5.0 out of 5 stars JBL Speakers System.
The sound is out of this world i have had a number of different speakers for my pc and JLB beat all of them hands down....
Published on 19 July 2011 by Richie Rich

2.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely disappointed
Published 14 months ago by H. Z. Ali

2.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely disappointed, 5 Oct 2013
H. Z. Ali (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I had the JBL Creature II set for about 6, maybe 7 years, which was the best £50 or so I've spent on any product. Sound was great, the bass was good for such a small speaker set and what more could you ask for in terms of value for money. They were absolutely awesome but finally, as with all things, they came to the end of their lives earlier this summer! I wanted to buy another set but JBL no longer did them, instead offering the Creture III set. How different could it be, right?

Well, quite a bit actually if you're used to JBL Creature II.

Firstly, the length of the wires on the speakers was quite a bit shorter, meaning I had to reposition my monitors somewhat to ensure I could place the speakers appropriately so they would reach the subwoofer.

Secondly, no lights on the speakers and no 'click' when increasing/reducing volume so sometimes I'm not sure if the volume buttons are even working, nevermind the speakers (when there's no sound say, you can't tell whether it's the speakers, the mute is on, is the volume going up? etc).

Still, the above two things are annoying, but that's all they were. An annoyance. Easily dealt with, even if you didn't want to.

The third thing you'll notice is the sound quality is not the same. ALmost but not quite, especially given the smaller sizes of the speakers and the bass. Where before, you could really pump the volume on the Creature II, this third incarnation seemed more dainty, soft; almost precious. I dared not ever pump the volume on it, for fear of damaging them beyond repair.

FEAR NOT. Because after just shy of 4 months, and regardless that I tried to be as careful with them as possible, KAPUT. Gone. £63 for a sound system that lasted 4 months.

I know I could just be one of the unfortunate ones and every other person could have a perfect set that they sleep with but I am wholly disappointed and would not recommend anybody purchases these.

5.0 out of 5 stars JBL Speakers System., 19 July 2011
This review is from: JBL Creature III 2.1 Powered Speaker System for iPad 2/3/4/Mini, iPhone 3G/3GS/4/4S/5/5/5C, iPod Touch 5th Gen, iPod Nano 7th Gen - White (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fusion of sound and style, 8 Aug 2012
I got these speakers for around £55 and I am very impressed by the sound quality. Also they are beautiful to look at and are well constructed. I use them with my Sony LCD TV (see my review) which, like all flatscreen TVs, suffers from very poor sound.

I don't have room for a full fledged home cinema system with five or seven speakers and a lot of the soundbars are very bulky. To be honest, unless you are watching Blu-Ray/DVDs are all the time, sound systems with Dolby Pro Logic, etc. are overkill as the sound quality of most TV broadcasts is not that great.

The JBL Creatures have no problem filling my living room with sound. The bass is rich and deep. They connect using a mini headphone jack, which means they can also be used with computers and MP3 players. I bought an adaptor so that I can connect using the phono sockets of my TV for slightly better quality sound.

The product is magnetically shielded so that your TV/monitor & any nearby hard drive will not be adversely affected.

To sum up, the JBL Creatures 3 are compact but fill the room with a big sound. Every time I buy JBL, I am not disappointed. A superb product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Computer speakers., 4 Mar 2013
I can honestly say that this sounds as good as my high end main stereo system. This item was recommended by a family member and I am highly delighted with their performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 25 Oct 2011
Great value for money speakers.Bought them to use with laptop but now use with MP3 and iPods.Sound is excellent and their looks are modern.

3.0 out of 5 stars Boom Boom Fiz!, 8 Oct 2010
Convinced I was going to have to send these back when first connected up. The volume controls were set at minimum and it took a while to find out that they were the two small silver buttons on one of the satellites. Something to be said for reading the instructions prior to connection. Having said that the inclusion of a remote would have been so much simpler and a bonus. The sub-woofer in this system is quite impressive with definite ground shaking effect and would add to any media played through your system, be it music or games. I'm affraid that is where the praise for these must end. Their shortcomings are very much highlighted with the addition of voice which can sound muffled at the best of times with little clarity. The dynamics are poorly balanced in favour of the bottom end which is a pity because given a little better engineering these would have been superb speakers. The cables could have done with being a little longer. Something that cannot be adjusted as they are dedicated. For the price though, I can only say that you get a lot for your bucks, if you can overlook these restrictions. A definite must if you wish only to play games or music but forget about connecting them to a TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars blood y excellent!, 3 Aug 2010
amazing depth, amazing clarity, amazing design - they're excellent in every way! the speakers might be sheilded but sub/amp not so keep away from your kit :-)
get them! they are worth every penny of their asking price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding sound!, 14 Jan 2013
These speakers were a present and we are so impressed. We don't have a TV so use our IMAC to watch tv, films and listening to music. This kit is just perfect for that. The IMAC speakers don't go very loud so these have been a welcome addition. Although they look plasticky they are very sturdy and look expensive and stylist. when it comes to music it's crisp clear and perfect bass. For tv shows its not over the top but brings the voices out into the room and again is very clear. As regards film they work so hard, the bass rumbles, the speech is crisp and the background noise or music is very detailed and never muffled. For the money they are well worth it and I have a feeling these are gonna take a good thrashing before they stop working. I would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Creature delivers, 13 Jan 2012
E. R. Hartley "Axel North" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Fantastic product. Really easy to instal and the sound is just amazing. Have used it on music, film, video and games - it delivers on all fronts. A really full sound with sharp treble and deep, deep bass. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as version II, 2 Aug 2010
I had a set of Creature IIs back in 2006 and loved them. When I received these, I was a little disappointed - the sub bass unit is smaller, and the weight is substantially less, leading to a feeling of lower build quality. The sound quality though is just as good as I expected, and on a par with the previous ones I had (at least as far as I remember). It really is amazing quality and depth out of some very small speakers - I could hear scratches and background noise on some mp3s that I've not heard before, and the sound will easily fill a large room.