4.0 out of 5 stars Great game once you get past the workarounds and hardware requirements
Best (and simplest) LEGO game yet and suitable for all ages.

Excellent tech support (and you most likely will need it). Be sure your machine WELL EXCEEDS the basic hardware requirements required for the game to function properly. I would even recommend that it surpasses recommended hardware specs for a trouble-free gaming experience as this game makes some...
Published on 9 July 2010 by Wighthouse65

1.0 out of 5 stars Only for those who can cast "extreme patience" on themselves
Once upon a time, I liked all lego games. Then the wicked four years of Harry Potter turned up and turned my joy to stone.

I first tried this on Windows 7. This worked great, except for the annoying "main executable.exe has failed" error which popped up anytime between 2 and 30 mins of play. So I checked online - I was not the only one to have this...
Published 16 months ago by Graeme Colverson

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love LEGO..., 4 Oct. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Great addition to the LEGO set of adventure games. Nice touch the introduction of magic.
If you like LEGO, but arent sure about Harry Potter give it a go. You might find yourself buying the DVD's ;0)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, but issues if playing on Windows Vista or above, 22 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I love the game, but there are massive glitches if you are playing on Vista... The game keeps freezing on me halfway through year 3. But if you can get around this it is amazingly good fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars I will never grow too old for Lego, 28 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I just can't help loving the Lego games. VERY funny and none of the gore. Suitable for all ages (and mental abilities....sigh).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Fun, 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I thought the graphics on this was brilliant and it is very similar to the wii version. A really enjoyable game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was expected!, 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
My son wanted this, having read the books and he has not been disappointed. Easy to load and play. Enjoy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
My son loves Harry Potter and loved this Lego game version, it is so much fun to play, wonderful game.

1.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE, 5 July 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
After my comments below I contacted the customer support line with my problem. They asked me to send them a diagnostic report, after which I got a reply saying that my chipset was not supported and I needed to upgrade it. Saying, in effect, this is not a software problem but a hardware one. This translates as, it won't play on your 10 month old computer so buy another one to play the game. I leave other prospective buyers to make what they will of this. I, meanwhile, will not be recommending any of this firm's products.

After reading a 5 star review in a newspaper and being an elderly H.P fan I eagerly anticipated playing this game. I have a relatively new Dell computer running Windows Vista so I did not foresee any problems. How wrong can you be?
After installing the game I began playing. The first problem I noticed was that the levels, though very engaging, are long and lack a save point. Therefore you either complete the level or if you quit you lose all progress and have to begin again. Secondly, you cannot minimise the game if you want to perform other tasks on the computer, so maybe these people with a games console know better.
All this is bearable, but the final straw was that my new game began to crash. First at the end of level 3, the message came up that the main executable file has stopped working. Despite numerous reloads it happens at the same point every time. So I tried starting another game in a new slot, but this time that dreaded message came up at the end of Level 1. So I am stuck with a brand new game that I cannot play. Surely the developers must have thoroughly road tested this game before release? Meanwhile I await a solution or a patch release which will allow me to play again. Hence my poor rating for what should have been a terrific game.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 12 April 2015
This review is from: Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
There are a lot of bugs and glitch and i can't go to the next level in this way..

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy with the product, 18 Feb. 2015
Felipe Medina "Pusilánime" (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Works as it should, I'm happy with the product. Good packaging, prompt delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
My son worked his way through this one quickly and is now on the 5-7 level.

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD)
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD) by Warner Bros. Interactive (Windows Vista / XP)