Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£9.99

on 13 June 2012
This review only applies to the RCA/BMG release 1996 edition 'The Original Elvis Presley Collection' 74321906092

I bought this CD thinking that it was the 'Original' release as stated in the title... only I was wrong.

The proper track listing is:
Blue Moon Of Kentucky
Good Rockin' Tonight
Is It So Strange
We're Gonna Move
I Want To Be Free
I Forgot To Remember To Forget.

The CD completely omits:
Young and Beautiful
(You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care
I Want To Be Free
I Forgot To Remember To Forget

Adding instead:
I don't Care if the sun don't shine
Tutti Frutti
I Gonna Sit Down and Cry
I got a Woman
Blue moon
Just Because
One Sided love affair
Let Me.

Ok so you get a load of good songs and I know i'm nit picking! But I really wanted the original track listing rather than a bunch of tunes that have already appeared on previous Golden Records compilations and at the expense of tunes I haven't heard. Not Amazon's fault but if you are a Elvis purist avoid this cobbled together edition.
The album artwork is also nothing like the original and the one displayed which is also really annoying as well.
on 23 January 2012
Great songs, great album, poor edition. Really; avoid this hallmark garbage! The songs have been taken off vinyl and had noise reduction or compression or something and just sound terrible. Save your money and buy the Sony releases instead. You'll thank yourself in the end, believe me...
on 27 November 2014
I Have Just Listened To This Album Again And It Really Is A Superb Album From 1959 That Includes Some Of Elvis Great Recordings From His Sun Records Releases Which Set The Foundations Of Elvis Success .
In My Opinion BLUE MOON OF KENTUCKY Was Crucial For The Album"s First Track ( a personal favorite of mine )
As It Sets Up The Listener To A Great Rocker Of An Album Track After Track , Which Is Exciting And Awe Inspiring Pleasure To The Ears And Deserves It"s Place In History ,
This Is The 2013 Vinyl Edition 180 Gram Vinyl Release From WAX TIME With The British Track Listing Version,
I Know That Some People Would Have Liked The Original U.S.A. Album Track List But To Be Honest This Is A Truly Fantastic Album With Some Great Early Elvis Rock "n Roll Songs , With Great Sound And Vocals Of The Powerful Raw Elvis At His Exciting Best, Treat Yourself To The Vinyl Edition And Sit Back And Enjoy This Fantastic Album...You"ll Be Glad You Did.
on 17 February 2014
This LP by Elvis was the first one I ever bought many years ago, very basic recordings and style,
but that's how it was back then, really happy with Amazon service once again.
on 24 June 2016
Released while elvis was in the army. Made up of some early film songs and a few others. Not a great album by any means but not a bad one either. TCB.
on 19 March 2013
not as good as i expected i thought it would include pictures of elvis whilst he was in germany and some details the quality of the cd was ok
on 30 April 2016
Bought as a gift.i know how excellant this album is.as i have the original from 1959
Superb.
on 24 January 2016
GREAT 2011 GATEFOLD FROM RCA REISSUE ABOUSTLY GREAT MUST FOR ANY ELVIS FANS
on 1 August 2001
This Cd comprises some of Elvis' greatest tracks from the SUN studio in Memphis along with some others from 1957. It is Elvis, nearly at his very best, which maks this CD one of the finest one could hope from any artist or group involved in the Rock genre. The SUN tracks are of course legendary. This was the moment when the youth culture was born and without it, there would have been no Beatles or Rolling Stones. The 60s started here and this moment is ecapsulated in this CD. Miss it at your peril. The RCA recordings from '57 have lost that edge, hence 4 stars and not 5, but nothing remains revolutionary that long! Elvis is still excellant as he sings Baby I Don't Care or the moody Young and Beautiful and these later tracks show why Rock n' Roll could not hold him. He was just far too good a singer; far too accomplished. 4 out of 5 and an excellant buy. I'd recommend it to anyone.
on 1 December 2014