5.0 out of 5 stars WOW but from a different view
Published on 31 Jan 2010 by Y. Ward

1.0 out of 5 stars A Score Without A Pulse (And Not In A Sparkly Vampiric Way)
Since finding the Twilight score so surprisingly (and pleasantly) counter to my expectations; fascinatingly atmospheric (holding as much tension as Queen Of The Damned score and as evocative as Interview With The Vampire, while still managing to suggest something new and teenage) enough to make me do an 180 about face on my avoidance of the book (and then later see the...
Published on 21 Nov 2009 by dol0rosa

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW but from a different view, 31 Jan 2010
Y. Ward (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Twilight Saga: New Moon - The Score (MP3 Download)
I am reviewing this based on the emotions in the book as I have yet to see the film. What a truly wonderful score. I have the Twilight score as well and both are excellant in different ways. As I haven't seen the film I listened to this with images from the book and what a difference it makes. The book suddenly becomes even more atmospheric and breathtaking. In parts I felt just like Bella feels whenever Edward is near her, completely overwhelmed. I am sure once I have seen the film it will become even more emotional but even without seeing the film it is a beautiful score. Read the book with the music playing and let your emotions and imagination run riot, especially with the scene where Edward leaves Bella. You can feel Bella's pain and confusion almost as if it is you he is leaving.

5.0 out of 5 stars MAGNIFICENT!!!!!, 24 Nov 2009
I. Uki "moviemusicfanatic" (Slovenia, Europe) - See all my reviews
I soooo totally disagree with the previous reviewer. This has to be one of the most atmospheric, the most elegant and misterious score there is out there. I'll go a step further and say that this is definitely - in my humble opinion - the highlight of the musical career of the French composer Alexandre Desplat, a guy I came to worship after his Golden Compass, A Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, Julie & Julia and A Girl with A Pearl Earing score. His ability to transform a moving picture with a combination of magical notes into something wonderful and out of this world, is a sheer brilliance. This is clearly pictured in the opening track "New Moon", which has to be the best theme cue this year. Even though I have enjoyed a quite modernistic sound of Carter Burwell in Twilight (his "Bella's Lullaby" is a real treat), I somehow missed a grand sound of the full orchestra, which Desplat has so wonderfully portrayed in this CD.
I just wanted to point out that this is a magnificent musical experience and you won't be dissapointed if you give it a try. I highly recommend a listen!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars capturing the mood, 24 Nov 2009
as usual, the score takes you back to each and every moment in the amazing film.

I loved Carter Burwell's score of Twilight, but Alexandre brings a vulnerability to the score to mirror Bella's mood.

Any fan of the film and scores in general will love this!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly beautiful music, 6 Jan 2010
J. Williams - See all my reviews
This film score is truly amazing and will send shivers down your spine when listening to it and you will get caught up in the music!

I love the whole CD but my favourite tracks are:-

Track 6 - Edward Leaves - this really captures Bella¡s pain when Edward leaves and when the track reaches 2 minutes 50 seconds to 3 minutes 45 seconds I almost cried, such powerfully moving music.

Track 10 - Memories of Edward - this is where Bella goes to the meadow to try and see/hear Edward, a very nice piece of music.

Track 19 - The Cullens & track 20 - Marry me Bella also really moving pieces of music and I love the signature tune which is heard throughout the CD and film.

I also have the Twilight score which is also amazing, cant wait for Eclipse now!!

I highly recommend this to any Twilight/Movie Score/Classical Music/General Music Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, beautiful, outstanding, perfect, AMAZING, 1 Mar 2011
This soundtrack makes the film for me. I love Twilight, but the compositions on this soundtrack are evocative, uplifting and beautiful. I listen to it every day, and have come on amazon today to buy more of his work. I first liked him from watching Benjamin Button, then when I was just getting into Twilight I saw this album so bought it. Dreamcatcher is simply beautiful. As songs in their own right most on this score stand out, and are wonderful to add to your "relax" or "chillout" playlists. I have dreamcatcher as my ringtone and often get comments about how lovely it sounds

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better than the Soundtrack, 10 Jan 2010
Ms. LH Russell "bookish isn't a word I'd use ... (Hull, East Yorks, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought both the soundtrack and the score at the same time. I feel that the score is way better than the soundtrack because it, captures the emotion more. Emotion is a big thing in the film so should be reflected in the score which this does. Even if you can't remember the film it still takes you back.
The composer has beautifully written the music and none stands out for me because they all shine. I could listen to this while reading other books, on the bus anywhere and not know that it came from New Moon. It makes me imagine things and feel inspired. It's also quite relaxing.
I love this score and can't wait to see what Eclipse's will be like.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'yes' to desplat, 17 May 2013
Anna (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Twilight Saga: New Moon - The Score (MP3 Download)
or should i say 'oui' as he is a french composer who did a brilliant job on adding some musical vivacity to a mind-numbing film. i heard a track played on 'classic fm' and loved. once discovered it is written by alexandre desplat did not hesitate to download it. piano pieces are beautifully arranged with a stringed orchestra. of course, you might recognize the most famous pieces from the soundtrack 'new moon' and 'full moon'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent score - joint best Twilight score !, 20 Mar 2013
I love this soundtrack - in my opinion it is arguably the best of the scores for the Twilight movies...though I love Carter Burwell's themes also.

Has any other twi(music)hards out there noticed that the opening track to the score of Breaking Dawn Part 1 (The Kingdom Where Nobody Dies) by Carter Burwell) is remarkably similar to the beginning of track 17 (You're Alive) on this score???? Alexandre Desplat obviously hasn't noticed the similarity either or else he'd have sued Mr. Burwell methinks!

Anyway love this score by Mr. Desplat who also did a wonderful score to "The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button".

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth every penny !, 30 Jan 2013
I simply love this score, it is by far my favourite classical score. Each track reflects the drama which is shown throughout the film, the soft melody when all is well with bella and Edward the the more intense tracks which clearly shows pending doom.
I love listening to this in the car, especially in traffic it always relaxes me.
An excellent sound track to accompany either book or film, well worth a listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classical album for anybody to love, 8 Jan 2013
The saying you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover is so true with this album. If you took away the front cover I am sure more fans of classical music would buy it, for this album really is a good arrangement of classical music that I listen to in the car!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›