5.0 out of 5 stars A fusion of sound and style
I got these speakers for around 55 and I am very impressed by the sound quality. Also they are beautiful to look at and are well constructed. I use them with my Sony LCD TV (see my review) which, like all flatscreen TVs, suffers from very poor sound.

Published on 8 Aug 2012 by Peter Cavendish

3.0 out of 5 stars Boom Boom Fiz!
Published on 8 Oct 2010 by A. Ross

5.0 out of 5 stars A fusion of sound and style, 8 Aug 2012

I don't have room for a full fledged home cinema system with five or seven speakers and a lot of the soundbars are very bulky. To be honest, unless you are watching Blu-Ray/DVDs are all the time, sound systems with Dolby Pro Logic, etc. are overkill as the sound quality of most TV broadcasts is not that great.

The JBL Creatures have no problem filling my living room with sound. The bass is rich and deep. They connect using a mini headphone jack, which means they can also be used with computers and MP3 players. I bought an adaptor so that I can connect using the phono sockets of my TV for slightly better quality sound.

The product is magnetically shielded so that your TV/monitor & any nearby hard drive will not be adversely affected.

To sum up, the JBL Creatures 3 are compact but fill the room with a big sound. Every time I buy JBL, I am not disappointed. A superb product.

5.0 out of 5 stars blood y excellent!, 3 Aug 2010
amazing depth, amazing clarity, amazing design - they're excellent in every way! the speakers might be sheilded but sub/amp not so keep away from your kit :-)
get them! they are worth every penny of their asking price!

5.0 out of 5 stars JBL Speakers System., 19 July 2011
This review is from: JBL Creature III 2.1 Powered Speaker System for iPad 2/3/4/Mini, iPhone 3G/3GS/4/4S/5/5/5C, iPod Touch 5th Gen, iPod Nano 7th Gen - White (Accessory)
The sound is out of this world i have had a number of different speakers for my pc and JLB beat all of them hands down....

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as version II, 2 Aug 2010
I had a set of Creature IIs back in 2006 and loved them. When I received these, I was a little disappointed - the sub bass unit is smaller, and the weight is substantially less, leading to a feeling of lower build quality. The sound quality though is just as good as I expected, and on a par with the previous ones I had (at least as far as I remember). It really is amazing quality and depth out of some very small speakers - I could hear scratches and background noise on some mp3s that I've not heard before, and the sound will easily fill a large room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Computer speakers., 4 Mar 2013
I can honestly say that this sounds as good as my high end main stereo system. This item was recommended by a family member and I am highly delighted with their performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 25 Oct 2011
Great value for money speakers.Bought them to use with laptop but now use with MP3 and iPods.Sound is excellent and their looks are modern.

3.0 out of 5 stars Boom Boom Fiz!, 8 Oct 2010
Convinced I was going to have to send these back when first connected up. The volume controls were set at minimum and it took a while to find out that they were the two small silver buttons on one of the satellites. Something to be said for reading the instructions prior to connection. Having said that the inclusion of a remote would have been so much simpler and a bonus. The sub-woofer in this system is quite impressive with definite ground shaking effect and would add to any media played through your system, be it music or games. I'm affraid that is where the praise for these must end. Their shortcomings are very much highlighted with the addition of voice which can sound muffled at the best of times with little clarity. The dynamics are poorly balanced in favour of the bottom end which is a pity because given a little better engineering these would have been superb speakers. The cables could have done with being a little longer. Something that cannot be adjusted as they are dedicated. For the price though, I can only say that you get a lot for your bucks, if you can overlook these restrictions. A definite must if you wish only to play games or music but forget about connecting them to a TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding sound!, 14 Jan 2013
These speakers were a present and we are so impressed. We don't have a TV so use our IMAC to watch tv, films and listening to music. This kit is just perfect for that. The IMAC speakers don't go very loud so these have been a welcome addition. Although they look plasticky they are very sturdy and look expensive and stylist. when it comes to music it's crisp clear and perfect bass. For tv shows its not over the top but brings the voices out into the room and again is very clear. As regards film they work so hard, the bass rumbles, the speech is crisp and the background noise or music is very detailed and never muffled. For the money they are well worth it and I have a feeling these are gonna take a good thrashing before they stop working. I would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Creature delivers, 13 Jan 2012
E. R. Hartley "Axel North" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Fantastic product. Really easy to instal and the sound is just amazing. Have used it on music, film, video and games - it delivers on all fronts. A really full sound with sharp treble and deep, deep bass. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding speakers and design, 24 Aug 2011
N. Bryan "intellibloke" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
Been using the X-Mini speakers on my laptop which require me to constantly alter the EQ on iTunes to get the best results. Being a bit more deskbound i decided to invest in the JBLs and i'm not disappointed. Small desktop footprint (subwoofer under desk) and a sound that packs a massive punch. Clarity through entire frequency range but perhaps a little weak in the midrange although you could read this as strong in bass/treble. Controls let you adjust this but overall it was worth sticking with the mid position as best for most kinds of music. Outstanding performance and personally I believe these are a serious competitor to the more expensive Bose speakers.