5.0 out of 5 stars Not a splitter but a switcher
Ok, from the rating and the title you may be confused about what I think of this item, but I really do love it - the title is because I want to highlight the fact that this box is not what I would call a splitter. What this box does, is enable those of you with nice posh TV and computer and broadband internet, to hook up, both the TV and the computer monitor so that at...
Published on 30 Jan 2010 by vh1967

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a direct pass through
This box allows you to switch between monitors or use 1 monitor for two machines. However, it does not allow configuration information to be detected by the PC, in my case my PC can no longer recognize my monitor and so defaults to windows standard screen resolutions. The closest I can get is 1600x1025 whereas my monitor in 1680x1050. I have updated the monitor and...
Published on 30 Dec 2010 by Skipper

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Delivery, 23 Jun 2010
This review is from: VGA Manual Monitor Switch Box Splitter 2 Port Way (Electronics)
Quick delivery, very handy device which saves me changing wires from my games console to my computer

5.0 out of 5 stars vga switch used for xbox 360, 20 Jun 2010
B. Robinson - See all my reviews
cant fault, excellent for switching my 360 from my monitor to tv, monitor is 1650x1080 res and tv is 1080p, no resolution problems. fast delivery too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful piece of kit., 17 Jun 2010
Daniel Smedley "Dan Smeds" (North Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
As other reviews have stated, this isn't a splitter but a switcher, but it can be used in two ways:
Allow a single source to select between one of two outputs, e.g. Switch the output of a computer between a monitor and a TV
Or, as I am using it, you can have one output switch between two inputs, in my case I can switch my 19" LCD monitor between displaying output from my laptop and my Xbox 360.
Whereas a splitter goes from source A --> Output 1 AND Output 2
This switcher is either: Source A --> Output 1 OR Output 2 or Source A OR Source B --> Output 1
If you want a single display to be shared between two sources, you need a switcher, not a splitter.

The product itself is very good, although a little bit on the light side, I could imagine it being dragged off a desk by the weight of three VGA cables, however it feels sturdy, has nice tactile buttons that give a nice "click" when you switch sources and there's no observable loss in quality. I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars SVGA VGA Manual Monitor Switch Box Splitter 2 Port Way, 17 May 2010
Great little product, does exactly what it says on the tin and doesn't take up much space. No power supply needed either, just plug in your two devices, connect it up to your TV and away you go. Perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars SVGA box splitter, 2 May 2010
A. Lemster (UK) - See all my reviews
It does exactly what it says. Works 100%, no problems.
Good supplier, many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, 18 April 2010
Better than the KVM I had, all those bulky cables are a thing of the past

5.0 out of 5 stars Great switch, 14 Mar 2010
Ben Bell (UK, York) - See all my reviews
This is a very good idea, works well and it is made of metal so it is very stong, the only bad this is the weight, it is very light, which is good for some people, although I have mine on top of my computer and when you have wires plugges in the back, the wires try to pull it off the top of the computer, but a bit of bluetack solved that problem

5.0 out of 5 stars SVGA VGA Manual Monitor switch splitter 2 port way., 3 Mar 2010
John D. Harman "JDH" (Chigwell UK) - See all my reviews
SVGA VGA Manual Monitor Switch Box Splitter 2 Port Way Received this some time ago slow giving a review, received promptly and delighted with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad for our needs, 20 Nov 2011
First... out of the box, it didn't work. I needed it to switch from my hubby's X-box 360 to his PC - B worked, A didn't - why, I don't know. Put the PC to B - it worked but distorted the resolution on the screen. Simply put, a bad product for modern use. They need to recall them and make them to work with whatever a person might need. Besides that, they feel lightweight and cheaply made, so I guess for 7+lbs, you get what you pay for, and in this case, we got a black box, with two buttons and three blues connectors in the back. A conversation piece? Whatever... not happy. Not even sure if it's worth the bother to send back.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't do the job for Mac, 18 Mar 2011
Doesn't let me switch between my Mac and PC, maybe because the resolution on my Mac is too high for it (my PC runs at a much lower resolution). Doesn't mention any such restriction in the specs.

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›