Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 February 2010
I was a big fan of Sade in the 80's her velvet voice and ccktail pop/jazz were nigh on perfect with some great songs. Over the years though the releases have been sparse and this album is 10 yrs in the making..but is it any good?..well..no not really unfortunately. Soldier of Love is by far far the best track on the album and a very good song indeed,quite unusual for a sade single but it's a track thats like no other out there at the moment and even if you don't like it you won't forget it. Unfortunately if only the rest of the album was that good,what we get is a lot of anodyne ballads with sparse arrangements with little memorable melody. There is nothing on here that remotely touches tracks like sweetest taboo or smooth operator. To be honest the album was sending me to sleep after 3 or 4 tracks. Apart from soldier of love there isn't really another track that screams SINGLE of the album and can't imaging what they'd release next. Save yourself the money and invest in her back catalogue but leave this be.

A Huge disappointment.
on 14 March 2010
If you love Sade unconditionally you will already have this album and be thrilled by a return towards form.
If like me you have fond memories of Diamond Life, but were slightly disappointed with her last offering, you may approach this a little more warily, but worry not; except for a few maudlin, depressing tracks, it has half a dozen good offerings.
Is it Diamong Life?
No, not really, but then you wouldn't really expect it - would you?
CH
on 13 August 2015
Love this album
on 25 August 2012
Ok, this is not the best Sade album that has been made, but i would say it's certainly worthy of having in your collection. I read some other reviews that remarked on Sade's lack of emotional delivery, and i suppose her delivery has often been perhaps on the understated side? However, there's a lot to enjoy and chill out with on this album. Maybe there's a head turning album in there starting to brew...... like a quiet storm, ey Helen?
on 21 April 2010
Sade - timeless, elegant, beautiful.
The lyrics are haunting.

I was the one
I who could
Pull in all the stars above
Lay them on your feet
And I gave you my love

'cos you were the moon
And I the endless sky

You had the keys to the car
You had every star
Every one of them twinkling
Baby what were you thinking
We had the moon and the sky above
And I gave you my love
on 11 March 2010
I am such a sade fan but im afraid as much as i play this its not doing it for me.
on 26 January 2016
Very pleased
on 18 March 2010
Have always been a fan of Sade from my youth back in the 80's. This new album is soulful and 'moody' - great as background music and also nice to drive to, in a soothing way. I think her best album yet as contemporary,with interesting backing track and her voice still as smooth as rich coffee. Excellent cd.
on 14 August 2015