on 17 July 2010
This is a really nifty little device. If (like me) you have a LCD/Plasma TV, and a PC, and want to be able to connect your PC to your TV as well as your monitor (and don't have two graphics cards in your PC!!) then this is perfect! We now have everything connected via this device, so if I fancy relaxing on the sofa while using the PC, all I do is flick the switch & there you are - PC on your TV!! Bear in mind though, this is a 'switch' device. Thus, you can choose / switch between two monitors - either one or the other, NOT both at the same time! Oh yes - and one of the reviewers of this product wrote that you can't change the resolution using this device (which bothered me when ordering). I can say though, upon having now received the item: YES YOU CAN CHANGE THE RESOLUTION!!! (I think some people need to learn the basics of IT!!!) Great little product.
on 22 June 2012
I have two computers, one for general work and one exclusively for photos and film. I wanted to use both on one monitor so a switch would be ideal. I sought a lot of advice and read a lot of reviews before buying the Konig switch. It is not the cheapest and reviews seemed OK. They were not!

I fitted it and switched on. Right away I could tell I had made a mistake. The monitor set up for both pcs was not recognized, everything was the wrong size, the wrong format and blurred. Having taken note of reviews I used high quality cables to connect so this was not the problem.

If, like me, you want quality and efficiency, do what I am going to do, buy a separate monitor and accept the loss of desk space.

Don't buy this switch.

Zero stars.
on 23 September 2011
I thought I'd identified a problem with this switch box when I first set it up but now have it working perfectly between two desktop PCs and one LCD flatscreen TV.

I still have no idea what exactly I did to remedy the problem but to begin with the screen output from port A was jaded. With my newer Dell plugged into port A the screen was tinted magenta. With the old ASUS custom build plugged into that port the screen was tinted pink!

Strange thing was that the screen wasn't tinted to begin with... it only happened when I swapped FROM source A or B, then straight back again. It didn't seem to matter which was selected to begin with but only port A would show the problem.

Anyway, after about half an hour of swapping the cables over, turning them around and general experimentation I stumbled upon a configuration that works perfectly. I have no idea what I did wrong to begin with (or what I did right to fix it!) and am a bit loathed to unplug everything & troubleshoot the problem from scratch but the point is everything works fine now, so there can't be anything wrong with the unit itself.

In regards to the switch box as a purchase... I'm chuffed as nuts. It's inexpensive, it fulfils a highly useful function, it's small & inconspicuous... and it works!

Construction wise it's quite robust. There's no major technical wizardry inside it, just a brace of toggle switches, so there's nothing that's likely to break in a great hurry.
The buttons themselves are plastic and don't exactly have a high quality feel to them but for the money I'm certainly not complaining!

Other than the (solved) issue above I've had no graphical problems with this unit. No ghosting, card / compatibility issues or distortion, etc. Haven't tried any resolutions above 1024 X 768 because I have no need to but at 1024 X 768 the thing performs just fine.

On a final note, I have to say I was seriously impressed with the diminutive size of the unit. I had honestly visualised it being about 4 times bigger and was very pleasantly surprised when I realised how tiny it is. Though the photo's arguably make it look bigger, it's actually about the same size as a box of Maltesers... though it doesn't contain any... trust me, I checked!
on 11 February 2011
I found myself having the problem after buying a new computer with windows 7 that quite a lot of the software in my collection wasn't compatible. Having only room for 1 monitor I decided to buy this Splitter which allows me to use my old & new pc on the one monitor. It does exactly as it says on the tin. A definite saving on having to replace lots of expensive and farmiliar software. I'm more than pleased, Ivan....
on 19 May 2013
This item is terrible. It has no screening whatsoever and the signal suffers badly. Even with only one PC and monitor connected, the onscreen image suffered blurring - headache assured within a few minutes! This regardless of the different in/outputs and layouts I tried. I'm an electronics tech and have much experience of fitting such devices and this one was not only awful in performance, but it looks very much like the kind of "homebrew" radio kits you can buy from the likes of Lowe and Ten Tec. Low quality, but do the job if well assembled. The difference being that this didn't work for me at all. It would be much better if the maker used mini-coax for the internal wires instead of the thin, cheap stuff currently used.
I ended up buying a VGA splitter cable and female to female 9-pin adapter (available here on Amazon) and it worked straight away, with no hassle, and cost less.
I recommend you avoid this item unless you are prepared to screen it yourself.
on 17 June 2010
As other reviews have stated, this isn't a splitter but a switcher, but it can be used in two ways:
Allow a single source to select between one of two outputs, e.g. Switch the output of a computer between a monitor and a TV
Or, as I am using it, you can have one output switch between two inputs, in my case I can switch my 19" LCD monitor between displaying output from my laptop and my Xbox 360.
Whereas a splitter goes from source A --> Output 1 AND Output 2
This switcher is either: Source A --> Output 1 OR Output 2 or Source A OR Source B --> Output 1
If you want a single display to be shared between two sources, you need a switcher, not a splitter.

The product itself is very good, although a little bit on the light side, I could imagine it being dragged off a desk by the weight of three VGA cables, however it feels sturdy, has nice tactile buttons that give a nice "click" when you switch sources and there's no observable loss in quality. I would recommend this.
on 6 April 2012
Works just fine, but does not pass through the resolutions supported by the screen, which can make configuration very hard. As a result of this, I find myself just swapping over the cables in the back of my monitor instead as the resolutions are auto detected and saves a lot of trouble.
on 15 January 2011
This is a basic un-intelligent A/B switch box for connecting 2 PCs to one monitor. It works fine if only one PC is switched on. However, if both PCs are on, it cannot switch between the two and hangs on the A or B connection, whichever was selected on powering up.
on 2 March 2011
Such a simple neat solution to keeping your old PC and your new PC running at the same time on one monitor, there's no setting up to do if you have two vga leads with male plugs on both ends, and it doesn't cause any ghosting of images when both machines are on.
on 20 October 2013
I needed some form of splitter or switch so that I could have my desktop computer permanently connected to my computer monitor and occasionally use the same monitor for my laptop. This product enabled me to connect it (the switch box) to my monitor with a standard male to male VGA cable. I then connected my desktop to the switch box's 'A' input with the same type of cable and then a third VGA cable into the 'B' input which I can now connect to my laptop's display output whenever I wish. There are 'A' and 'B' switches on the front of this unit which enable me to select which computer I wish to display in my monitor.

If you just need to share a display monitor and not a keyboard and mouse, this product will do the job perfectly. It's amazingly inexpensive as well.