5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, very useful for the gym!
This product has made my gym career much easier! Before, when i used to lift dumbbells, i used to get a lot of bruises and my hands used to hurt because of them.

Published on 29 Jan. 2009 by TotallydubbedHD

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripping Time
Published on 22 Feb. 2012 by Frog

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, very useful for the gym!, 29 Jan. 2009
TotallydubbedHD "Tech Reviewer" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Now that i have these gloves, they make lifting weights less stressful on the hand. However, don't think you will get an advantage of using them, as you will still be lifting the weight that you are looking at above your head :D

I am no way a pro, but from my little experience, and my 2x a week at the gym, i can say that these gloves have helped me a lot, not only for weights, but rowing and other exercises that demand pulling or pushing with your hands.

On a final note, the mesh means that your hands breath when exercising, whereas other products don't let you do this!

Hope that helps a little!
Dubbed

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripping Time, 22 Feb. 2012
Used these gloves 4 times, each time I got black hands, that was really hard to get off. The final time I used these gloves the leather ripped and the stitching came undone down the index and middle fingers! They were also very uncomfortable to use, as the double stitched leather seems were in all the wrong places for gripping anything! I Will definatley stay away from using these gloves in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thin, 10 Nov. 2010
Mr. M. Zorba (london uk) - See all my reviews
Brought XL and just about fits even though my hands ain't too big.
The quality is also very thin.

They do the job but i don't see these gloves lasting very long and for the price i'm sure there has to be something better out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 5 April 2011
These gloves are well worth the money. Ideal for beginners or those lifting moderate weight. Can be a little uncomfortable when lifting heavier loads.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, but quite tight, 5 Jun. 2011
SSB "SSB" (Birmingham U.K) - See all my reviews
I ordered large although I am usually medium, but still the gloves felt a little tight, the padding on the palm felt uncomfortable as the joins in the seam pressed against my palm when lifting heavy weights when bench or shoulder pressing. I've returned the gloves, and will be buying different ones from Amazon. Amazon customer service was great in returns and refunds.

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not last that long, 25 May 2012
This review is from: Golds Gym Mesh Back Gloves (Apparel)
Had these for 6 months now and unfortunately the leather has split (I used them for weight training 4 times a week). However before these I had the normal Golds Gym gloves (the non mesh pair). Those lasted the best part of 2 years so I will be going back to them. I suppose the benefit of the mesh is that your hands stay cooler, personally I didn't notice much of a difference compared to the non mesh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a grip. These are great for long-term heavy use., 1 Mar. 2015
These gloves are the bees knees in terms of quality for the money. The black leather allows you to grip weights both tightly and comfortably helping you avoid blisters and chaffing. Some reviewers have mentioned having black or blue colouring on their hands after a workout. This is normal. As you lift heavy weights and sweat while grinding the leather against your skin you will find that a little bit of the dye in the gloves gets onto your hands along with tiny bits of material. If you think about it what other material do you wear that has to put up with being wrapped around bars of metal with fine grips rubbing against the material over and over again as you lift weights, pull down bars from above or press down while holding rope? These gloves are designed to take a pounding and they do it well.

The mesh backing does a great job of reducing how sweaty your hands get during a workout. I've trained with full leather gloves and I can tell you my hands were black and blue after each workout for months but with these gloves the staining tends to wear off after about ten sessions. You can greatly reduce that by washing them I'm told but I'd rather just let the dye leak out naturally. It will remind you to wash your hands after each workout if nothing else.

I started with the medium size but over time I've switched to large. Medium will take hands up to a palm width of around 8cm after which they will become somewhat snug. The large gloves will take a palm width of up to 10cm. There's not much difference in them to be honest and the velcro allows you to pull the larger gloves tight if your hands are 8-9cm across the palm (from above thumb to side of your pinkie). Mine are 9cm and I can wear either but the larger are more comfortable.

One last point I'd like to mention is the stitching. I lift heavy weights 3-4 times a week and the stitching will last a year after which it will start to split around the thumb as this is where the most friction occurs. When this happens I just get some black cotton and stitch it up myself. My last pair of gloves lasted 7 years with me having to do a little bit of sewing once a year. I'm only now replacing them because I've worn the leather out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 28 Oct. 2010
Mr. P. J. Kennedy "P J Kennedy" (Bham, WM, UK) - See all my reviews
I have got through many gym gloves over the past couple of years. The mesh design though slightly uncomfortable at first feel fine after they have been used a couple of times. The Mesh design stops the build up of sweat within the glove during exercise, a problem i find in when using most gloves.

I have only used the gloves 5 times so far and thus durability is unknown but i cant see any obvious problems. The leather pads have a large amount of padding. will report any other issues with durability later.

Overall a good product for the price

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 20 Aug. 2013
Mr. La Gammon - See all my reviews
These I have used for over a year (I have never had a pair from any company last that long) and they are still in one piece.

Only two things I would advice anyone getting them.

1. I usually fit a large glove but these are slightly too big for my hands
2. Don't put them in the wash just put them in a sink of soapy water and dry them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost made to last, 14 April 2014
Culleton (Winchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Golds Gym Mesh Back Gloves (Apparel)
I've had this product for 4 years and they're just starting to fray around the bit where the thumb meets the index finger - not bad considering they've been used on average 3-4 times a week, every week (almost) since late 2010. This also includes putting them in the washing machine periodically. As they are starting to deteriorate I'm looking for the exact same product but unfortunately the Amazon stockists aren't currently holding them in my size. This is frustrating, but such is the quality of them, I'm holding out until they do so - I'm not settling for anything else.

Golds Gym Mesh Back Gloves