4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, and reasonable value
I tried this in my Gaggia espresso machine because I was fed up with buying the Gaggia cleaner at a higher price and then paying postage on top.
It is, I'm sure, the identical product to the Gaggia descaler, but with "Saeco" instead of "Gaggia" The instructions are also word-for-word identical. And it works just fine.
Don't be tempted to try a traditional...
Published on 14 Nov. 2011 by A. Riley

3.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't suggest you buy plenty of other products in the supermarket are just as good and much
its ok - but way, way over-priced. Wouldn't suggest you buy plenty of other products in the supermarket are just as good and much cheaper
Published 2 months ago by Ian King

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, and reasonable value, 14 Nov. 2011
A. Riley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saeco Decalcifier for Espresso Coffee Machines, 250 ml, Pack of 3 (Kitchen & Home)
Don't be tempted to try a traditional kettle descaler in an espresso machine. It is much cheparer but just doesn't work and is possibly harmful to the machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT - SAECO Descaler., 30 Sept. 2011
Very pleased with effectiveness of this descaler which I used in an Amodo Mio Espresso Coffee-maker. It's not a five minute job though. Be prepared to spend time switching the machine on and off and waiting around for the descaler to work, after which the solution has to be dispensed gradually in stages. The tank is finally filled for rinsing the circuits and water has to be drawn off through the steam wand & spout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective maintenance for your coffee machine, 11 Dec. 2011
James B. Spink "Jim" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I have a De'longhi EC710 coffee maker and have been looking for a quality descaler at a reasonable price to keep it in good running order. Saeco is a top name in Italian coffee machines, and also owned the Gaggia brand until the whole company became part of the Philips empire, so I thought I would try their descaling product.

This three pack works out at a little under six quid for a 250ml bottle and one bottle is needed for each cleaning cycle. The De'longhi is very straightforward to clean, and I guess most other coffee makers are similar. Fill the tank with one litre of water, add the 250ml of descaler to the tank and let the machine get to temperature. Run half of the fluid through the machine - some through the steamer - then leave for around 15 minutes. Run the remaining fluid through the machine - again with some through the steamer, and then rinse the tank with clean water.

Finally run two tanks full of water through the machine to rinse the chemicals out, then make yourself a nice cup of coffee and the job is done! This Saeco branded product seems identical to the more expensive Gaggia descaler and works a treat. Descale your machine regularly and avoid an expensive repair or replacement!

5.0 out of 5 stars SAME as Gaggia!, 24 April 2013
Based on other reviews I thought I would give this a go. Bit reluctant as my coffee machine is brand new and wanted to treat it like an egg! However, after initial purchase of branded descaled - was a bit miffed at prices, and even if I could find it cheaper on an internet search, postage bumped it right back up again. Anyhow, this is exactly the same stuff as gaggia descaled, comes in exactly the same bottle with exactly the same top (only blue instead of red). It looks as though it is manufactured by same supplier and then sent off to retailers for their own stamp, and inflated price! I will now use this product, until of course, I find the same again, cheaper still. :) I have some pictures to show it is the same, will upload if there is an option.

4.0 out of 5 stars Saeco Decalcifier, 15 Jun. 2013
Franco (Midlands - UK) - See all my reviews
I have a Saeco Odea bean-to-cup machine and I descale every time the indicator light comes on. This is the only product that I have used and the machine continues to work perfectly after more than three years of daily use.

The reason for four stars is the price of the descaler. I see many products that are meant to do the same job at a small fraction of the price of Saeco. However, I am put off buying them by reports that they will damage automatic espresso machines. I don't know if that is true, but I am unwilling to risk damaging the machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the label!, 13 Dec. 2012
Difficult to get excited about reviewing a descaler but I am very happy with the efficiency of this product. It keeps my Dualit coffee machine in tip top order.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all gaggia class machines, 22 Nov. 2014
A must for all Gaggia class machines - Gaggia have supplied 3 different descaling instructions with my machine and if you include the saeco instructions you have 4 versions to try. I have stuck with the Gaggia version which recommends using half a bottle of descaler for one tank of water but I live in a soft water are and descale every 6 months. Machine now nearly 3 years old and going strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saeco Decalcifier for Espresso Coffee Machines, 250 ml, Pack of 3, 14 Feb. 2013
Amazon Customer (Cardiff, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this product because it was recommended by the manufacturer, I had waited many years for the price to reach an affordable level, so I wasn't going to clean it with yer average decalcifier! I bought a pack of 3 (no sniggering please) because it worked out cheaper
The cleaner does what it says it does. I would have been upset if it didn't.......

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than the (identical) Gaggia branded version, 30 Dec. 2014
Quite expensive - but cheaper than the (identical) Gaggia branded version. I use this to maintain my Gaggia Classic machine. It takes a while to run through the whole procedure - and I'd recommend reading how to do it online, because the instructions on the packet don't seem to include all of the steps that most Gaggia owners suggest,

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential machine maintenance, 13 April 2014
Product as recommended by my machines manufacturer. Good price for pack of three and delivered quickly and as promised. Have used one and does as expected. Will purchase again in future as and when I have used these items. This also conforms with my extended warranty conditions.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›