5.0 out of 5 stars Classic.
Great reading of a classic play. The quality is excellent and the play is performed with relish and professional expertise.
Published 6 months ago by Dodo

1.0 out of 5 stars Astoundingly boring play about nothing at all
Published on 14 Mar 2009 by Philip Sadler

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic., 4 Jun 2014
Dodo "Spara Fugle" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime play,a good read & a fantastic radio adaptation: a classic sunk by some teenage's proud ignorance so called "review", 19 May 2011
J. N. Valente "jnscav" (Evora, Portugal) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Unlike the philipsad I was not forced at gunpoint to read this. I went willingly to see it when a local company was having an international theatre festival and even at 12 it struck me as powerful, moving, deeply honest, relevant and affecting. Years later I saw a television adaptation, still as powerful though lacking some nuances and minor sub-plots. Then I bought this radio adaptation which I found to be very much abridged, so that some of the power was lost. But the acting was still top notch for the medium.
I wonder why those who commented on the only "review" were - I think - genuine in their appreciation for the play but not enough to save it from having an average rating (out of just the one person with an ax to grind but no idea of what he was writing about) by writing another review. Could it be that amazon no longer accepts all reviews? Surely not. If it turns out to be so I'll post this as a "comment" to sadphil's review even he's not worth it with his violent tendencies and mental instability. Chekov is worthy of being saved from this sort of groundless dumbing down by dumb people. I use dumb as an euphemism, of course.
I don't much care for amazon's policy of having this single review present on different versions/edition of the play. I', m all for pitying the stupid but I have no sympathy for major corporations validating their narrow-mindedness.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great play, 20 Oct 2013
Helena (SHEFFIELD, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great play
Don't like all aspects of this translation. Would recommend reading while listening to audiobook version. (Which inevitably is a different translation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 9 Mar 2013
I love this play but I decided not to go for a partin in it but the service was excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars A classic in a modern format, 17 April 2012
Graham Cooke (Malmesbury, Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cherry Orchard (Kindle Edition)
It's not incredibly exciting but a second reading shows it to be clever and humorous. The Kindle version lacks page and line numbers but it's a very convenient and cheap version.

5.0 out of 5 stars A clasic abused, 4 April 2013
The Welk (Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cherry Orchard (Kindle Edition)
Mr Sadler has a degree? What in, pray, that could possibly involve Russian literature? I suspect Chekhov is a little beyond him but I feel for his lecturer. Stick to Lord Archer and enjoy all of those plots Mr Sadler: Chekhov is for grown ups!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cherry Orchard Dover Thrift copy, 23 Oct 2011
Mrs. M. R. Forsythe (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Fitness for purpose, the main body of the work published in a cheap edition. Used for a one off discussion group.

1.0 out of 5 stars Astoundingly boring play about nothing at all, 14 Mar 2009
I was forced at gun point to read this for my degree and I can honestly say that I am actually quite angry for not choosing to be shot. This play is the most boring thing I think I have ever read. It is a play about, almost literally, nothing. I mean - what's the point of it? What's the point of the so-called 'plot'? Nothing happens right throughout the entire work. As a further insult I just noticed that this work is listed as a comedy. That is nonsense. As an even greater insult my teacher described it as "probably the most beautiful play I have ever read." This made me want to hit the pretentious little berk in the face.

The Cherry Orchard