Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Refreshed in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

on 16 July 2011
After reading reviews about these gloves everybody seemed to say they were tight fitting and you should buy the size above to make sure they fit you.

I don't think these people understand what size their hands are. I have large hands and always buy size large for other gloves such as disposable / winter cotton ones.

I decided to ignore everyone's advice and just buy the gold gym training gloves in size large and when I first put them on yes they were a little tight but that's normal because it's brand new leather that hasn't been worn yet. After 10 minutes of wearing them and wearing them in a bit they fit me perfectly.

Another reviewer said the inner seam on one of the fingers was rubbing & hurting their little finger. Well...mine doesn't - they must have bought the wrong size gloves or have a defective pair. Mine are perfectly comfortable.

If I had bought the extra large pair they would of been far too big and would of wasted my money. Buy the size your normally buy !

Very comfortable, great quality, look good & do what they are supposed to do...protect your hands when you are lifting weights !

These gloves look very durable, they should last me a very long time.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2012
Bought these gloves after months of weight training, hands were taking a bit of a beating. I consider my hand to be pretty big, so large seemed a good option, and they fit great. From the top of my wrist to the top of middle finger is 7.5 inches, if that gives a reference to anyone for sizing. They for pretty snug, but comfortable. The stiching is sturdy as far as i can say and the leather feels sturdy also. For the price they're a steal, well worth getting if your into weights and don't know which ones to buy.
on 4 January 2011
I bought these gloves as a gift for my brother-in-law and he is delighted with them. They are good quality gloves with good grip for weight lifting.
on 31 December 2014
I decided to buy this product because one of the weight lifters in the gym uses them and he has made very good process in the gym since he started last year.

The gloves are made of high quality material and have an appropriate design. They are made of a reinforced double stitched leather and have a flexible spandex material present on the forehand area. There is an elasticised strip present on the wrist which is a particularly useful feature.

In use I found them to be very comfortable and fitted very well indeed. There are a significant amount of tips available online about body-building which is often overwhelming to new starers and one important tip I would give is to grip each bar hard with gloves as it makes a big difference to how much you can lift and it stabilises motion more. They are most useful for the bench press and they are not the same as wrist wraps which is completely different.

After using the gloves for about 6 months I have found that they are durable and overall I have not had any problems with them.
on 15 March 2011
I recently purchased these gloves. They are a comfortable fit and are well padded on the palm. Ideal for weight training. Overall, a good quality product, well priced.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 12 April 2015
I have been using these gloves for many years. The reason is that they are well-made for a specific purpose. The gloves aid gripping without slippage with bars and dumbells, but personally they don't damage the palm skin. At first they may be stiff but after use they soon become malleable and fit the hands with flexibility. I have found they are durable, lasting at least a year. They do suffer wear and tear mainly across the middle area. The velchrome wrist binder is excellent ensuring a tight fit. Trying to take them off after a workout is a good indicator of their effectiveness. A good sweat factor. Excellent.
on 18 September 2015
These are pretty solid beginners weight lifting gloves.
After some faffing around trying to find my size, I can safely say I'm pleased with the purchase.

I do weight training 2x a week, but I've only been doing this for a little over a year. When I first started, because I found myself straining an awful lot I started to get painful blisters, they use to turn really ugly and be so damn painful. So in the end I decided to invest in some gym gloves. Yes! they do the job which is all I'm asking for. You want them to be just a little tight fitting at first, but they will adjust over time you need a snug fit should I say.

These will do for now, but I'd highly recommend if you are serious about getting into lifting weights I would buy some better quality ones i.e (more expensive) but if this is something you're a little hazy about then don't go spending too much on some fancy gloves.
on 21 March 2015
Although not much leather and smells and feels like pleather, vinyl, the fake stuff on sofas. The gloves however, do the job. My previous pair of leather York gloves were way better though, and when these tire I will be getting another pair of the York ones as they were perfect for me in the fit, and had a lovely fresh leather smell. I can't fault the delivery of the company as these arrived way before the quoted date.
I must note that I have small hands, and normally a medium will fit. I ordered a medium recently and these were so small I could not get my fingers in. To save the bother I just ordered extra large because even if they were too big they would fit. If I had ordered the large and they were too small the hassle of printing and returning was to troublesome. For me extra room is fine and all's good.
on 13 January 2012
I purchased these gloves from amazon on the strength of the positive review of other customers. I wasn't disappointed, the gloves are of very good quality and have had no issues with them in the month that I've been using them. I had previously purchased other lifting gloves only to find them coming apart at the seams after 1 or 2 weightlifting sessions; so far at least these gloves are holding up well. They were a little snug at first but after a couple of uses they loosened up. They are very comfortable and whilst there aren't straps for the wrists I have found they provide reasonable support. I have injured one of my wrists in the past but have not experienced any problems with it since purchasing these. I would definitely recommend them.
on 3 October 2013
These are my first pair of weight lifting gloves so I have nothing to compare them to, but these gloves at least are super comfortable, fit really nicely and are very durable. They smell nice too.
A lot of the reviews for this suggest getting a size bigger than what you normally buy, however I personally would advise against that. I ordered medium like I normally do for gloves and admittedly they are a tight fit, but I wouldn't want them any looser, especially as they need wearing in room and a loose fit risks blisters.
I highly recommend this glove for anyone who is lifting weights and wants some padding and/or some extra grip.