4.0 out of 5 stars Transcend 4GB Flash Drive
Published on 12 July 2012 by J. Curran

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing would be an understatement
I own a Canon 5Dii with which i use a couple of Transcend compact flash cards. They are fast and reliable, so in other words great. So you'd think that this would translate to a great usb drive...uummmm no.

Published on 7 May 2011 by Matt B

4.0 out of 5 stars Transcend 4GB Flash Drive, 12 July 2012
J. Curran (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transcend 4GB JetFlash 300 USB Drive (Personal Computers)
This is a good value for money, easy to use flash drive. It looks nice (if that matters) with a black, shiny piano style finish and a tiny blue indicator light to show it is active. As usual with flash drives of this kind, the maker includes a lot of self-advertising - here it is more than most but it's easy to get rid of. The transfer speed is good for my purposes - archiving and backing up Word docs - but I have not tested the stick for any other purpose or for transfers of large amounts of data/content. Other purchasers have mentioned that the dust cap is not quite secure when clicked on and this might be a problem if the stick is likely to be carried around a lot but for desk use this is no real problem. Overall, recommended as a good value, functional product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - Great price, 16 Sep 2011
So far have managed to get almost 3,000 photos onto one of these, very easy & fast. I'm not technical and just want a reliable product that doesn't break the bank, this didn't disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have, 1 Feb 2011
Perfect. Even the cap sits nicely and you don't need to worry about it getting lost, something that happens quite often with this type of Sticks. Been using it for almost 6 months now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged or what?!, 19 May 2011
L. Black - See all my reviews
I never use the lid and always leave it in my jeans and despite the unspeakable filth in my pockets it always works.

This week I excelled myself and left it in my jeans pocket while I washed them. On a hot wash too. I left it on the side for a couple of days to thoroughly dry out, prayed, crossed my fingers then plugged it in. Blow me down it worked and all my files were still on it!

Buy one now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 20 Mar 2011
This review is from: Transcend 4GB JetFlash 300 USB Drive (Personal Computers)
This item is brilliant to use! Easy to use and very sleek, it is perfect! Any one who is looking for a memory stick i recommend this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little flashdrive, 3 Sep 2012
This review is from: Transcend 4GB JetFlash 300 USB Drive (Personal Computers)
Just the job. This flashdrive runs at a very high speed, (one I had by another maker worked like a tortoise on extended leave). I've had no problems with it, & so would be happy to recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Transcend TS16GJF300 16GB JetFlash, 23 Nov 2010
Works well, nice size, but the hole for a mini keyring loop is a little small and close to the edge of the casing.

Speed test:

Burst = 15mb/sec

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it should, 1 Jan 2012
Anne Rutland "upgroom" (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transcend 4GB JetFlash 300 USB Drive (Personal Computers)
Recieved this flash drive and it was very easy to start using. When first pluged into the laptop, software was immedately downloaded and was ready to use. The size of the drive is very small, so small, I do have some concern that I will loose it and was disappointed that it did not come with a clip or strap to attach it to my keys or something else to prevent this. However, the drive works well and I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Transcend 8GB USB Memory Stick, 7 Aug 2011
Bought two of these for use on a netbook running Windows 7 Starter operating system. Worked straight away on plugging into USB port. Data transfer rates are fine when dealing with a mixture of photograph, video and data files. Giving four stars instead of five because although I don't have mine attached to a key ring I wonder how robust the stick would be for this as the hole for attaching is very close to the end. Compact and easy to use piece of kit with excellent delivery time makes this a good buy from this supplier.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing would be an understatement, 7 May 2011

I bought it to store my profile and game saves to switch between 2 xbox 360's. I configured it, copied the profile over and then proceeded to copy a few arcade games to transfer to another xbox. It managed to copy 3 and then refused to copy anymore, checked the key and everything was corrupted (so had to retrieve my gamertag to the console).

The xbox would no longer configure it so i put it in the PC and formatted it. Looked ok, but thought i had better check it by copying 2gb of random files. Got to about 60-70% and it ejected and then reconnected, effectively stuffing the copy. Tried again and same thing but in a different place. Contacted Amazon and am getting a refund.

Reliability is paramount. If you can't trust your storage then it's worthless to me, just like this drive.

Transcend 4GB JetFlash 300 USB Drive