Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Price:£13.40+ Free shipping

I will say upfront I'm not interested in any supposed health claims of this light you can read about those elsewhere; i bought it for the way it looks. This Himalayan Salt Crystal Lamp is about 30cm high and sits on a nice round wooden base. It looks great when its switched off and the lamp gives off a soft glow; with lots of texture in the glow. It looks great in my living room and the soft glow is great when watching films with the other lights off.

Dinged a star as the supplied bulb blew as soon as I plugged it in - as did the fuse.
on 11 February 2011
This rock lamp was beautiful when it arrived and gives a nice dim light to my room making the setting relaxing. Definately a must buy item!
on 20 October 2011
I love the lamp, it was a good price, free delivery for a heavy item and arrived quickly. It seems to be solid and good quality. However, when I assembled it the plug sparked and both the bulb and the fuse in the plug blew simoultaneously, so I'm guessing it got a knock whilst in transit.... so I was disappointed that I couldn't plug it in immediately. Once I had replaced both and set it up it was beautiful, however after a couple of days I noticed that the antique table it was standing on was wet and stained, the lamp appeared to be leaking... worrying ! When I contacted customer services they said this was normal.... that the lamp was very sensitive to atmosphere.... I find that strange and not altogether acceptable. I have now to stand the lamp on a mat to soak up the liquid, but I do worry about its safety. I'm not sure I would recommend it based on my experience.
44 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 September 2011
I bought this for a Birthday Present and the recipient was delighted, so I have gone on to buy a smaller one for myself.
Very speedy delivery.
on 19 January 2011
I bought this for my Mum for Christmas, she totally loves it!!!
delivery was great - one of the best buys I've made on Amazon
on 8 August 2012
I decided to buy one of these after a friend told me about her's, and I don't regret it.

Setting it up was simple and it came with the base, cords and a bulb as described. The colour of mine is mostly a light, peach colour with splashes of darker red and even pinky white here and there. When turned on in a dark room, it looks and even feels gorgeous. The light is a very soft, red glow that almost seems to warm the whole room. Not a great light for reading in, but it creates a wonderful atmosphere. It's a really interesting feature to have in a room and as a lover of rocks and crystals, I enjoy having a piece of geology lighting up my bedroom.

My only complaint is that the bulb didn't last more than a week or two, but I tend to expect as much from bulbs that come with products.
on 22 May 2011
Excellent product, looks wonderful when lit......a warm glow that is relaxing and a soothing light. Well packaged in bubble wrap and extra care taken to securely package extras like bulb etc. Wonderful price too for size of lamp!!! Impressed....highly recommended supplier.
on 24 November 2010
...than the first reviewer. No problems with the fuse.

This item arrives well-packed and it's pretty heavy! Assembly takes mere seconds and the screw-in 15K bulb is provided. The look of the lamp both on and off is very attractive. Turned off it is a pale peach and crystal white block with a small round wooden base; the rock itself almost resembles a block of turkish delight. But more importantly it's a real slice of geology.

When lit the rock salt lamp is something else! It really is a work of natural art to look at; the bulb light shows up any cleavage planes and/or impurities from within (which would be invisible to the eye when the lamp is turned off) and makes it fascinating to sit and ponder and it is surprising how far the glow radiates out (a little like being around a campfire). I would say it is an distinct orange-apricot glow deeper than the yellow rock salt lamps you see advertised. When switched on the 'glow' psychologically seems to warm you up. I placed it in a cold bedroom in winter and strangely enough I did not feel cold all night. I have not had it long enough to notice any 'health benefits' but I must say that I have not had any headaches in this small room in the short time since getting the lamp, which may or may not be coincidental. It is placed near to the TV on the windowsill.

Overall one of the best lamps I've purchased and I'm really happy with it.
on 3 March 2011
This item was better than i expected... looks good both switched on... or off.. arrived quickly and was well packed...
on 13 October 2013
Lamp was working only 1 day and then wire started melted and bulb was gone. LAMP itself would be OK but very POOR QUALITY of wire, looked like garage made and it looks very dangerous to use as if it electric lamp and plugged in wall
it must be safe , but wire is not Ok and DANGEROUS