5.0 out of 5 stars It speaks for itself, 10 Mar 2010
This review is from: My Dinosaur Life (Audio CD)
Worker Bee is the opening track to Motion City Soundtracks new album `My Dinosaur life' and it's an enthusiastic way to get back on track to their original pop punk roots. It seems that this is what the five boys from Minneapolis have been doing since their last release which I personally feel was the weakest point of their career.

But it is back to business with this album; more synth then you can shake a stick at, guitar riffs that give a meaning to air guitar and melodies that will not leave your head for weeks, no matter how hard you try. All of these songs have potential to be released as a single, with strong hooks and choruses that people will guaranteed to be humming everywhere.

The most prominent songs are `History Lesson' which sounds almost as if it should be sang in an Irish pub, you can taste the Guinness coming out of it! As well as `The weekends', holding an epic start and almost Take That style harmonies that I think was a nice way to finish the album.

`@!#?@!' Will bring a smile to anybody's face when you imagine how they are going to announce it live, as well as it almost sounding like The Darkness b-side. It clearly shows Motion with a humorous side and sets in stone that they are back and ready to take over the pop-punk scene once again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 19 Jan 2010
Ms. Lauren Stretton "Motion City" (Portsmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Dinosaur Life (Audio CD)
A great improvement on Even If It Kills Me, which I found highly disappointing, My Dinosaur Life goes back to Commit This To Memory, with a lot of the edgier rock sound from I Am The Movie. With Mark Hoppus producing, you can hear his influence and that of other pop-punk bands. This album will not let you down if you loved their earlier music, and it has a lot of appeal for people who have either never heard them before or liked Even If It Kills Me. I love every song on this album, as they are all very unique but brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll let you in on something secret..., 30 Dec 2010
This review is from: My Dinosaur Life (Audio CD)
This album is awesome a mix of pop punk and rock it's got everything.

A must have for your collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Back to what I used to love., 10 Nov 2010
C. Earles (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Dinosaur Life (Audio CD)
This was my favourite band a few years back, and I went to see them live a fair few times. After their last album (Even If It Kills Me), I was a little disappointed. I've preferred their earlier work, and I think this has that same sort of vibe. It's just good, upbeat pop music. It's well worth the fiver I paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars MCS have been good worker bees, who deserve a gold star., 15 Jan 2010
Mr. S. Lewis "Sensation" (Pembrokeshire, Wales.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Dinosaur Life (Audio CD)
The band's first release on a major label doesn't disasppoint. A more mature sounding MCS have polished out an extremely fine album. This band is one of the brighlest lights in this genre at the moment. Will no doubt be an AOTY contender.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 7 Mar 2010
Mr. Thomas J. Taylor (Milner Road, Brighton.) - See all my reviews
Another great addition to the MCS catalogue. Produced by Mark Hoppus, so has a similar vibe to Commit This To Memory.

My Dinosaur Life
My Dinosaur Life by Motion City Soundtrack (Audio CD - 2010)