4.0 out of 5 stars Battery operated insoles
Bought these as a present for my other half, as he works outside alot and always complains that his feet get cold. He liked this product but said that the wires were a bit annoying. Would also recommend to use rechargeable batteries as it uses them quite quickly.
Published on 3 Mar 2011 by debs

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time or money
Published on 7 Feb 2010 by Cynic

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time or money, 7 Feb 2010
This review is from: Warmawear Battery Heated Insoles - Shoe Heater / Foot Warmer (Garden & Outdoors)
Ok - so take every review you read with a pinch of salt (as I do), but be assured that this product is so ineffective that it is almost impossible to tell whether it is switched on or off. Tried the battery pack with high-capacity alkalines and rechargeables - no discernible difference. Bought the insoles to alleviate cold feet on an upcoming ski trip, but would have been better buying a second pair of socks. My Wife wore the insoles for a couple of hours to test them - one switched on and one off and there was a small area in the centre of the "on" insole that was almost imperceptibly warmer than the other. Buyer beware!

1.0 out of 5 stars No Discernable Heat, 4 Jan 2011
Bought these for skiing.
Tried them out without boots and there was a tiny bit of heat from them which when put on a cold kitchen floor immediately dissipated.
Thought they might work better in enclosed ski boots. Used on skiing trip and made no difference whatsoever - could'nt feel any heat at all.
Don't do what they say they will do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery operated insoles, 3 Mar 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 29 Jan 2011
Purchased these insoles for wearing inside my boots when spending time standing around at a football pitch. When they arrived I felt that they looked flimsy and that the wire connections did not look very strong. Any heat coming from the insoles after being switched on was barely noticeable and did not warm my feet. After 3 times wearing them over a period of 6 weeks, one wire connection has come apart from the insole and it no longer works. I have found this product to be ineffective and unsatisfactory.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hot foot!, 7 Nov 2012
Scarlet Raven (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I ordered these last month because I was diagnosed with Raynauds and i need to keep my feet warm. I had 2 toasty feet and 10 happy little piggies for a week or so until I began to notice my left foot getting a hell of a lot more heat than my right foot. I tried different batteries, rechargeable and alkaline, and at one point I thought because the thermal insole in my right shoe was missing that it might be the cause of the lack of heat but nothing helped. (Having a thermal insole as well helps a hell of a lot tho!!) The right insole does get warm but as far as I can tell the wires are loose and the connection is barely being made. They are quite thin but wear shoes that are a size bigger or you'll burst your shoes like I did! (The shoes were a week old!!)

I also had an issue with the battery holders. I was getting off a bus after a 5 hour journey and felt the battery pack hit my foot. The batteries spilled across the road and I managed to scoop them up but less than a minute after strapping everything to my leg (I'd only taken 10 steps) it happened again. It still happens fairly often and I'm thinking of taking my friend's advice and duct tape them to my legs!

These were fantastic for the week they worked for but not worth the price I paid.
I'll be getting Maplins insoles to replace these

*****UPDATE*****

I've changed these from 3 stars to 1 star. I was trying on boots a few days ago and needed to put the insoles in the shoes to make sure they would fit. I tried 2 pairs of shoes and found that the warm insole had stopped working completely and the hot one is barely warm.

Try these, I've found that they work much better
Maplins Electric heated Insoles

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad by design, 27 Mar 2013
HMijail (just behind you!) - See all my reviews
The battery boxes are so badly designed and manufactured that the final product is totally unreliable.

Each box has a LED which lights up even if the cable is not connected. So the LED is worse than useless: it wastes battery power and gives a false sense of security that the soles are working.

The cables connect via a minijack, but the connection is absurdly unreliable. I only could make sure that the cable was sometimes well connected by using a multimeter! Small movements break the connection. I have had walkmans and portable audio gadgets for more than 20 years, and both expensive and cheap headphones using minijacks; and yet I never saw a minijack with this kind of problem. How did they manage to do it?

And when finally I left the batteries and soles connected for about 2 hours on a table (so, no risk of disconnection), the soles only got as warm as, say, a chair where someone has sit for some minutes. Barely noticeable by touch. (I used rechargeable batteries, 2500 mAh NiMH, freshly recharged)

The soles themselves, freshly unpackaged and still unused, are a bit cracked around the point of entry of the wires (the cracks are millimeters long, in the side of the sole). Doesn't make me think that they will last long.

Summary: I can't imagine this being used on the move, because of the unreliability and uselessly low power.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 20 Nov 2010
this item does not work. when i plugged the heated sole into the battery pack the power light would not operate, it would only operate when nothing was plugged in. to make matters worse the other pack started to smoke. basically, cheap shoddy goods not worth the money... stay well clear.

4.0 out of 5 stars warmawear heated insoles, 7 Mar 2012
had to return first pair as one of the battery packs had stopped working,but had another sent out within 2 days,fast and very efficient service. Second pair working lovely and keep my feet very cosy. Easy to cut to size and put together. Can be transferred quickly to any footwear.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked 3 times and now it's not working any more., 18 Jan 2014
I bought these for me last christmas, I use it 3 times and after that the heat became weaker until it's stopped working.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and dangerous, 11 Mar 2013
The battery container was very poorly made and went up in smoke on the first using.
I would not buy this item it is a dangerous piece of equipment.