5.0 out of 5 stars Razor Spark Scooter
We bought this scooter as a birthday present for our son in November, he thinks it's fantastic, it's a great, fun and quality product. Its so popular that father Christmas has at least six on his list in our area.
Highly recommended product.
Published on 13 Dec. 2009 by Mr. D. J. Ashton

1.0 out of 5 stars Steering
It seemed fine for a few weeks - a bit heavy on the cartridges but sparks looked really impressive. However the steering has completely seized up. Am looking into exchanging...
Published on 5 Jun. 2011 by geoff

5.0 out of 5 stars Razor Spark Scooter, 13 Dec. 2009
Mr. D. J. Ashton (UK) - See all my reviews
Highly recommended product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Steering, 5 Jun. 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars RAZOR SPARK SCOOTER, 1 Nov. 2009
A. McCallum (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor Spark Kick Scooter (Sports)
The scooter has been a great success. Its lightweight and easy to fold. However the replacement cartridges are expensive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sticker Hell - Avoid, 8 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Razor Spark Kick Scooter (Sports)
The scooter itself arrived quickly and in good condition....with the exception of all the safety stickers that are simply impossible to remove. One is right across the entire footplate and covers up the name RAZOR made from a rough grip material....ironic that the grip on the footplate that is supposed to make it safer to ride is hidden by a shiny and slippery (non-removable) "Safety" sticker that is undoubtedly a safety hazard itself.
I have never left reviews on Amazon before and would admit if I read my own review I would simply (and probably arrogantly) put it down to a moaning idiot that has no clue about removing stickers with soapy warm water etc..... don't be fooled.....these are stickers from Beelzebub himself. How stupid was the H&S fool working for RAZOR that suggested welding them to the scooter!! Hope they have been sacked. I will be returning and buying another scooter. If I had wanted a badly scratched 2nd hand looking scooter I would have gone to ebay...AVOID

5.0 out of 5 stars oh happy days, 12 Jan. 2010
Joanne Mcglue (cavan Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor Spark Kick Scooter (Sports)
wow what a fab product. delivered within days of my order put together really easy and when my young lad began to operate it the squeals of delight were just fantastic, all the friends want one they are so impressed. as this product isnt in our shops at the present time this was my first time to order toys on line and i was really impressed. wouldnt recommend the scooter for a child more than age 13 as the bar cant be extended all the way up.

1.0 out of 5 stars sparks fizzle out, 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Razor Spark Kick Scooter (Sports)
I bought this for my daughter's 9th birthday specifically for the spark feature. She opened it on sunday ( 3 days ago) has used it for 2 days but not that much and by yesterday all the sparks cartridge had been used up. I received an email today from Amazon advertising replacement spark cartridges for £12.99. If they only last 2 days this is going to be an expensive toy. I am really disappointed by this and feel this is yet more gimmicky advertising for products that have no real substance or quality to them. A total waste of money as the overall quality of the scooter itself is not that good either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Jan. 2010
N. Wilsonlock (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor Spark Kick Scooter (Sports)
Bought 2 of these. Absolutely fantastic. The kids love them. Only slight critisism is that the spark bit has worn down quite quickly - although there is a spare in the box. Have had other scooters but these are a really smooth ride!Great present and arrived in good time for Christmas.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality for price, 29 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Razor Spark Kick Scooter (Sports)
My 8 year old son has had this scooter now for 2 months. Initially he loved it, especially the sparks, but in this short period of time:

- the spark bracket at the back got easily bent, and we couldnt load the cartridge for sparks (in first week!).
- then the spark bracket broke.
- the folding mechanism is stuck and we can't fold it anymore.
- the bracket which allows you to raise and lower the handle bars came loose and all the parts are now missing (we've improvised with duck tape and a jubilee clip to keep it together).

These same problems have also happened to his friends who have the same scooters. They use their scooters a lot, but do not overly abuse them and don't use in a scooter park.

He'll be getting a new scooter for Christmas, but won't be buying this make again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Jan. 2010
B. Tempest (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor Spark Kick Scooter (Sports)
This is great scooter my little boy love's it. The order came within 3 days very good service.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool scooter; stingy sparks., 28 Aug. 2013
maharGharaS (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razor Spark Kick Scooter (Sports)
My son was thrilled to receive this, having seen ads for it. The price seemed reasonable but I warned him that the replacement spark cartridges looked pricey. He took it out to play & wowed himself & friends, but was inside within an hour saying that the sparks cartridge was already running low. Now, I have no experience of these things but I'd really have hoped that it would last longer than a couple of outings before I'd have to buy a replacement cartridge. The scooter itself is great, after the first go.

EDIT: I've been looking at a couple of other reviews which have mentioned that a spare replacement sparks cartridge was listed on the Amazon page but not included in the box. I saw this & it influenced me to buy the scooter, reasoning that we'd have a spare on hand immediately. I am going to complain to Amazon about this & will update this review accordingly.

2nd EDIT: Amazon accepted there was a discrepancy between the iPad app & the website descriptions & sent me a free spark cartridge in recognition of this. Within a day or so the metal but holding the spark cartridge on fell off, with no rough use after just a fortnight or owning the scooter, so I have asked for & received a refund. We've bought a plain, no sparks, basic JD Bug model, also from Amazon, & it seems to be better made & more robust. I wish we'd bought that first!!