5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and effective
Fearfull of having a single expensive light and then it fail and leave me in darkness, I have a pair of these mounted on my handlebars. Only one is switched on in lit areas, but both are used when on unlit roads.

Published on 26 Oct. 2012 by Mr. K. J. Santi

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
You pay for what you get, and for what I paid it is decent. Battery lasts well. It does illuminate your face while cycling, which is alittle offputting. Okay to be seen, but not for cycling down unlit roads.
Published on 31 Jan. 2013 by David Cartmell

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 31 Jan. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the country, 26 Dec. 2012
Mr. T. Lowe "terry lowe" (swindon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
I did appreciate when I bought this that it had limitations, as I live in an urban area I don't need a searchlight just something legal and safe. It does that well but don't expect it to help you to see where you're going. In the country buy something much brighter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good light but fixing broke within a couple of years, 9 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
I've had two of these lights, and I like them as they have a good light spread, batteries last for ages and projects some light to the side so that cars at junctions are more likely to spot you. However the plastic attachment for fixing and removing it from the bike (which I do twice daily as I commute with it) on both of mine broke within a couple of years. Despite the fact the rest of the light is fine, once this connector breaks, the light jumps off the bike whenever I go over a bump, so I've had to replace it each time. Not all Cateye lights use this fixture, but the 130 and 135 series all seem to.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and effective, 26 Oct. 2012
Mr. K. J. Santi (South England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)

They are sleek, modern and quite small. I particularly like the on/flash/off button on the back of them as it is almost invisible and doesn't spoil the look of the light.

Mounting them on handlebars is dead easy. The light generated by them is impressive for the money. I have used them for short sections of country lane and unlit roads where I needed to see perhaps 10yards in front of me for potholes and debris. This creates a 1m square spot of strong white light on the road. i have mine angled so one throws its light slightly ahead of the other, creating a larger section of lit road. There is enough sideways light throw to show up road markings and the like.

I'd define them as a good step up from a basic £5 'be seen' light that can get you across a short unlit section in safety

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 3 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
I purchased this for my own use. I commute to work and back and to the shops, this light is extremely bright and the battery has lasted me much longer than I had anticipated. I have always believed in the quality of cateye products and this one has not let me down. The mounting is tool free and only takes 5 minutes, the great thing is you can remount it on another bike in no time (I went mountain biking and used this light too).

Thoroughly impressed, good value, good quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cateye EL130, 1 Sept. 2012
R. Styles (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
A good little light, well made and easy to attach without tools. I would have preffered a bit more of a spread of light but its quite adequate even on unlit country roads. I do find the light visible from the riding position coming from the top of the lens slightly irritating but this is a minor quibble and is easily fixed with a little piece of black tape strategically placed. All in all a good light and value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great light, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
I love this because I cannot accidently knock it off the bike, which is what has happened to three previous front lights where the release lever is behind the light. This is very easy to attach to any size bar, easy to release ant to alter. It recommends that you cut the excess band, personally I would say the opposite, in case you want to place it elsewhere or on another bike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value at £13., 2 April 2013
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
I think I paid considerably more than £13 so £13 is a good price - the price I paid was a little on the high side. Seems a good light and plenty bright enough to get you seen by motorists though sadly not bright enough to cycle down an unlit country lane (the acid test) Seems to be a lot brighter with duracell alkaline batteries than the supplied zinc carbon efforts. The light is compact and pocketable and can be used as a small torch when quick released from the bike. The bracket is also easily removable by hand but don't cut the strap to size in case you want to fit the light to a bike with a thicker handlebar, as I did! Made to usual cateye standards. Overall, you will not be disappointed by this light at £13, get it and stay safe and alive and stop motorists pipping at you for having no lights!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, previous good experience with this make, 17 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
I have used this make before and have a 'CatEye' rear light which is years old and hasn't caused problems. This light doesn't produce huge illumination but is adequate, and is easy to install and well made. I particularly like the handlebar mounting even if once fitted it requires some trimming to be done. There is none of that tiresome messing around with rubber rings or (worst case) insulating tape that I have encountered fitting mountings for lights on handlebars. Runs on two AA cells (supplied) but I use rechargeable cells which work fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Bright, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black (Sports)
This light is Very Bright, but has a limited spread of Light. You will be seen with this!
Its ideal for low light town riding, but does not give enough light on its own for night time road riding , and nowhere near enough light for off road.
Really neat and compact, Good quality
Replaces my previous halogen cateye ( purchased 18 years ago & 4 times the size of this one)

Cateye EL-130 Front LED Bike Light - Black