on 19 July 2011
The sound is out of this world i have had a number of different speakers for my pc and JLB beat all of them hands down....
on 11 April 2013
I purchased these to save space on my original setup (a £400 setup) that had 'stopped working as it should'! I have previous experience with JBL (car hifi system and my Harmon Kardon (who I believe are now one and the same company?!) amplifier for my home hifi), so I thought i'd give these a shot because of the name. There are lots of different reviews of the 'creature III' - my budget was 'very' tight and all the reviews that I read contradicted each other!
From my viewpoint, the audio quality from this system is good and solid. The bass is powerful if you need it and captures everything, and the treble is genuinely 'crystal clear'. The only reason I didn't give these 5 stars is that there seems to be 'something' lacking from the mid tones to me. I notice it all the more as the trebles and basses are so flexible, it almost amplifies (sorry for accidental pun) the lack of mid range. That said however, it is still incredibly good and you could theoretically change the equalizer on the computer to compensate somewhat.
In fact, for pure 'kicks' I am thinking of saving up and buying the black version for my pc (the white ones are for my mac). The looks are awesome and the footprint they leave is minute. I am generally not convinced by 'splitting' up the audio into 2 speakers and sub woofer (usually because of said mid range problem) but these speakers cope well and I would not hesitate to recommend them. For this price range certainly, I cannot find a better alternative - a sound investment (I couldn't predict that pun either, dreadful!).
on 25 October 2011
Great value for money speakers.Bought them to use with laptop but now use with MP3 and iPods.Sound is excellent and their looks are modern.
on 1 June 2013
I was very disappointed with this produce, to the point were I sent it back.
My sister owns the creature II (the earlier 40W version) and the clarity of those are very impressive. This led me to buying the latest model thinking that if anything it would be the same quality and standard. However I was wrong, the clarity and control allowed by the bass and treble variation is lacking, the small speakers no longer light up, which I always found a nice feature in the old model and worst of all after listening to the system on a slightly louder volume setting, one time, there was a constant crackle in the background. These factors led to the eventual return of the product, I'm sorry to say.

Hope this helps in making you decision.
on 14 May 2013
Just like another reviewer I nearly sent them back as I could get no sound.
Tiny volume controls on one of the speakers which required far too much pressure to raise the volume. Perhaps my unit is faulty but I could not see the frail or elderly operating it.
Fortunately now the volume is set I use the TV remote to control it.
Hooked up to a bedroom TV the sound is clear and with the adjustable sub-woofer movies sound great. Nice clear well balanced sound.
Shame about that volume control which is a bit of a let-down.
on 19 January 2014
Bass is quite good and the speakers are crisp clear. However when the bass is put on the highest level, the speakers sound is kind of absorbed by the bass making the bass louder then vocals of a song. This could be improved if more powerful speakers are provided with this woofer. Otherwise all about the product is amazing from the shape to the sound.
on 26 January 2013
Wanted to get some 2.1 speakers to connect to my PC and wanted white as it matched the room. Looked at quite a few online and went to local PC World to test a few - but the cheaper items despite some decent Amazon reviews looked pretty naff and sound quality made me decide to go for these. I have a JBL iPod dock and had JBL speakers in my car many yrs ago so a brand I trusted. Sound quality on these is very good. but the build quality is 1st class. cant beleive the price of these - well worth spending that little bit more. I had some Accoustic Energy ones a few yrs back which i swapped with a friend as I didnt need them then - they are sold for £120 on Amazon and I would say sound quality is about the same. But with the volume controls on these JBL ones on one of the speakers it makes it very easy to control no need to fiddle with the sub on the floor. I love it - not sure my neighbour will - as the base is quite decent! Great item.
on 31 August 2012
I purchased this speaker system because I moved countries, so I had to sell my Logitech 5.1 which ran on 110V. I also lost some space for my new desktop computer, so I needed something smaller. These seem to fit the bill, but I was a little surprised at how small they were for the price. The satellite speakers we're a good size, but the woofer is too small to justify the name. If you intend to watch movies on a laptop with these, then they would be ideal, but don't expect much mid-range, or thud. I won't be changing them, but if your looking for something with a little more oomph, pay more!
on 2 January 2013
I bought my Creature system seven years ago. It has given brilliant service attached to a succession of Macs as our home entertainment system.
The central base response unit is infinitely adjustable, and the volume can be set by touching one of the little (but deceptive) surround speakers.

It now serves my brand new Samsung PS43E490 43-inch Widescreen 3D Plasma TV with Freeview and 2 pairs of 3D glasses (New for 2012), and is still absolutely superb.

A snip at this price. You can't go wrong.
on 9 January 2014
Great value speakers which get suitably loud for a relatively small computer speaker system (would be fine of a modest party in an average living room! While great at lower volumes!) Improved sound quality over the previous creatures (which I found needed a little eq to sound good, these sound MUCH better out the box). There not a proper Hi-Fi speaker for critical listening (as you would expect) , but fine for everyday music listening while your working or doing the house work or even a small party!

Highly recommended.