5.0 out of 5 stars Cherub violin tuner
This is a nice little tuner that is quick and easy to use. Clip on, turn on, let the LED's run through their test sequence, pluck a string and read the result.

Published on 28 April 2011 by Norm

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm underwhelmed.
It's simple and easy to use, in common with most electronic tuners. And it recognises the string I'm trying to tune -almost- 50% of the time.

I had to buy another tuner, the Quik Tune Snark, which works far more reliably so far.
Published 6 months ago by LBatik

5.0 out of 5 stars Cherub violin tuner, 28 April 2011
This review is from: Cherub WST-550VM Clip-On Violin and Mandolin Tuner (Electronics)

I find the easiest location for the tuner is bridging the finger board immediately below the scroll (despite the photograph, I have found it virtually impossible to attach to the top of the scroll as shown). In this position the tuner is perfectly visible and does not interfere with the strings.

Make sure you allow a bit of a pause between notes, allowing the tuner to return to 'zero' before trying a further note.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 6 year old can tune her own violin!!!, 7 Feb. 2012
I got this tuner for Christmas for my 6 year old daughter so that I could tune the violin for her, and to my amazement she can tune now her violin on her own!!!! great gadget!I thought wouldn't work, I really recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute gem!, 27 Dec. 2011
Such a simple, easy to use gadget, I won't leave home without it now, its taken all the annoyance out of tuning,especially as I dont have a great ear. Perfect for beginners who are nervous about tuning, you can't go wrong thanks to this little gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great little mandolin tuner, 13 Sept. 2012
This is an extremely simple product to use.
Very accurate at a very reasonable price.
I have used similar products and find this to be streets ahead of the others.
The tuner was delivered quickly and was well wrapped in a padded envelope which kept it safe.
Very impresssed with both the company and the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty gadget, 18 Dec. 2012
M. P. Campbell (UK) - See all my reviews
Works remarkably well for such a small inexpensive device, and very very easy to use. Literally just clips on and all you have to do is adjust while watching the lights.

5.0 out of 5 stars cherub Wst550vm clip on violin and mandolin tuner, 12 Feb. 2014
Great product., very easy and fast to use. My daughter had no problem tuning her mandolin. Delivery was very prompt and it arrived in excellent condition. I also thought the price was very reasonable. I would have no hesitation recommending this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Violin Tuner, 25 July 2013
This is a neat little gadget. Fits easily into a violin case and shows very clearly whether strings are sharp or flat. It would make a lovely Christmas present for a violinist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes all the fiddling out of tuning, 28 Mar. 2014
C. Green "book worm" (UK) - See all my reviews
I got this quite soon after I started to learn violin due to the length of time it was taking me to get my instrument in tune each time using an online tuner.
It is very easy to use.
You clip it to the top peg board and ping the string,then watch the lights.
Get it to green for the string you want and repeat with each other string.
I usually go back down the strings afterwards to check them.
When I have put new strings on, it is extremely useful because you can choose to 'almost' tune each one and then leave them and come back and tweak them as you are advised with the instructions for your strings.
The tuner fits in the end compartment in my violin case.

5.0 out of 5 stars My granddaughter is delighted with this tuner, 2 Nov. 2013
John Boy (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
It wasn't until I was writing an Amazon review of a clip-on guitar tuner that it occurred to me to see if there is an equivalent for violins. Our granddaughter is learning the violin and can tune it if it's not too far out of tune. However, journeys from home to school can play havoc with the tuning so this little tuner was worth a try. Apparently, she is delighted with it and declared "the violin is now in perfect tune" after first use. Given that she's always had a very good ear for pitch, that's praise indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cherub is my favourite. It responds immediatey to the source, 26 July 2014
I have been paying guitar and mandolin for over 25 years and tried many different tuners. The Cherub is my favourite. It responds immediatey to the source, and is accurate on both guitar and mandolin. Very cear and simpe dispay with minimum options to mess things up. Good smal shape that fits conveniently into the case with spare strings. I'm such a fan of this device I've just ordered my third so that I have one in each instrument case. At this price they're amazing value too. Unreservedly recommend.