4.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Book Which I Contributed To.......
I was lucky to get this book before it's official release date after having a letter I wrote to Gloria included in this new book.

Published on 22 Sep 2008 by L. Calland

3.0 out of 5 stars Gloria
I bought this book for my late wife as she was a Gloria Hunniford fan, personally I thought she was over the top with her grief,
Published 9 months ago by K. E. Beckett

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Book Which I Contributed To......., 22 Sep 2008
L. Calland "Liam" (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Always with You (Hardcover)

Off the back of Gloria Hunniford's first book "Next To You" I sent a letter to Gloria saying how amazing the book was, and how the same feelings she had felt losing her daughter, were very similar to the ones I had felt when I lost my dad 5 years ago when I was only 20. After I sent that letter I thought nothing more of it, until I received a letter back a month ago saying Gloria wanted to include part of that letter in this new book. I was very touched and very proud to have my letter included in the book out of over 12,000 letters Gloria received. My dad always dreamt he would be in a book, and from the inspiring words he gave me when he was battling prostate cancer, I have made it a reality. Look out for the letter from "Liam".

Anyway I read this book very quickly, and found it just as good as the first one. This time though it has many of the letters and stories from the people that took the time to write into Gloria and share their own feelings, and show Gloria that she was not going through something on her own. The book details how Gloria began to continue with her life after losing her daughter. The days when you don't want to continue life, but you have to. Grief is a disease and one that you don't fully get over, but learn to live with and this book shows that. You never stop thinking about the person that you lost, but you begin to live some sort of semi normal life.

Anyone who has lost someone dear to them will find this book a comfort, and show that even when you get the most silly feelings,many others will have felt EXACTLY the same. I hope my words in the book help many others going through grief. A book that will make you cry for certain, but will also help and give you the strength to try and rebuild your life.

Life can throw the worst of the worst at you, but this book shows that even then you can still laugh once again when you never thought you could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, 10 Oct 2008
Ms. EK INNS "eleanor4u" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Always with You (Hardcover)
My brother was tragically killed 10 weeks ago, when he was only home for 3 days from where he has been working in Austria. He was a passenger in a car when a some timber fell off a van coming in the opposite direction, came through the window and killed him instantly, leaving the driver unhurt.

My Mum had found huge comfort in reading this book by Gloria. It was recommended to her by my sisters health visitor and she has been reading it on and off since the accident. We have struggled to receive any help from bereavement councellers and Mum wanted to be able to know that others feel the way she is feeling. From reading this book, although Caron dies in totally different circumstances, Gloria went through some of the same feelings which Mum is going through now. I want to thank Gloria for publishing such a great book which has been helping Mum throgh the hardest thing she has ever had to deal with in her life.

Its a shame that we have come across this book in such terrible circumstances but praise Gloria for her writing this book after dealing with the grief of losing her own daughter. No one will ever know the pain this involves unless it has happened to them and to all those who think it another money making book, then they are wrong because this has immensly helped my Mum.

4.0 out of 5 stars some profound and helpful writing, 4 Oct 2008
Suze (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Always with You (Hardcover)
The obvious focus of the book is on dealing with/coping with the death of a child. My reason for reading it is that my wonderful husband suddenly - although perfectly healthy - dropped dead almost two years ago. Whilst much of the book is directed at bereaved parents I found a lot of it extremely helpful - yes, it provoked tears and yes, I did find the slight feeling that Gloria thinks the death of a child is the worst loss rather hard to take. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who has suffered a bereavement that they are finding hard to come to terms with - it has definitely helped me at a difficult time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very emotional, 20 Dec 2008
S. Balloo "Saesha" (Essex England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Always with You (Hardcover)
I took this book on holiday with me in the last 2 weeks to read. I found it very emotional reading it. Having lost a baby son 28 yrs ago that lived just 4 days with a hyper plastic left heart. Reading the letters and stories and Gloria's words I now realise that it doesn't matter what age you loose your child, be it 1 day old to 50 yrs old the pain is the same. The feelings and thoughts in this book made me realise I am not alone. Your child is your baby no matter what age they die at. Gloria saw her daughter marry and have two lovely children, I can only wonder if my son would have married by now and had children, what sort of person would he be, what would he look like etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gloria, 20 Nov 2013
K. E. Beckett - See all my reviews
This review is from: Always with You (Hardcover)
and seemed to think she was the only person who had suffered such a loss. I can understand where she is coming from as losing a much loved one is a massive blow, but she seemed to want want the whole world to know how much she was grieving and
to my mind she lacked dignity. Some may find this a little harsh but it is what I feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars You are not alone those feelings and thoughts are totally normal. - A very moving book., 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Always with You (Kindle Edition)
I was recommended this book from a lady who I met, who's son died when he was 21. She said that she kept it by her bed and read it when she was able. It's taken her four years to read it.
I lost my daughter in a car crash Oct 2012 aged 19. I downloaded a sample thinking perhaps I'm not ready to read it yet. It soon become very apparent that I needed to read the whole book. It gave the feeling you are not alone. Those feelings are perfectly normal. I must admit there is a big difference between a child dying from an illness to one that is snatched from this world in a car crash. The lack of ability to say good bye is enormous and is one that I struggle with. I guess that is why it was helpful to have other people's stories included. It also made me think perhaps we should all put into writing our own stories but perhaps nobody would want to read them. But maybe they might.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loss is experienced by us all at some point..........., 19 July 2010
LJC (Walsall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Always with You (Paperback)
This book is excellent. I do not have children and therefore obviously will never go through what Gloria has/is but I found the book to be very open and honest in trying to deal with such a delicate and sometimes avoided subject. It makes you understand the reality and emotion of someone is going through grief regardless of whether it be that of a child/partner/parent/family member. It also make you realise that grieving people need to talk about their emotions and have people recognise and voice their loss rather than ignore it. I lost my Nan about 12 years back and I will never get over it - this book makes you realise that you never do but you learn to live with it. Highly recommend both of Gloria's books about Caron.

5.0 out of 5 stars A ray of hope., 31 Oct 2009
S. Ramshaw (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Always with You (Hardcover)
Like many I purchased this book following a tragedy in my life.

The death of a close relative is simply devastating.

This book helped me enormously. It enabled me to understand my own feelings and the feelings of those most affected by our loss. Most importantly, it helped me begin the grieving process.

A bible for the bereaved. A remarkable book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Caron, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Always with You (Kindle Edition)
Very well written book just has good has the first one hope you write one more now the boys are older

4.0 out of 5 stars Gloria Hunnifords tribute to her daughter Caron, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Always with You (Kindle Edition)
Its a tear jerker of the life of Gloroa Hunniford daughter Caron. A very moving book full of hope and sadness after the loss of a very close relative. It an inspiring book...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›