in this modern life.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 19 Aug 2014
Lightweight and simple, great value