5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and effective
Fearfull of having a single expensive light and then it fail and leave me in darkness, I have a pair of these mounted on my handlebars. Only one is switched on in lit areas, but both are used when on unlit roads.

Published on 26 Oct 2012 by Mr. K. J. Santi

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
You pay for what you get, and for what I paid it is decent. Battery lasts well. It does illuminate your face while cycling, which is alittle offputting. Okay to be seen, but not for cycling down unlit roads.
Published 22 months ago by David Cartmell

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 31 Jan 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the country, 26 Dec 2012
Mr. T. Lowe "terry lowe" (swindon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
I did appreciate when I bought this that it had limitations, as I live in an urban area I don't need a searchlight just something legal and safe. It does that well but don't expect it to help you to see where you're going. In the country buy something much brighter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good light but fixing broke within a couple of years, 9 Oct 2011
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
I've had two of these lights, and I like them as they have a good light spread, batteries last for ages and projects some light to the side so that cars at junctions are more likely to spot you. However the plastic attachment for fixing and removing it from the bike (which I do twice daily as I commute with it) on both of mine broke within a couple of years. Despite the fact the rest of the light is fine, once this connector breaks, the light jumps off the bike whenever I go over a bump, so I've had to replace it each time. Not all Cateye lights use this fixture, but the 130 and 135 series all seem to.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and effective, 26 Oct 2012
Mr. K. J. Santi (South England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)

They are sleek, modern and quite small. I particularly like the on/flash/off button on the back of them as it is almost invisible and doesn't spoil the look of the light.

Mounting them on handlebars is dead easy. The light generated by them is impressive for the money. I have used them for short sections of country lane and unlit roads where I needed to see perhaps 10yards in front of me for potholes and debris. This creates a 1m square spot of strong white light on the road. i have mine angled so one throws its light slightly ahead of the other, creating a larger section of lit road. There is enough sideways light throw to show up road markings and the like.

I'd define them as a good step up from a basic £5 'be seen' light that can get you across a short unlit section in safety

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 3 Sep 2010
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
I purchased this for my own use. I commute to work and back and to the shops, this light is extremely bright and the battery has lasted me much longer than I had anticipated. I have always believed in the quality of cateye products and this one has not let me down. The mounting is tool free and only takes 5 minutes, the great thing is you can remount it on another bike in no time (I went mountain biking and used this light too).

Thoroughly impressed, good value, good quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cateye EL130, 1 Sep 2012
R. Styles (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
A good little light, well made and easy to attach without tools. I would have preffered a bit more of a spread of light but its quite adequate even on unlit country roads. I do find the light visible from the riding position coming from the top of the lens slightly irritating but this is a minor quibble and is easily fixed with a little piece of black tape strategically placed. All in all a good light and value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great light, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
I love this because I cannot accidently knock it off the bike, which is what has happened to three previous front lights where the release lever is behind the light. This is very easy to attach to any size bar, easy to release ant to alter. It recommends that you cut the excess band, personally I would say the opposite, in case you want to place it elsewhere or on another bike.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in first week, 23 April 2014
M. Price - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
This product broke after a good few years (the light kept turning off halfway through a cycle) but no bother I thought it's served it's time. However, the replacement I ordered broke in the first week - again the light kept turning off halfway through a cycle meaning I had no lights. This seems to be an inherent problem with these lights.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
Does what it is meant to do do at geat price very easy to take off and on does not take a lot of space for storing.

3.0 out of 5 stars it's okay, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
bought this 4 or so months ago. the plastic they use in this product is pretty dissappointing. however the light does what it needs to.

I would probably go for a different product if I were to buy a light for my bike.

Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black